• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Did you see him run back in the last 10 minutes, take a defensive position in our box and make a clearing header?

hahaha, full 90 minute shift and fudging busting a gut to do cover work ...
Yeah
Now he hasn’t ever done that for us in one half

No question though, the Ndombele +Lo Celso is the way, PEH settled in and a better CB pairing ...

My observation in 2nd half he sat deeper (Modric style passing from deep?) than Lo Celso, but they did swap

Shows how crucial he was to that first goal against Soton - essentially broke the entire Soton press with one pivot, taking four players out of the game and then bypassing the fifth with a sweetly struck pass. Hasenhuttl shouted 'Impossible!' after that, and I think he was referring to the futility of pressing Ndombele in situations like that.

I'm still hesitant to say he's turned a new leaf - I didn't like how passive he was in the Soton game outside of that moment, and while he put in a much more full-blooded performance against Shkendija, he'll have to do that against better sides before I change my mind.

But, I will concede that said moment against Southampton is a glimpse of what he *could* be - which his fans have been saying all along. The key to breaking the press, and reshaping the modern tactical game in some small ways - how do you press the unpressable?

Shows how crucial he was to that first goal against Soton - essentially broke the entire Soton press with one pivot, taking four players out of the game and then bypassing the fifth with a sweetly struck pass. Hasenhuttl shouted 'Impossible!' after that, and I think he was referring to the futility of pressing Ndombele in situations like that.

I'm still hesitant to say he's turned a new leaf - I didn't like how passive he was in the Soton game outside of that moment, and while he put in a much more full-blooded performance against Shkendija, he'll have to do that against better sides before I change my mind.

But, I will concede that said moment against Southampton is a glimpse of what he *could* be - which his fans have been saying all along. The key to breaking the press, and reshaping the modern tactical game in some small ways - how do you press the unpressable?

I am confident you will.
I think he is a mercurial talent and a shy lad who has needed time and an arm around the shoulder. I believe he will be special for us. I give Mourinho credit for working with him...

Without that moment from Tanguy we probably would have gone in a goal down at half time and the dynamic and feeling would have been totally different. Just think about how deflated Southampton must have felt by somehow being at evens Stevens despite all the good work they had put in. It literally was the game changing moment.

Delighted. He has things in his locker none of our other players have...

Agreed. Glimpses (at last!) of his talent. Poch said he wouldn't really be ready for 2-3.years. Hopefully he will be fully up to speed before that timescale.Reminiscent of Dembele at times. Now needs to show some consistency.

I agree that he still obviously has some way to go, and like all players he has to show consistency both in quality and effort.

I couldn't realistically have asked for much more than he's shown so far this season though. If he will complete the transformation is yet to be seen, but the start is most definitely there.

He wasn't standing still tonight.

He had a good game last night, still find him exasparating, one minute he's running and chasing back the next he has a 5 minute spell of passing between him and lo Celso in a 5 yard area going nowhere. He undoubtably has the skills just wonder sometimes whether he is unfit or just can't be bothered.

Let’s not get too carried away here. He has got some hard yards ahead.
He is very very talented but needs to play a little further forward than last night imo.

Only caught the second half last night but he was our best player. Such an intelligent player in terms of how he always seems to see a forward pass. There was 3-4 examples I saw of it last night, the best one when he slipped Aurier (I think) in.

He also worked hard. A great defensive header at the end was the highlight of that part of his game.

This fella excites me like no other because I don't think there is another player like him. He's like Dembele in that he can break the press or just hold onto the ball if we need a breather and he's a better passer. That's not saying he's a better player than Dembele by any stretch. Long way to go to prove that but last night was encouraging.

I think someone called it a few pages back but he's only had like 2/3 seasons of professional football before he came to us so I'd guess less than 100 games in total which really isn't much at all coupled with learning a new language, team, moving country and COVID disruption etc. It can't be easy - with more experience he'll learn not only how to influence a match but how to act off it as well.

The man certainly has talent - promising signs so far and nice to see our official social media hail him out as well.

Only caught the second half last night but he was our best player. Such an intelligent player in terms of how he always seems to see a forward pass. There was 3-4 examples I saw of it last night, the best one when he slipped Aurier (I think) in.

He also worked hard. A great defensive header at the end was the highlight of that part of his game.

This fella excites me like no other because I don't think there is another player like him. He's like Dembele in that he can break the press or just hold onto the ball if we need a breather and he's a better passer. That's not saying he's a better player than Dembele by any stretch. Long way to go to prove that but last night was encouraging.

That's the thing, his ability to roll players, the drunken master dribbling style and the hard decisive passing .. hard to counter

I think Gio is a great midfielder as well, but probably a bit more conventional.

Back