• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Such a frustrating player.

One of the laziest, greediest pricks ever to grace a football pitch but also gave us one of football's greatest ever moments when he ran the length of the pitch to wind up Arsenal fans.
That was a superb thing to see.

'My thinking in the first half was that we didn’t have a midfield,' the Spurs boss said. 'Of course i’m not talking about Skipp as he’s 19-year-old.

'I’m not critical of Skipp at all. Tanguy has had enough time to be at a different level. A player with this potential and responsibility has to give us more than he is giving us.

'I hope he uses every minute on the pitch to improve. There are many fantastic players that in first seasons in new countries they struggle.

'He is a player of great talent but he has to know that he must do much better. He has to know that I can’t keep giving him opportunities to play, because the team is more important that the players.'

The truth is Skipp is more aware and mature in some ways than Ndombele. Plus Ndombele is not English, not used to being or playing in London. So Mourinho needs to build him up too. Yes demand more, but he needs a run of games and to be told to do the simple things well. A bit like Aurier he's not positionally aware. All Ndombele needs to do is get his defensive positioning right, get with the speed of the game, and the rest will take care of itself. In possession he is fine. He needs to feel settled. So Mourinho has to build him up after he's cut him down.

Last edited:
The truth is Skipp is more aware and mature in some ways than Ndombele. Plus Ndombele is not English. So Mourinho needs to build him up too. Yes demand more, but he needs a run of games and to be told to do the simple things well. A bit like Aurier he's not positionally very aware. All Ndombele needs to do is get his defensive positioning right, get with the speed of the game, and the rest will take care of itself. In possession he is fine. He needs to feel settled. So Mourinho has to build him up after he's cut him down.
Have to say Skipp was awful today
Barely made a pass, tackle or interception
But the defence seemed to spank it past midfield all the time

Have to say Skipp was awful today
Barely made a pass, tackle or interception
But the defence seemed to spank it past midfield all the time

Of our midfielders, only Le Celco is up to speed and confident. Skipp and Ndombele need to pay regular games. Dier actually looked decent in midfield second half - like he was up to speed. At CB he needs a season on loan? Not sure he's ready to play there without more practice.

Of our midfielders, only Le Celco is up to speed and confident. Skipp and Ndombele need to pay regular games. Dier actually looked decent in midfield second half - like he was up to speed. At CB he needs a season on loan? Not sure he's ready to play there without more practice.

Dier looked like Dier of old in midfield but their chanting IMO egged him on to prove a point
Lo Celso just looks class. I’d argue there isn’t a better player playing CM in this league right now
NDombele won’t get games unless he takes his chances when they come
Skipp looked like an inexperienced 19 year old
We missed that winks Lo Celso a is which IMO works really well and will show more when we have some strikers
Don’t forget with the midfield being none existent and the defence passing soooo poorly we still had more of the ball in that first half

I think Ndombele migh4 be able to turn it round.

But if we could get our money back I would take it to use on someone who would suit out league.

Dier looked like Dier of old in midfield but their chanting IMO egged him on to prove a point
Lo Celso just looks class. I’d argue there isn’t a better player playing CM in this league right now
NDombele won’t get games unless he takes his chances when they come
Skipp looked like an inexperienced 19 year old
We missed that winks Lo Celso a is which IMO works really well and will show more when we have some strikers
Don’t forget with the midfield being none existent and the defence passing soooo poorly we still had more of the ball in that first half
If only we had La Celso AND Bruno Fernandes.

If only we had La Celso AND Bruno Fernandes.
TBF
We went for Lo Celso and Tanguy and form what I’d seen before I would have done the same again
But everything id of Fernandes made me think he would shine in the prem
But if we had him we wouldn’t have Dele playing and we have him already ...

But if we had him we wouldn’t have Dele playing and we have him already ...

why?
We need quality in depth!
NDombele was bought with good intentions of that I have no doubt!
But who scouted and put him forward as a possible purchase when we now know he is totally wrong for the league! This person or people need to answer some serious questions imho
Who the hell else bid for him?

why?
We need quality in depth!
NDombele was bought with good intentions of that I have no doubt!
But who scouted and put him forward as a possible purchase when we now know he is totally wrong for the league! This person or people need to answer some serious questions imho
Who the hell else bid for him?
You need to chill out on ths Ndom signing as he is here now and I would have brought him over anyone else for that role. He IMO was the right signing but it may not work out

I never saw Lo Celso as a CM either, but as an Eriksen replacement (a 10 of you will) which is where Fernandes plays and I assumed it was one or the other.

How about you do your own thinking and not fall into lazy stereotyping of the manager?

The man went to war with his own medical team because his physio ran to treat an injured player. How is it a stereotype?

He was a history of complaining about injured players, publicly slagging off injured players, using press conferences and interviews to turn fans against injured players.

Look at this. It's exact same as whats happening here. Swap NDombele for Shaw or Smalling and Lamela for Blind.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/06/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-players-mentalities

“Smalling doesn’t feel that he can play 100% with his pain, Luke Shaw told me this morning that he was not in the condition to play, so we had to build a defensive line.”

“Daley Blind has some problems but he put himself available to be on the bench and to try to help the team, so the people that are here are people that I trust for a difficult match.”

Back