• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

sell him if we stick with Mourinho, may be wrong but i don't recall many players turning their lot around under him?
I found this https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...urinhos-good-books-chelsea-man-utd-tottenham/

but I wouldn’t say many of those were turnarounds, a few players he just ended up with again after selling!

There is a trend where he seems to want more from attacking players in terms of work rate and a low tolerance for indiscipline.

Ans there’s Luke Shaw of course, he treated him like a ginger step child but he still signed a new contract under him and praised his methods when he got his england call up.

Hopefully there is a top team that is lured by the YouTube reel of Ndombele and gives us close to our money back.

Usually I love a player like him, different style, outrageous skills BUT given our situation 1. he'll bring money in to give us options 2. He's done eff all, so you could say, what will we miss 3. It smells of a clash with the manager, with a rebuild continuing, we could do without a negative distraction going on within the camp.

sell him if we stick with Mourinho, may be wrong but i don't recall many players turning their lot around under him?
If we stick with Mourinho? I hope you're not implying that if it was a Pep or Klopp they would be playing him or getting the best out of him - do you want to show me another player performing at a high level in the PL who is in the shape he is? This is all about the player, nothing to do with the manager. It's an embarrassment a 'professional' is in the shape he is, and the fact he has so much talent makes it even worse.....

If we stick with Mourinho? I hope you're not implying that if it was a Pep or Klopp they would be playing him or getting the best out of him - do you want to show me another player performing at a high level in the PL who is in the shape he is? This is all about the player, nothing to do with the manager. It's an embarrassment a 'professional' is in the shape he is, and the fact he has so much talent makes it even worse.....

I'm saying that it looks like there's no way back for the player under Mourinho so we may as well cash in. Seemed pretty clear to me.

I'm saying that it looks like there's no way back for the player under Mourinho so we may as well cash in. Seemed pretty clear to me.
You said 'if we stick with Mourinho' which clearly suggests you're saying if we had another manager we might want to keep him, so I'm asking you what managers would want to persevere with someone who doesn't even keep in shape?
If you didnt mean that then fair enough, but then don't understand why you would bring Mourinho into it as its quite clearly an issue with the player.....

You said 'if we stick with Mourinho' which clearly suggests you're saying if we had another manager we might want to keep him, so I'm asking you what managers would want to persevere with someone who doesn't even keep in shape?
If you didnt mean that then fair enough, but then don't understand why you would bring Mourinho into it as its quite clearly an issue with the player.....

If you can't comprehend that a change in manager* might in some way result in a different future for the player then that's on you.

*not that i think it's likely Mourinho won't be here next season.

A dislike of Jose is strong in that one. ;)

Because once Jose has publicly passed a negative opinion on a player, generally that player does not have route back without exceptional circumstances.

There is a trend where he seems to want more from attacking players in terms of work rate and a low tolerance for indiscipline.

That's one area where Mourinho is quite similar to Pochettino. Though Mourinho has at times had one attacking player that's been more or less accepted to not put in a proper defensive shift it's usually been a wide forward or striker, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen to Ndombele.

It actually makes me quite relaxed about the whole situation. Either Mourinho thinks he can he get what he needs from Ndombele and all will be good. Or he doesn't and he won't be a problem for long.

Back