• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Can anyone justify how this guy is out of breath when he hasn't even played a minute of the game? I filmed this at half time prior to him coming on.

I tried attaching a longer video but the upload error said, too large..

Attachments

• VID_20200710_085709.mp4
    7.7 MB · Views: 28
Ok, so he looks lazy and out of breath and like he wants to eat at McDonald's or whatever - he can stille control a football at his feet better than pretty much every other player in our side. He should start games for us on that merit alone. Just make space for him. We don't need an entire team to track back. What we do need is a player capable of getting past opposition players and finding team mates in space. Sissoko has never been that player. Winks hasn't done it for well over a year. This guy needs to start. Simple as that. I'd put Lo Celso and Skipp at the anchor of the midfield, Ndombele higher up. It wouldn't hurt trying it out.

Thought he did well when he came on, though obviously reliant on others winning the ball and then giving it to him, which I guess is ok given the type of player he is. That said, he doesnt look remotely fit - either that or he is fit, but doesnt care enough to run.

The ankle breaking tackle which he put in I thought was a positive given it showed some effort, and perhaps it might have clicked with him that he needs to try a bit more

Whatever Mourinho’s trying with him, it doesn’t seem to be working. His shape / work rate look worse than ever I think? He surely can’t have looked like this last season, for us to splash £50-60m on him (even taking into account his obviously amazing talent with the ball)?

Whatever Mourinho’s trying with him, it doesn’t seem to be working. His shape / work rate look worse than ever I think? He surely can’t have looked like this last season, for us to splash £50-60m on him (even taking into account his obviously amazing talent with the ball)?
Still looked miles better than anyone else in our team IMO
Quite scary that having a player whose first Thought is to pass the ball can have an impact on the team

He walks like he has one leg shorter than the other or an injury.

It must be really difficult to come on as an unwanted sub and to find the balance between not making a mistake and doing something exceptional to force the manager to pick you.

even half fit he still has something to offer for the rest of the season, either because he’s a massive talent or we have too many players who cannot make progressive passes or dribbles. As poor as we were yesterday there were a few times when we did work the ball into a reasonable position but the final pass was either bad or not even attempted. We have the attacking players to score goals but they need to get the ball early, so they can time their runs or isolate a defender.

I thought he was decent with a huge shimmer of promise. I thought his work-rate was very decent, he certainly got back and covered some very important situations. There is a great player in there...
I agree
He looked like someone wanting to play football and pass and move rather than hit and hope
I’d love to see him start now with Lo celso and sissoko behind (as dont have anyone else)

I reckon we might see him start in midfield with Winks and Sissoko on Sunday, and then GLC pushed forward alongside Kane and Son. I dont think that is GLC's best position, but it might make Jose realise that we need to bring in some creativity in the front positions

I'm not sure I see Jose starting with GLC and Ndombele in a midfield 3

The guy has played how many minutes since the break? He is clearly not match fit.

Mourinho was meant to have used lock down to get him fit. Wasn't that what the park training sessions were meant to be about? He looks in worse condition than ever.

I reckon we might see him start in midfield with Winks and Sissoko on Sunday, and then GLC pushed forward alongside Kane and Son. I dont think that is GLC's best position, but it might make Jose realise that we need to bring in some creativity in the front positions

I'm not sure I see Jose starting with GLC and Ndombele in a midfield 3
Some reason or other Jose doesn’t seem to want to give Steve a full game
Maybe he has a master plan to let him loose on arsenal defence which I know he has done before with players but I do think it’s odd only give him half a game here and there

Back