• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I understand the point about weak opposition, but i watched the Liverpool highlights against Watford and Watford were absolutely awful, hasn't stopped salah being hailed as the best player in the world.
Let's cut the guy some slack for now, it would have been very easy for him, and the rest of the team to not show after the start they had.
Salah has done it in more than one game and against quality opposition

I understand the point about weak opposition, but i watched the Liverpool highlights against Watford and Watford were absolutely awful, hasn't stopped salah being hailed as the best player in the world.
Let's cut the guy some slack for now, it would have been very easy for him, and the rest of the team to not show after the start they had.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine had been any way decent, it'd have been interesting to see whether we'd have come back. But they were abysmal. Now, you could say that was down to how we played but in terms of organisation, shape and putting pressure on the ball, I haven't seen too many worse performances I can remember from a Premier League team. I rate Steve Bruce higher than most so don't want to jump on that bandwagon but they looked like a team that weren't playing for him. Probably not surprising given the disgraceful treatment he's getting.

Ndombele and the team can only beat what's in front of them and they did that yesterday and did it much better than the scoreline suggests. But it proves nothing. Bigger tests are to come and they will give us a better idea where we, and Ndombele, really are.

Not arguing with that, but doesn't make my point any less valid, he is getting praise in a game where the opposition were abject.
Comparing salah with Ndombele is crazy IMO on any level
One is a proven world class player
The other is a very talented player who to date has shown glimpses of that talent but not won a thing so far
I do agree we both played some woeful opposition this weekend

Comparing salah with Ndombele is crazy IMO on any level
One is a proven world class player
The other is a very talented player who to date has shown glimpses of that talent but not won a thing so far
I do agree we both played some woeful opposition this weekend

I'm not comparing the players, im comparing how they are viewed playing similar level opponents in one round of games.

It was nice to see that Ndombele actually covered more ground than any other Spurs player yesterday
Indeed that is a huge milestone for him.
Because of the way he walks and stands and yes body language he looks absolutely knackered after 2 minutes but that's just the way he is; some people can see past that and others think he is unfit.

Indeed that is a huge milestone for him.
Because of the way he walks and stands and yes body language he looks absolutely knackered after 2 minutes but that's just the way he is; some people can see past that and others think he is unfit.

We have a few body language experts on here, don't we? Perhaps they could shine some light on this enigma. :D

I think Ndombele has outrageous talents like Mo Salah, needs to produce it more often like playing full 90 minute games - he has shown crazy skill in some of his goals like that looping goal last season from a sharp angle with two defenders and goalie to beat... goal of the moth January v sheffield united!

I think Ndombele has outrageous talents like Mo Salah, needs to produce it more often like playing full 90 minute games - he has shown crazy skill in some of his goals like that looping goal last season from a sharp angle with two defenders and goalie to beat... goal of the moth January v sheffield united!

Was amazed that wasn’t in goal of the season. Way better than the parade of long shots.

If Saudi Sportswashing Machine had been any way decent, it'd have been interesting to see whether we'd have come back. But they were abysmal. Now, you could say that was down to how we played but in terms of organisation, shape and putting pressure on the ball, I haven't seen too many worse performances I can remember from a Premier League team. I rate Steve Bruce higher than most so don't want to jump on that bandwagon but they looked like a team that weren't playing for him. Probably not surprising given the disgraceful treatment he's getting.

Ndombele and the team can only beat what's in front of them and they did that yesterday and did it much better than the scoreline suggests. But it proves nothing. Bigger tests are to come and they will give us a better idea where we, and Ndombele, really are.

I think it was the third goal that was most encouraging. It didn't matter how tight their defence was, we played through them. Agree 'castle gave us way more space. But that was to some extent an outcome of our better movement and working the ball quickly. We just need a steady side so it can mesh and develop. The biggest positive for me from this win, was seeing a midfield unit coming into shape. Since Poch we've missed this. Skipp, Hojgjerg, Ndombele, Moura is quite a quartet. With Kane, Son, and the FBs joining in.

Ndombele is not a concern if fit. He just needs to do the simple things well, and his ability will take care of the rest. So long as he works hard and stays healthy.

I think it was the third goal that was most encouraging. It didn't matter how tight their defence was, we played through them. Agree 'castle gave us way more space. But that was to some extent an outcome of our better movement and working the ball quickly. We just need a steady side so it can mesh and develop. The biggest positive for me from this win, was seeing a midfield unit coming into shape. Since Poch we've missed this. Skipp, Hojgjerg, Ndombele, Moura is quite a quartet. With Kane, Son, and the FBs joining in.

Ndombele is not a concern if fit. He just needs to do the simple things well, and his ability will take care of the rest. So long as he works hard and stays healthy.

Yeah all fair points. But the “Ndombele is not a concern if fit” bit worries me. He’s been here for over two years now and we’ve always been trying to get him to full fitness. How many times has he played 90 mins? That’s not acceptable for a professional footballer. It’s less acceptable for a fella on 200k a week and beyond belief for our record signing.

He’s the most frustrating player we’ve had in my time supporting the club because his ceiling is so high and he so often flatters to deceive. I love watching him in the mood because he’s got that rare talent for a CM - he can take players on a la Gazza and Dembele. But he rarely looks like he’s in the mood.

I’d have dropped him v Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and played GLC. Fair play to Nuno because Tanguy proved to be the right choice v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But, for me, all it does is buy him time. If he doesn’t produce v West Ham, he should be benched. He needs a run of good games before he gets any more leeway.

He’s had two years. I know it’s tough for a young lad coming to a different culture but he’s had a hell of a lot of chances. He should be out of second chances at this stage.

Yeah all fair points. But the “Ndombele is not a concern if fit” bit worries me. He’s been here for over two years now and we’ve always been trying to get him to full fitness. How many times has he played 90 mins? That’s not acceptable for a professional footballer. It’s less acceptable for a fella on 200k a week and beyond belief for our record signing.

He’s the most frustrating player we’ve had in my time supporting the club because his ceiling is so high and he so often flatters to deceive. I love watching him in the mood because he’s got that rare talent for a CM - he can take players on a la Gazza and Dembele. But he rarely looks like he’s in the mood.

I’d have dropped him v Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine and played GLC. Fair play to Nuno because Tanguy proved to be the right choice v Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But, for me, all it does is buy him time. If he doesn’t produce v West Ham, he should be benched. He needs a run of good games before he gets any more leeway.

He’s had two years. I know it’s tough for a young lad coming to a different culture but he’s had a hell of a lot of chances. He should be out of second chances at this stage.

He's an enigma. The easy things are hard for him, and the hard things are easy. But he's always had the ability. He's always shown he can strike a ball too. Didn't he score on his first game? So I was pleased to see him played further forward. You can't look back, now it is about him getting into a rhythm. My concern is more around how often he is kicked. He needs to stay fit, keep his head down and do the simple things well. The rest will come.

Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine we could have played him and Lo Celso in front of skipp or Hojbjerg
That wouldn’t work vs crap teams now we know how to defend

Back