• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

It's telling that many of those highlights are where he receives the ball in space, or beats just one player, then has all the time in the world to amble forwards a bit and pick a pass. While he has the skills to break a press, he has never shown (at least in Spurs colours) the desire to get stuck in and own the middle of the pitch.
And also were in the second half against 10.

He is an absolute disgrace. Looks like he's piled on weight, hiding and making no effort at all. Even if he gets the ball he's not holding players off like he used to do.
I can't understand Lyon playing him. The manager should be telling him to fudge off back to London.

OK guys please engage your brains and realise what I am saying here...

Ndombele looked INCREDIBLE on youtube, his ability to receive and turn and tackle and dribble, really fast feet, and he provided an assist within seconds of his first Spurs start and he did fine in the game and I was massively pleased we signed him early in the window and backed the manager etc. and I think he will go on to be brilliant for us, and he has hardly had a pre-season at all yet but...

I was a bit surprised by his pace/style of jogging around i.e. I am used to seeing Winks and Sissoko and Skipp pelting around at full pace like electric rabbits... Tanguy was more like yer da' jogging about and turning and ambling back and slowly tracking back... I was expecting a Kanté style scurrying frenetic sprint, but it was more of a loping "hey I'll get there when I get there guys" stride.

Maybe he will be more dynamic/frenetic after a few more Poch sessions after a summer of chilling. Maybe he doesn't need to press like a terrier because he plays differently, e.g. Dembele.

So I am NOT criticising the lad, I was just a bit surprised at how he jogged around. Do not kill me. I know it was his first few minutes. I know, OK!
Who would have known that the fear in the comment has now been justified.

Who would have known that the fear in the comment has now been justified.
Ndombele = Not Dembele. He's made it, become the big fish, and just cannot be arsed.

All I can think of is that Poch saw a little bit of Moussa in him and thought he could bring it out. As it is, he's going to add to the long list of expensive Spurs failures. Bent, Bentley, Paulinho, Soldado, I'm looking at you. Although at least Bobby Soldier tried. Maybe even back to Rebrov. Sure, every club has its fair share of failures, but it seems that we fudge up every time we splash the cash. I mean, Sissoko is arguably the most successful of our top ten record signings!

I just hope that Paratici is a better judge of character.

Ndombele = Not Dembele. He's made it, become the big fish, and just cannot be arsed.

All I can think of is that Poch saw a little bit of Moussa in him and thought he could bring it out. As it is, he's going to add to the long list of expensive Spurs failures. Bent, Bentley, Paulinho, Soldado, I'm looking at you. Although at least Bobby Soldier tried. Maybe even back to Rebrov. Sure, every club has its fair share of failures, but it seems that we fudge up every time we splash the cash. I mean, Sissoko is arguably the most successful of our top ten record signings!

Postiga was another big money signing at the time who flopped

Bentley was the most inexcusable by the time as we had Lennon on the right side so didnt even need Bentley

Bit harsh on darren bent, he scored goals and was no worse than the player he was at ipswich and charlton. Also played in a squad that had incredible competition up top.

Bit harsh on darren bent, he scored goals and was no worse than the player he was at ipswich and charlton. Also played in a squad that had incredible competition up top.
Okay, I've looked at his record and he wasn't that bad. He certainly scored more than I remembered.

Not that good either though, considering he was our record signing at the time.

Back