• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Re Ndombele and Lo Celso, replace one with the other when the first one tires. I’d written off Ndombele but was so impressed with him yesterday for the first 30 mins. We’d be mad not to use his ability for at least part of the game even knowing that he’s not going to last much beyond 45.
It’s how Jose played him last season
He had gio come on around 60 mins to replace him
And now we look more solid defensively (as in the defenders) it could work

Him and dele are street footballers to me
Players who get you standing up
Chelsea don’t really have any. Maybe ziyech and pulisic. They will win the league
Haivertz is also an incredibly skilful player.
There is also Hudson Odoi (though he has a fair few ahead of him for a first team spot at Chelsea).

Haivertz is also an incredibly skilful player.
There is also Hudson Odoi (though he has a fair few ahead of him for a first team spot at Chelsea).
Agree about Haiveryz although he hasn’t been actually showing his skills this season. What he has shown is his team work side and been very very good at it
Hudson odoi is garbage IMO and rated way way way too high for what he has shown

Mount has that skill. Plus is a goal scorer. He’s one of the better players in the league at his role. He will likely get double figures goals again this season.
Chelsea will win the league. They are hard to break down, work well as a team and have a rich squad full of options. Rich both financially and in ability.

Mount has that skill. Plus is a goal scorer. He’s one of the better players in the league at his role. He will likely get double figures goals again this season.
Chelsea will win the league. They are hard to break down, work well as a team and have a rich squad full of options. Rich both financially and in ability.
Easy to do it when you've played the last 15 years on cheat mode

Easy to do it when you've played the last 15 years on cheat mode

Definitely. Since Abramovich arrived at Chelsea they’ve had the biggest net transfer spend. It’s a shame that our owners don’t spend. I’m almost surprised that there are no takeover bids. We are a London club with arguably the best training facilities and stadium in the country. We have England’s best player, the French national captain (I assume that Lloris is still captain?), and a scattering of other players who are top six level.
I’m sure Levy and the Spurs owners would play hardball in such a situation, but still it surprises me that as far as we know, no outsiders have attempted a takeover bid.

Definitely. Since Abramovich arrived at Chelsea they’ve had the biggest net transfer spend. It’s a shame that our owners don’t spend. I’m almost surprised that there are no takeover bids. We are a London club with arguably the best training facilities and stadium in the country. We have England’s best player, the French national captain (I assume that Lloris is still captain?), and a scattering of other players who are top six level.
I’m sure Levy and the Spurs owners would play hardball in such a situation, but still it surprises me that as far as we know, no outsiders have attempted a takeover bid.
The problem as I see it is an investor would have to pay for the infrastructure, plus a premium as enic don’t want to sell. Then they’d have to put a few hundred million in which get us regular CL but that still wouldn’t guarantee a league title or CL. I’d imagine it would be more attractive to spend less in the club itself and chuck money at it.

if the revenue streams for other events become the motivator, enic would factor that into the price and it’s really key that revenue is directed back to the football club. Otherwise we have basically sacrificed the clubs transfer budget to finance another revenue stream

Him and dele are street footballers to me
Players who get you standing up
Chelsea don’t really have any. Maybe ziyech and pulisic. They will win the league
Chelsea have footballers, not circus acts.
If you want to be Hoddle or Maradona you have to earn it with actual output.
They both need to go whilst there are still decent buyers.

The problem as I see it is an investor would have to pay for the infrastructure, plus a premium as enic don’t want to sell. Then they’d have to put a few hundred million in which get us regular CL but that still wouldn’t guarantee a league title or CL. I’d imagine it would be more attractive to spend less in the club itself and chuck money at it.

if the revenue streams for other events become the motivator, enic would factor that into the price and it’s really key that revenue is directed back to the football club. Otherwise we have basically sacrificed the clubs transfer budget to finance another revenue stream
Enic are set up to sell
How else will they get any value out of the club?

Agree about Haiveryz although he hasn’t been actually showing his skills this season. What he has shown is his team work side and been very very good at it

Would still waltz into our team.... which goes to show

Enic are set up to sell
How else will they get any value out of the club?
Same as any investment fund... They sell when they feel the asset has reached its maximum value (or the funds required to improve the asset value could be put to better use elsewhere).

IMO there are three things that could further the value of THFC and ENIC could be holding out for any (or all) of those things:

1. An NFL franchise (unlikely to happen IMO).
2. An ESL type super league (still possible though we're moving further away from being invited if one were to occur).
3. The monetisation of streaming and social media (I still think there is potentially a huge untapped financial market here from the most popular football league competition in the World so think we'll be stuck bumbling along with ENIC until this revenue stream starts to deliver and the valuation of football clubs factors that and the potential future growth in).

Same as any investment fund... They sell when they feel the asset has reached its maximum value (or the funds required to improve the asset value could be put to better use elsewhere).

IMO there are three things that could further the value of THFC and ENIC could be holding out for any (or all) of those things:

1. An NFL franchise (unlikely to happen IMO).
2. An ESL type super league (still possible though we're moving further away from being invited if one were to occur).
3. The monetisation of streaming and social media (I still think there is potentially a huge untapped financial market here from the most popular football league competition in the World so think we'll be stuck bumbling along with ENIC until this revenue stream starts to deliver and the valuation of football clubs factors that and the potential future growth in).
The first one is a possibility
The latter two are things the club can’t control
They would all increase the value further but for what for ENIc… a more a valuable asset that they can’t cash in on due to its increased value
It’s counter productive almost
The club now is valued far higher than a buyer would want to pay with the debt burden
And other clubs offer much better value

They'll still manage to get someone to pay over £30million for him somehow

Chelsea have footballers, not circus acts.
If you want to be Hoddle or Maradona you have to earn it with actual output.
They both need to go whilst there are still decent buyers.

One of the last things Ndombele did before getting subbed against Chelsea was stick with Rudiger as he powered forward and get a tackle in.

No doubts he could do with better fitness/stamina. No doubts he's not as good defensively as Hojbjerg. But circus act? Hoddle/Maradona? That's unfair to me.

He started against Chelsea, perhaps the best team in the league. For 45 minutes we were the better team and it's not like we were carved open in his defensive area at all. We collapsed in the second half, unable to deal with them. We took him off for the more defensively solid Skipp with the much lauded Hojbjerg taking his role. Did we all of a sudden get significantly better defensively?

I don't think that collapse was down to him. A period of pressure like that was probably always coming as we hadn't been able to take the lead and had spent a lot of energy pressing. We probably needed to ride our luck a bit. They're really good.

I really hope Nuno sticks with him in the league now. It would be really rough to chuck him in for one of the toughest games of the season as his first league start and then leave him out again. It's the kind of thing that would make people (perhaps rightly) conspiratorial about Mourinho. Give a player a really difficult game just to show that he's right and the player "isn't up to it".

Just keep starting him as long as he's working hard. Good things will happen.

Back