• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

A bit of a sensationalist headline. Made me think "Oh boy, here we go..." but then i read the article

Lots of quotes from Conte but at no point does he say he needs to adapt quickly. If anything he asks for patience, saying it will take him time for his ideas to get across to the team.

Nor does he say he needs to work harder. At least not in the sense implied. He says because of his talent and the requirements for the position he wants to play him in, he needs to work harder than the other players. This is different to saying he's not working hard enough.

Nevertheless I agree with everything Conte says in the article. I particularly like this one:

"In my football I have an idea and in the idea there are tasks for the players. Every single player has to know what he has to do. Otherwise if every single player has to go and run around the pitch I think it would be a mess."

Guys, we're going to be well coached. Conte will be great for us.

“I have seen that many managers struggled about his position,” Conte said. “For sure, Tanguy has the quality but at the same time he has to understand that there is a team and he has to play into the team. It means that it’s important to keep order and to do what the position is asking you to do. We are working very hard with Tanguy – he has to work much more than the others because he has some talent but he has to put this talent into the team, for the best of the team, not for the single player.”

Yeah, most unpredictable, creative player we have. Finding a role in a very structured, planned style of play might take some time and effort.

At the same time that structure and plan could be very good for him. Get him on the ball in good positions more often.

Hopefully this comment from Conte is something Ndombele agrees with.

A bit of a sensationalist headline. Made me think "Oh boy, here we go..." but then i read the article

Lots of quotes from Conte but at no point does he say he needs to adapt quickly. If anything he asks for patience, saying it will take him time for his ideas to get across to the team.

Nor does he say he needs to work harder. At least not in the sense implied. He says because of his talent and the requirements for the position he wants to play him in, he needs to work harder than the other players. This is different to saying he's not working hard enough.

Nevertheless I agree with everything Conte says in the article. I particularly like this one:

"In my football I have an idea and in the idea there are tasks for the players. Every single player has to know what he has to do. Otherwise if every single player has to go and run around the pitch I think it would be a mess."

Guys, we're going to be well coached. Conte will be great for us.

For those that missed the video…

Just turn him into a winger and let him do his thing on the flanks or get rid, he is clearly not suited to a CM as he can’t tackle and falls on the floor everytime he is in some sort of duel.

Could probably still get about £30m for him, take the loss and bring in a creator.

Yeah, most unpredictable, creative player we have. Finding a role in a very structured, planned style of play might take some time and effort.

At the same time that structure and plan could be very good for him. Get him on the ball in good positions more often.

Hopefully this comment from Conte is something Ndombele agrees with.

I hope so. Unpredictable is never good.

I hope so. Unpredictable is never good.
Unpredictable is fine. Ronaldinho was completely unpredictable but he was also effective. Thats what you want. It's not about being unpredictable or not. It's how effective what you actually doing. With Ndombele he's effective at times but not often enough considering his skill level.

Unpredictable is fine. Ronaldinho was completely unpredictable but he was also effective. Thats what you want. It's not about being unpredictable or not. It's how effective what you actually doing. With Ndombele he's effective at times but not often enough considering his skill level.

I didn’t expect a comparison with Ronaldinho that’s for sure.

Back