• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He’s everything I hoped for and more when we signed him.
Let’s enjoy him before Madrid knock on the door in a few seasons.

As high as that?
Going away from goal and not looking, with two defenders around and the keeper in position?

no idea how it's calculated, but imagine the fact that he was say 15 yards from goal must play into the factor (despite the angles and finish), distance must also be part of the category.

Put it another way, there was a 94% chance he couldn't score from there. Still insane in my view.

Spectacular goal. fudging hell. The vision, the composure, the execution...

Great to see him slotting in well deeper in midfield too, even though it was against Sheffield United and with 3 central defenders behind him. Thought his decision making looked good, mostly the easy passes that are required in the role, but then real quality when the opportunity to be more creative presented itself. Lasted the full game too.

If he can stay fit now the second half of the season could be even more impressive from him than it has been so far, and he's been all kinds of impressive so far.

no idea how it's calculated, but imagine the fact that he was say 15 yards from goal must play into the factor (despite the angles and finish), distance must also be part of the category.

Put it another way, there was a 94% chance he couldn't score from there. Still insane in my view.
Oh it is.

Initially I nodded when reading your post until, on thinking again, I wondered if someone was in that position and took 100 attempts, would six really be scored.

He’s everything I hoped for and more when we signed him.
Let’s enjoy him before Madrid knock on the door in a few seasons.

I think we have sold one player in the last 6 or so years that we didn't want to (Walker)

Ndombele is a unique talent but seems a shy guy, judging from his experience here, a big club when we bought him would probably have been a disaster. It's taken some work by the club (and a decision to not give up) plus an acknowledgement that Sissoko has helped, to get him to this platform.

Oh it is.

Initially I nodded when reading your post until, on thinking again, I wondered if someone was in that position and took 100 attempts, would six really be scored.

Very fair point, no idea, but the fact that it hit the base of the post, i do think many would have shanked it wide or middle of goal, very few would have landed in the spot they did.

... easily a contender for goal of the month.
It will be one of the goals of the season; any centre back can smash one in from 25 yards at full blast, but it is VERY rare to see a strike of that quality with the outside of the wrong foot heading away from goal with only a postage stamp to hit. Unbelievable skill.

The way he let the ball fall on his left side and squeezed his arms in to ensure he didn't touch the ball with his arms, then pivoted and lifted the ball over and across into the far post, that is sheer brilliance.

And he did the assist to the assist.

It will be one of the goals of the season; any centre back can smash one in from 25 yards at full blast, but it is VERY rare to see a strike of that quality with the outside of the wrong foot heading away from goal with only a postage stamp to hit. Unbelievable skill.

The way he let the ball fall on his left side and squeezed his arms in to ensure he didn't touch the ball with his arms, then pivoted and lifted the ball over and across into the far post, that is sheer brilliance.

And he did the assist to the assist.
Should be really. The only thing that counts against it is that to me it doesn't look particularly elegant, he's falling on his backside as he's doing it. No other way of doing it of course, but it doesn't look quite as elegant to me as some other top goals.

It's a ridiculous piece of skill though, on sheer quality, including the lobbed ball in behind and then that immense finish it's absolutely spectacular.

A big change then from the summer. It's funny reading back on the comments about him from the last transfer window and how impatient I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you are with new players and especially foreign players who have to settle.

I think some of the vitriol sent his way was beyond anything i have seen for a player before - pretty hefty servings of humble pie are in order

Last edited:
TBF fans are realising now how good this guy is
A big change then from the summer. It's funny reading back on the comments about him from the last transfer window and how impatient I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you are with new players and especially foreign players who have to settle.
I think some of the vitriol sent his way was beyind anything i have seen for a player before - pretty hefty servings of humble pie are in order
I don't know how they didn't realise after his debut in the Aston Villa match. I've said numerous times there been some revisioning to suggest he started poorly. He actually started very positively under Poch and was arguably our best player for the first 3 matches of last season (albeit the team itself in terrible form). Then he got his injury and never seemed to get back on form and fit and then the manager changed.

But he started well, and not being able to see his obvious quality is baffling. Then some of those same fans seem big fans of the guys who clearly lack in so many areas.

I find it all quite confusing. [emoji28]

Last edited:
I thought his class was there to see from the start, the only issue was getting properly fit and getting settled.
The fitness can be worked on, the problem is when it's the other way around, when they have fitness but not the class, that's much harder to fix.

He was being spoken about as the type of talent that'd go straight to a top tier club from France and it was a real coup that managed to get in there and sign him - the level he's playing at now is nowhere near the ceiling he was deemed as having at that point either - potential to be a genuine world class talent.

Back