• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Yeh I think Sterling 100% had it more because the colour of his skin, even when he was on fire for a few years he would get it as do others.

But Lazy being a tag for black players more than others I am not so sure, also I struggle to think that calling them crap is any better haha

Verts was another I called lazy at times.

Gigolo, bloody skilful but lazy git.

By all means call Ndombele lazy if you think that's the case. It's just there is a pattern of calling black players lazy, it's super evident. Ask any black football fan, we've all noticed it.

How much of that is true though and how much confirmation bias? Spurs fans think the media is against them. It's not. It's just being spurs fans they will notice more negative stories about the club than negative stories about other clubs.

You may have a valid point. There will be some (conciously/sub consciously) racist journalists out there.

Again back to my point conte turned lukaku into a machine. He was sharper, stronger and fitter than i'd ever seen him. He looked awesome. I hope he can do the same for our players. More kane than anyone but ndombele comes close because he has the ability to be great. Also we're paying him £200k a week.

This is actually a good point. Not saying that was what was happening here on this board cause that's not we're about, but I've never heard a white player described as lazy. Berbatov for instance was 'cultured' 'enigmatic' and a 'Rolls Royce'
Ndombele is not lazy. He just has a languid style about him that makes it look like he's not busting a gut.

FWIW I thought Lamela was lazy when we first got him.

I dont believe Tanguys style accounts for his performances sorry
That's fair enough, but even when he plays well he still has the languid style. That's just him, poor performance or a good one. How you judge him into is how often he gets on the ball, what does he try to do with it? Is he pressuring, making interceptions etc.

Think people are looking for something that is not there.

Plenty of white players get called Lazy

Quite often black players are called 'powerful, athletic' etc the inference that its all physique and not as much skill. Remember hearing caveman Keown commentating last season, and he checked himself after describing a black player as such. He then went off on one trying to describe his technical abilities to compensate. Cringeworthy.

I guess ultimately it is good we live in a time where people are more self-aware, and stereotypes are challanged.

That's fair enough, but even when he plays well he still has the languid style. That's just him, poor performance or a good one. How you judge him into is how often he gets on the ball, what does he try to do with it? Is he pressuring, making interceptions etc.

Yeh he does and I can accept thats his style however he can lets say lack effort at times when it comes to the collective team stuff which is not about being languid, Son was the same but has got better.

He is a fantastic footballer however everything aside he has been a 1 in 3 player so far and its his third season, Conte for me will be the last crack as he will make or break him in my opinion

Yeh he does and I can accept thats his style however he can lets say lack effort at times when it comes to the collective team stuff which is not about being languid, Son was the same but has got better.

He is a fantastic footballer however everything aside he has been a 1 in 3 player so far and its his third season, Conte for me will be the last crack as he will make or break him in my opinion

David Bentley, lazy fudger

I didn't say that. Bad performance and being lazy are two different things.

I think at times he has had both in my opinion. And look who knows what goes on behind closed doors but there have been long questionable periods where despite being fit he has not been fit enough to last games so there are question marks there that follow him

This is actually a good point. Not saying that was what was happening here on this board cause that's not we're about, but I've never heard a white player described as lazy. Berbatov for instance was 'cultured' 'enigmatic' and a 'Rolls Royce'

Eh? @SpurMeUp actually has it right - the stereotype most commonly used for black footballers is that they're physical machines, strong, powerful, fast, etc. Well, black athletes more broadly, really -

Laziness is a lot less race-specific. Loads of players, white, black, ethnically Arab, ethnically Turkish and so on, have been called lazy down the years. Berbatov. Ozil. Bendtner. Ben Arfa. Taarabt. Boateng. Best. Antonio Cassano. Lukas Podolski. Riquelme. Balotelli.

And Tanguy? A man who, three years into his Spurs career, having played for Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho and Nuno, having had Mourinho come down to his house to go jogging specifically with him... is *still* unfit more than he should be?

He definitely qualifies.

I think at times he has had both in my opinion. And look who knows what goes on behind closed doors but there have been long questionable periods where despite being fit he has not been fit enough to last games so there are question marks there that follow him
I don't disagree, but lack of fitness and being lazy are also two different things. Now he may lack fitness because he's lazy on the training ground, but that's something we wouldn't be privy to.

I don't disagree, but lack of fitness and being lazy are also two different things. Now he may lack fitness because he's lazy on the training ground, but that's something we wouldn't be privy to.

Well exactly as I say we dont know what goes on behind closed doors.

Anyway as I say its make or break time, not only for him TBH as Conte will want those that fight for the right to play, lets see

In his first season with us - 1985-86 - Chris Waddle got slaughtered for being 'lazy,' but over time fans came to recognise it was all about his languid running style.

By the summer of 1989-90 we were hugely disappointed when he was suddenly transferred to Monaco for a then record fee.

Back