• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Deeper. When the the play is in front of him he probes with his passing trying to move us forward. He sees gaps and he's got the execution. Back to play he's very safe recieving the ball from the back line. It makes sense to take advantage of this ability. If we want to be a quick counter transition side then Ndombele is perfect for that.

Now if we have a concern about workrate, then play GLC as well in a fluid 3. GLC's workrate, if you recall the latter end of last season is more than good enough. He can play a very disciplined role. It's being forgotten that he was our best player for a good spell of it.

I think you can have them, with Hojberg play fairly fluidly, each taking a role in the defensive phase, it can work!
I think part of our problem when we have played the holy trinity is that we have ended up with GLC playing wide right for some reason
Playing Hojdjberg and Ndombele as the pivot behind GLC to me looks perfect.

I prefer him to be playing in the attacking areas. I want him to be where he can hurt the opposition with his direct running, passing, and hopefully a continuation of his recent goal scoring form.

I think part of our problem when we have played the holy trinity is that we have ended up with GLC playing wide right for some reason
Playing Hojdjberg and Ndombele as the pivot behind GLC to me looks perfect.

Personally I'd prefer GLC alongside Hojbjerg and then Ndombele in the no 10 role, but Tanguy can play both positions, and perhaps he and GLC could rotate during games.

Jose mentions it, Ndombele has the ability to break the opposition line (something Dembele used to do)

You struggle to press him, he relishes people around him, he can pass decisively or lose his man, defenders have to close him as he is a goal threat. The guy is a fudging nightmare, apparently (BT last night), Rio was speaking to Hart at breaks in game, and Hart told him Ndombele is unplayable ..

Deep or forward doesn't matter, he breaks the line and that's what makes him special.

Personally I'd prefer GLC alongside Hojbjerg and then Ndombele in the no 10 role, but Tanguy can play both positions, and perhaps he and GLC could rotate during games.
The reason I like him deeper is he can progress more with the ball for us
I don’t disagree he effect further forward isn’t good but we have players who can play there and compliment the team too. Tanguy needs the ball as much as possible
When playing teams that we can pit under pressure you just flip the triangle (like we did vs Sheffield) and against teams where we are under pressure his ability on the ball helps us more deeper
That’s all a bit garbled but hopefully makes some sense

I think the fact that he can play a little deeper when needed vs playing further up top is a testament to how far he has come. We could use him in either scenarios depending on the opposition and players available.

Imagine if we had sold him in the summer as some had called for and watching him boss it in spain. I would puke.

He definitely can play deeper and was very good there against Sheff Utd, but I dont think we've seen him to his full effect in the no 10 role yet. If you put GLC in CM then Ndombele will receive the baller quicker and in better positions generally than he has so far

He is on a totally different level to many of our players. He see’s a pass and the attacker has not even thought about receiving the ball at that point.
Hopefully their understanding will keep growing as Ndombele continues to settle into the team.

Fantastic player. Thought when he came on that Wycombe were screwed, but didn't expect to be right to that extent.

As its stands at the moment i can not say for sure if he is best playing deep of forward, he has ability that can do well in both. Which ever way we look at it we seem to have a star on our hands for sure.

Jose mentions it, Ndombele has the ability to break the opposition line (something Dembele used to do)

You struggle to press him, he relishes people around him, he can pass decisively or lose his man, defenders have to close him as he is a goal threat. The guy is a fudging nightmare, apparently (BT last night), Rio was speaking to Hart at breaks in game, and Hart told him Ndombele is unplayable ..

Deep or forward doesn't matter, he breaks the line and that's what makes him special.
You'd have to be a bit deeper to break the line, no? Which is where I think he is best suited, probably just a tad ahead of Holdburrrg. The one thing we are missing is that killer forward pass to release the front three. Ndom has only one direction: forward. Everyone else dilly-dallies and passes back or sideways more often than not. So to have someone that will take the ball at or slightly behind the halfway line and push forward will create a lot of opportunities and catch the opposition out of shape. And Ndom can do that better than anyone else that I have seen, plus make that killer pass to boot.

Got to love this guy. I am still waiting to see him in a midfield with Gio and PE which seems on paper like it could be amazing? Im not sure Jose feels that way though. he has had the chance to play that trio and not done it. But I feel with Bergwijn doing a lot of defensive work that we are already sacrificing one of our forwards. So leaving out Sissoko to play Gio seems like a nice balance. I would like to see it once and see if it can work for sure.

N'dombele though is a pure delight to watch and as his fitness is getting sharper you can see he has way more effect on the game. He is becoming the first name on the team sheet after Kane and Son. And glad to see him finishing out a game as well. A more dominant CB behind PE and I feel we could go with Gio in there as well. Really want to see that trio together.

I think the fact that he can play a little deeper when needed vs playing further up top is a testament to how far he has come. We could use him in either scenarios depending on the opposition and players available.

Imagine if we had sold him in the summer as some had called for and watching him boss it in spain. I would puke.

Glad Levy didn't entertain selling him

Back