• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Simeone and Ndombele look about as perfect a match as Pep and Zlatan. Though Pep did sign Zlatan, so who knows.

Can't begin to imagine a world where that happens and we sign Saul at the same time.

It's up to him and Nuno to find a solution if he stays.

If someone pays up, fair enough, can understand the club accepting a suitable bid at this point of he's set on moving on. But I still hope he stays.
I'd love him to stay and fulfil his promise and be a part of a Celso PEH Ndombele 3 CMs....all feels like a distant dream now.

We have had this problem with him with 3 managers now. 2 of which seem lovely fellas.

When you're trying to get everyone on board and pull in the same direction, it can be annoying/distracting if trying to get one person to engage is like pushing water up a hill

Frustrating thing is, a motivated fit Ndombele has the skill set we need. The Dembele replacement we hanker after. Although he can shimmy like Dembele and make passes Dembele could only dream of, it's a party piece - a once in a month wow - and the rest of the time he's not fit or committed. That is impossible to work with. Sad, frustrating but reality.

If he does play, it seems like he would need to be one of the front 3, as he doesn't have the discipline or fitness to play as one of the midfield 3.

Not disputing his quality but do we need to be chasing another defensive minded CM?

Our next midfield signing needs to be a ball player imo. Maybe he does that too and I’ve missed it.

Even if that was the case, we do

Can’t rely on skip/Hojberg to play every game without rotation

I agree we need a ball playing one as well

I'd love him to stay and fulfil his promise and be a part of a Celso PEH Ndombele 3 CMs....all feels like a distant dream now.

We have had this problem with him with 3 managers now. 2 of which seem lovely fellas.

When you're trying to get everyone on board and pull in the same direction, it can be annoying/distracting if trying to get one person to engage is like pushing water up a hill
I get the point, but I think it's somewhat overstated by lacking some of the details of what's been going on. Mason was only here a short time, Pochettino only had him in a few chaotic months.

He actually started 28 PL games last season (most or all under Mourinho). That's after Mourinho voiced public criticism and reportedly were happy to see him gone last summer.

In the interest of details on the other side of the argument he was often subbed due to a lack of fitness or whatever. But 28 times Mourinho started him in the PL. Said it before, but Mourinho is not one who takes easily to midfielders lacking in attitude.

For a while there he was one of our very few real sparks of quality and creativity, while putting in enough hard work to keep himself in the starting lineup.

If a move doesn't happen and he's willing to do the work I think that can happen again. Circumstances have changed, if we stick with the narrow 4-3-3 there would be more defensive responsibility on his shoulders, an even higher demand of fitness I would think. He'd need to find a lot of hard work and commitment. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes, hopefully he sees that he needs that fitness work and it's doing that for himself regardless of where his future lies.

I can understand people being fed up and wanting us to cut our losses. I can understand the club accepting his wish to move if (and only if) a significant offer (or loan, obligation to buy significant offer) comes in. Because there is uncertainty and there are rightly questions being asked.

That offer has to be big enough though, not just because we paid a lot for him, but also because the potential upside if he fulfils his potential is absolutely massive.

As long as he's here I'll keep hoping for that potential to be fulfilled. Not to hold on to a distant dream, but because I think there are reasons to be hopeful.

Back