• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taking us where we want to go.

None of them are 'terrible' players. Young has perhaps been the best attacking full back in the league this season. I thought he was more deserving of a place in the PL team of the season than Chelsea's Alonso

Yet I thought Davies has been better than both and the stats say that I believe

It’s opinions as always with players

What I can say is young was guilty in both games va them at Wembley for being caught out on goals, as was Smalling and Jones

But I agree their not mediocre players either

Well I was a labourer so I could teach him a thing or two about a hard days work.

But in all seriousness, yes he has good tactics but much like Mourinho he has not had to really work at his craft as he has had such an easy ride. I am sure the are just as good coaches in youth football I know a young english black coach called DJ at Brighton who can talk to you for hours about tactics and when talking to him he has picked up on stuff going on in games I did not even notice.

He will not get a top job because he does not have the fame.

Even read a match report the other day that was going on about how cool they thought Guardiola was wearing his skinny trousers and sexy jumper(the article was written by a sports reporter for the indy) Now I had no problem with a gay chap writing about sports but to much about Pep is how he looks and all that rubbish.

Also Pep was sounding off earlier in the season about how he had not spent enough money and his squad was so thin, despite having a lot of young players who had played so well for England in the summer youth football. Thought the guy was some super coach.

He is like Mourinho can only do it with money.

You want a good coach, look at Hodgson. Took over at Palace when they had lost the first 7 games, they should not even be in with a chance of staying up, but they have a very good chance. He has managed all over Europe and not just gone where the money is. Yes the England job did not go well but that job like being the leader of the tory party will destroy your soul and you wont ever achieve anything good, taken a lot of good coaches apart.
I cant be bothered to go in depth on the subject but Guardiola is one of the most meticulous and intense coaches out there, he definitely puts in the hours of graft. Yes we are all aware there are other coaches out there who don’t get the opportunities they should but that’s got nothing to do with Guardiola. You also can’t say he can’t do it with money, you haven’t seen him at a club that has severe financial restraints so you have no idea whether he could or couldn’t replicate what he has done elsewhere. He’s chosen the path of hand picking the top clubs, I don’t see any coaches other than the best being able to do that and his track record speaks for itself....

I cant be bothered to go in depth on the subject but Guardiola is one of the most meticulous and intense coaches out there, he definitely puts in the hours of graft. Yes we are all aware there are other coaches out there who don’t get the opportunities they should but that’s got nothing to do with Guardiola. You also can’t say he can’t do it with money, you haven’t seen him at a club that has severe financial restraints so you have no idea whether he could or couldn’t replicate what he has done elsewhere. He’s chosen the path of hand picking the top clubs, I don’t see any coaches other than the best being able to do that and his track record speaks for itself....

The fact that he only goes to the club that is the richest in the league shows he cant do it without money or he is lazy.

So this is the weird expectations thread.

We are not challenging for the title until Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan goes and neither is anyone else in the league.

I'm not sure where it is people expect us to go?

Corrected it for you.

It's not Pep winning the league it's the fact he can buy any player he wants when he wants that is winning it. Money talks.

Does help if your given the one of the elite to manage as your first club.

My issue with pep isn’t his ability as he has succeeded everywhere he has gone, it’s in the fawning that he has made teams that much better when he hasn’t. Barca were winning plenty before he took over and still are, same with Bayern and so were City. They were all either the biggest side or the richest side by some margin

At Barca he won 3 La Liga in 4 years, massively impressive. But the have won 3 (soon to be 4) since and are arguably better now than ever..But that’s always debateable. He did win 2 champions leagues and the have only won one since so that’s a big one

At Bayern he won the ekagueleague every year and they have continued to do that since and were doing so before but he didn’t win the CL

At city he failed massively in his first year despite spending huge soles of money. This year he spent even more but also got the players fitter to play his game. That’s something he has it take credit for as that’s taken them to the next level. Has any player got better technically though ? I’m not sure yet. Sterling still can’t hit a barn door. Sane has carried on with his upwards curve as you would expect from a young talent . He defenders havent improved but are seeing less attacks against them. De Bruyne is showing his game at its highest level but agin is that because the players around him are more attcking now and more risk taking

I’d love to see him and Jose have a go with a Southampton or a Leicester and see what they really can do. Taking a team from 17th to 7th is easy with some investment and or luck . Going from 4th to 1st is massively difficult unless you can keep on reinventing the solution by throwing money at it....and we dont have that kind of money to gamble

Jose would be great at that level, he'd get a 0-0 in all 38 games.

Pep has a blindspot for pragmatism, thats why he lost to the dippers in the CL, and why he didn't win it with Bayern.

My issue with pep isn’t his ability as he has succeeded everywhere he has gone, it’s in the fawning that he has made teams that much better when he hasn’t. Barca were winning plenty before he took over and still are, same with Bayern and so were City. They were all either the biggest side or the richest side by some margin

At Barca he won 3 La Liga in 4 years, massively impressive. But the have won 3 (soon to be 4) since and are arguably better now than ever..But that’s always debateable. He did win 2 champions leagues and the have only won one since so that’s a big one

At Bayern he won the ekagueleague every year and they have continued to do that since and were doing so before but he didn’t win the CL

At city he failed massively in his first year despite spending huge soles of money. This year he spent even more but also got the players fitter to play his game. That’s something he has it take credit for as that’s taken them to the next level. Has any player got better technically though ? I’m not sure yet. Sterling still can’t hit a barn door. Sane has carried on with his upwards curve as you would expect from a young talent . He defenders havent improved but are seeing less attacks against them. De Bruyne is showing his game at its highest level but agin is that because the players around him are more attcking now and more risk taking

I’d love to see him and Jose have a go with a Southampton or a Leicester and see what they really can do. Taking a team from 17th to 7th is easy with some investment and or luck . Going from 4th to 1st is massively difficult unless you can keep on reinventing the solution by throwing money at it....and we dont have that kind of money to gamble
Im talking about the brand of football he produces whilst winning things, there isnt anyone that comes close to playing the total football he does whilst sweeping domestic honours and hes done it in three countries now. It also takes more than just being a good coach to be successful, there are a lot of well renowned and respected coaches who havent cut it as the boss because its not easy handling egos and at the clubs he's been at with egos everywhere its even more difficult.

I dont see how you can question whether any of their players have got any better technically with the football they play?! There are SO many interviews with players explaining how Pep has improved them and its quite evident on the pitch. Not sure why you highlight Sterling, he has quite clearly improved and as for saying he cant hit a barn door, Ill take a few players who cant hit a barn door and score over twenty goals in a season....

Pep to Sunderland
Mourinho to H̶a̶r̶t̶l̶e̶p̶o̶o̶l̶ Burton then.

I cant be bothered to go in depth on the subject but Guardiola is one of the most meticulous and intense coaches out there, he definitely puts in the hours of graft.

Learning how to say "just go and run around a bit" in 30 different languages?

Back