• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I think another season is a good idea. Mainly because the hype when we bought him we real. He has just not turned up yet. Historically have we seen examples of lazy players changing?

* tinkle poor spelling by these meme creators
Skeptic is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and sceptic is preferred in the main varieties of English from outside North America. This extends to all derivatives, including sceptical/skeptical and scepticism/skepticism

Skeptic is the preferred spelling in American and Canadian English, and sceptic is preferred in the main varieties of English from outside North America. This extends to all derivatives, including sceptical/skeptical and scepticism/skepticism
Thank you. I was genuinely not aware of that fact.

However, in situations like this, it’s always best to defer to the actual proper English being correct.

I agree but it's gone on too long. So I'm not confident.
He's only been here a season. How many players have had a poor first season and gone on to be a success?
There is a great player in there, so hopefully, he knuckles down and puts in the effort. If he does it makes a huge
difference to our midfield. It's worth giving him another season.

He's only been here a season. How many players have had a poor first season and gone on to be a success?
There is a great player in there, so hopefully, he knuckles down and puts in the effort. If he does it makes a huge
difference to our midfield. It's worth giving him another season.
They say hope springs eternal.

But I fear he's on his bike IF a reasonable bid comes in. Sad.

I think another season is a good idea. Mainly because the hype when we bought him we real. He has just not turned up yet. Historically have we seen examples of lazy players changing?

Not necessarily changing but Berbatov tinkled me off no end when he first came. I remember a Sunday game at Reading that we lost 3-1 and he put in the laziest display I've ever seen from any footballer. At that point, I wouldn't have cared if he never kicked a ball for us again.

He turned out to be one of the classiest players ever to wear our shirt. Would love Ndombele to turn it around because he is supremely talented.

Not necessarily changing but Berbatov tinkled me off no end when he first came. I remember a Sunday game at Reading that we lost 3-1 and he put in the laziest display I've ever seen from any footballer. At that point, I wouldn't have cared if he never kicked a ball for us again.

He turned out to be one of the classiest players ever to wear our shirt. Would love Ndombele to turn it around because he is supremely talented.

I would rather remember him scoring four in our 6-4 win, great player who had a brilliant touch but could look lazy at times, but that was the way he played.

Neither am I. My expectations are low, but he's still just 23 and stranger things have happened.

I keep drooling over the potential prospect of N'dombele with the work rate of Sissoko.
I always thought Sissy was a bit lazy at Saudi Sportswashing Machine actually. That was just my perception at the time though and not based on watching him a whole lot. He's far from lazy now.

Right, but Berba was still a lazy so-and-so - he just got away with it because he was talented, although I can't imagine the example that set in the dressing room.

In terms of lazy footballers who turned it around and became hard workers, Lamela was one - had a reputation as a languid dribbler, but became a snarling brickhouse once in a Spurs shirt. Sissoko was another - Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans thought he was a waster who never tried, while here, he's tried his heart out, even if he's rarely been any good. Then there's Wanyama - Soton fans thought he was lazy and uncommitted, but he turned out to be nightmariahly good for us, all action and a pressing machine for a year.

However, all of them were just lazy. None of them were lazy, overweight, useless c*nts with a constantly harping entourage trying to get then to leave, and none were on 200k a week.

Tubby here has a great deal of work to do to turn his reputation around - put down the cupcakes and get to work, son. Or ship out.

I want him to work out, he is a very talented played and posseses the playstyle we desperately need. If he were to leave we would need to find another creative CM of similar quality and there just aren't many of them about.
Unlikely. Not sure he even knows what a gym looks like.

Hah! I remember that so well. Whenever Berbatov comes up, I have to mention that game. He was just sublime, the perfect lone striker, in that game, despite not scoring!
He put in a similarly virtuoso performance against City away in the League Cup. I think we won 2-0.

Hah! I remember that so well. Whenever Berbatov comes up, I have to mention that game. He was just sublime, the perfect lone striker, in that game, despite not scoring!

Yeah, Bolton were no mugs back then. They were above us in the table with a decent defence but they had no idea how to cope with Berbatov that day. If Keane hadn't been sent off, and Dimitar had still played to that level, we could have scored eight.

Yeah, Bolton were no mugs back then. They were above us in the table with a decent defence but they had no idea how to cope with Berbatov that day. If Keane hadn't been sent off, and Dimitar had still played to that level, we could have scored eight.
I doubt he would have played to that level, if Keane was there to run around like a terrier!

I think Berba's attitude was "why should I make a 20 yard run, turn, dash the other way, spin and come back to the ball? Just give me the ball, I will draw the defender in, make him look a fool and then do what I want"

Back