• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Enjoyed watching him yesterday.

He also ran more than I expected. Although not always timed well, this should improve with more games.

He passes so, so much quicker than the rest of our midfield.

Should start imo and just let Jose know when he's knackered and wants to come off.

I’m pretty certain José is leaving him on the bench to make a point / try and motivate him, rather than because he thinks we’ll perform better without him playing any minutes.

Ok, so he looks lazy and out of breath and like he wants to eat at McDonald's or whatever - he can stille control a football at his feet better than pretty much every other player in our side. He should start games for us on that merit alone. Just make space for him. We don't need an entire team to track back. What we do need is a player capable of getting past opposition players and finding team mates in space. Sissoko has never been that player. Winks hasn't done it for well over a year. This guy needs to start. Simple as that. I'd put Lo Celso and Skipp at the anchor of the midfield, Ndombele higher up. It wouldn't hurt trying it out.
I’d do similar but instead of Skipp play Sissoko as a pure holding midfielder and instruct him not to go beyond the centre circle. Break up play and then give it 10 yards to Lo Celso, Ndombele, Aurier or Davies.

I would also drop Kane and play Son through the middle (but that won’t happen) with Moura and Bergwijn as the two wide players.

There has to be a way of getting him in the side. I was excited when I saw him ready to come on second half, but gutted it was in place of Lo Celso as was hoping for them to link up together. It's a big ask for a guy playing as little minutes as he has to do it all on his own in midfield which he literally had to do. Sissoko doesnt have creative ability, and Winks dear lord what has happened to him. Happy to see Sissoko sit, and its down to Mourinho to figure out how to position Lo Celso and N'Dombele - but with the two of them on the field together we would automatically be much much more creative and I bet Kane would be happy enough with that supply line. We would also then see the benefits of Dele as he does make runs and both of them are capable of picking him out....

There has to be a way of getting him in the side. I was excited when I saw him ready to come on second half, but gutted it was in place of Lo Celso as was hoping for them to link up together. It's a big ask for a guy playing as little minutes as he has to do it all on his own in midfield which he literally had to do. Sissoko doesnt have creative ability, and Winks dear lord what has happened to him. Happy to see Sissoko sit, and its down to Mourinho to figure out how to position Lo Celso and N'Dombele - but with the two of them on the field together we would automatically be much much more creative and I bet Kane would be happy enough with that supply line. We would also then see the benefits of Dele as he does make runs and both of them are capable of picking him out....
Think we've got to at least give that a go.

The vertical pass by definition is a link pass between your defence midfield and forwards. Ndombeles first thought is always this. Fair play to him for that.

Most of our players think it's against the law or something?

Last edited:
I remember when we beat Real Madrid, and Winks was majestic that day. Seemed to have so much potential...and now...sad to see his decline.

I dont think he's declined. I think he's flatlined over the last 2-3 years, with that performance in the Bernabeu being an exceptionally good day at the office for him.

I'd still keep him in teh squad - English, local, Spurs fan, and when he's on form he is good enough - but we need to get a proper DM in ahead of him in the pecking order

I dont think he's declined. I think he's flatlined over the last 2-3 years, with that performance in the Bernabeu being an exceptionally good day at the office for him.

I'd still keep him in teh squad - English, local, Spurs fan, and when he's on form he is good enough - but we need to get a proper DM in ahead of him in the pecking order
Yup. I've argued many times in here that Winks isn't the player many think him to be and often that Madrid game is mentioned but it was once in a lifetime performance from him. He's consistently been far far below that level. It wouldn't be the first time a young player has played beyond their level in a glamour tie and sadly I think we have to admit that seems to be the case for Winks. He has played far more meh games than good ones.

Mourinho was meant to have used lock down to get him fit. Wasn't that what the park training sessions were meant to be about? He looks in worse condition than ever.
You can run around all day but nothing compares to getting match fit than actually playing games.

I’d do similar but instead of Skipp play Sissoko as a pure holding midfielder and instruct him not to go beyond the centre circle. Break up play and then give it 10 yards to Lo Celso, Ndombele, Aurier or Davies.

I would also drop Kane and play Son through the middle (but that won’t happen) with Moura and Bergwijn as the two wide players.
:eek::eek::eek:

Crazy question but can Jan not play as a DM? Didn't he run a few games there in his younger days? Appreciate the legs are gone but at least may be a half decent option given limited options in that spot?

Back