• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

The Athletic reporting that he wants out. Good riddance. He's a fraud and he's the worst type of fraud because he has the ability. All he needs to do is put the right attitude with it and he could be world class.
More blame on the scout and one that sanctioned the deal. Many playground players would gladly take what we offer.

More blame on the scout and one that sanctioned the deal. Many playground players would gladly take what we offer.

Wasn't he bought cause poch liked him? After poch turned down players we overspent on him especially wages (very unlike levy).

We backed the manager.

Wasn't he bought cause poch liked him? After poch turned down players we overspent on him especially wages (very unlike levy).

We backed the manager.
He was one of the most exciting players in Europe. He wasn’t bought just because Poch liked him. He performed too at the beginning albeit not looking fit. He’s just one of those mercurial players in football who thinks talent compensates for effort.

We backed the manager.
Yeah add whoever was party to the decision. For both the success or failure of the signing. My point being that you cant just lay blame the results on the player. We took a risk and it failed.

He was one of the most exciting players in Europe. He wasn’t bought just because Poch liked him. He performed too at the beginning albeit not looking fit. He’s just one of those mercurial players in football who thinks talent compensates for effort.

He was exciting and nobody is dismissing his ability. But there were also issues. Him finding it hard to keep his weight down etc...

The wages we over spent on. We gave him a contract that was more than son was on and matched harry's. Levy usually does them heavilly bonus laden. 1 to motivate them. 2 to be easier to get rid if they don't perform.

Not saying this just to defend Poch but when he said that Ndombele would need 2 years to get up to scratch to Prem level, having worked with him for a few weeks, it did strike me as an odd thing to say, distancing himself from the transfer perhaps?

Has anyone seen the film draft day, with kevin costner? Yes it's fiction but that is what our recruitment team should be doing. Not just looking at what happens on the pitch but off it aswell. Find out how he gets on with team mates. Question coaches from his previous clubs to see what they thought of him. Check his social media...

I seriously doubt we're paying him 200k per week - Kane is our highest earner and I don't think he gets a basic of 200k - its linked to bonuses and such like.

I've spent most of the last year saying that its unfair on some of the fringe players to have to play with each other in games against weakened opposition, rather than playing surrounded by first teamers who will bring the best out of them, but in truth the only player who showed the desire to be on the pitch today was Gil - Ndombele, Dele, and Lo Celso all looked very average and lacking in motivation.

Poch said trouble was coming.
Mourinho said there were issues he couldn't fix.
Nuno was lost from the off due to the issues with the squad.
Conte can't get a tune out of Tanguy, Dele and Lo Celso.

You can't say the club hasn't tried, but right now its really looking time to cut our losses.

Yeah add whoever was party to the decision. For both the success or failure of the signing. My point being that you cant just lay blame the results on the player. We took a risk and it failed.

We're not city or utd. We can't afford for those risks to fail. If we are to get successful we need a higher success rate than the super rich clubs.

I seriously doubt we're paying him 200k per week - Kane is our highest earner and I don't think he gets a basic of 200k - its linked to bonuses and such like.

I've spent most of the last year saying that its unfair on some of the fringe players to have to play with each other in games against weakened opposition, rather than playing surrounded by first teamers who will bring the best out of them, but in truth the only player who showed the desire to be on the pitch today was Gil - Ndombele, Dele, and Lo Celso all looked very average and lacking in motivation.

Poch said trouble was coming.
Mourinho said there were issues he couldn't fix.
Nuno was lost from the off due to the issues with the squad.
Conte can't get a tune out of Tanguy, Dele and Lo Celso.

You can't say the club hasn't tried, but right now its really looking time to cut our losses.

I struggle to believe it too. It's just the figure bandied about. Hope it is wrong.

Kanes i believe goes to £15m a season with bonuses so £300k a week.

He cost us north of 60m - a player that expensive commands those sorts of wages.

Yet he was on €15k a week at the time we bought him. Son and dele were on a lot less than £200k. Both had just been to a cl final and could have got higher transfer fees. As i said levy usually has hefty bonuses rather than a massive base rate. It's out of charachter.

It’s obvious NDombele is done here. But I don’t buy into the he doesn’t care less type comments, that is just a throwaway armchair comment from people who don’t know the full circumstances. He is clearly unsettled here, and that combined with his style appears like he is lethargic etc but if that was the case Conte wouldn’t allow him anywhere near the squad let alone the pitch.

It got me thinking about the way football has changed - I grew up on football in the 90s with the excitement of Daveeeed Ginola (and Jose Dominguez:D) and NDombele would have gone down an absolute treat then, when the Premier League allowed for such mercurial talents - in todays Premier League I don’t see Ginola having much success.

It feels to me like the pureness of football is slowly disappearing - Now the football is so much more mechanical seldom allowing for enigmas such as NDombele, people get too bogged down in stats, and fans look to get their phones out to record scoring a goal rather than just live in the moment. I know some will argue football standards have just improved over time, but when I think about the times I most enjoyed football it was ironically back when we were pretty rubbish:D Oh well, I digress…..

Whatever else, Tanguy clearly lacks the intelligence to understand the most basic team dynamics - even if you personally are struggling, you have to consider the bigger picture of doing whatever you can to assist your teammates and your team. If all you can do to help is to sprint off when substituted then so be it. By strolling off like he’d exhausted himself in a gargantuan effort of a performance he mugged off absolutely everyone in that stadium. Like many on here I’ve hoped he would come good. That hope is now gone. The mentality of this man is staggeringly bad. No wonder we have a reputation for folding when the going gets tough when we carry people like this for years on end. We are going to lose all of our £54,000,000 but it’s worth it to get him gone immediately.

Whatever else, Tanguy clearly lacks the intelligence to understand the most basic team dynamics - even if you personally are struggling, you have to consider the bigger picture of doing whatever you can to assist your teammates and your team. If all you can do to help is to sprint off when substituted then so be it. By strolling off like he’d exhausted himself in a gargantuan effort of a performance he mugged off absolutely everyone in that stadium. Like many on here I’ve hoped he would come good. That hope is now gone. The mentality of this man is staggeringly bad. No wonder we have a reputation for folding when the going gets tough when we carry people like this for years on end. We are going to lose all of our £54,000,000 but it’s worth it to get him gone immediately.
100% this !!

We have paid this bloke £25m + in wages (not his fault I know) and he is laughing at us all, the way he walked off yesterday shows his cares not one bit about the club or his team mates

Back