• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taking us where we want to go.

Dele needs to drop the silly handshakes and petulance. He's as much a man at 22 as he will ever be. Before you know it it will be unfulfilled promise.

Even oldtimer Mertesacker did a daft handshake yesterday, you sound like me ;). He is already fulfilling his promise we are just used to it.

My big concern is Harry......and yes, it is slightly irrational. But he is more than the some of his parts he leaves me wondering if that was it?
He has been out of this world almost unreal...

Was watching the lad Ryan Woods at Brentford very much a fit winksy type....
Christ knows how you replace Dembele?

Id base a team going forwards on last seasons XI with quick powerful wing backs and Alli/Erilsen behind Kane - Son has a place in that as a squad/rotational player 400% as does Lamela and Moura. Id then bring in another player similar to Son who can cover the CF position as a false 9, direct CF cover seems a waste of time.

We'd need Alderweireld Rose and Walker replacements and someone like Modric in the middle to add a bit more variety/quality.

Go balls out for Rashford we have bait.
Like Modric.....:rolleyes: How about Modric he is 32 and dont "like" Levy:cool: Depends how they treat him a Real....but even their not that stu.p......

Even oldtimer Mertesacker did a daft handshake yesterday, you sound like me ;). He is already fulfilling his promise we are just used to it.

My big concern is Harry......and yes, it is slightly irrational. But he is more than the some of his parts he leaves me wondering if that was it?
He has been out of this world almost unreal...

Was watching the lad Ryan Woods at Brentford very much a fit winksy type....
Christ knows how you replace Dembele?

Re mertersacker, look where they are as a club, not where we want to be. Dele ain't that
young anymore.

Harry will be fine, no worries about him.
Dembele is unique, we can't replace him, we need to move on from him and find another way.

I had to stop reading the thread when I saw Son’s name on the “out” list. fudge sake, unless we are buying the 20 best players in the world, he’s in the squad no problem.

He’d walk into any squad in the PL.

Jesus fudging wept.

That's my list, controversial I know but I think taking everything into account he is the most despensible.
Not doubting him talent or application but if we want to freshen up our forward line and not block space for youth then IMHO he is the one to move on and replace.
Not saying it would be easy, especially considering our budget, but do able.

I put this in another thread, belongs here

I think we will need to make the following changes in the Summer

Right backs - Trippier shouldn't be first choice, Aurier should be sold - We need to buy an attacking right back similar to walker
Left Backs - Rose will either be sold or even better if he can stay injury free and get his form back. Davies a good understudy but we need better if rose goes

centre backs - we really need to keep toby, why waste resources on finding someone when we have one of the best already.

Centre Mid - I feel we need better quality than Dier, a great squad player but I think he just lacks something.
Dembele is great but is he actually fit? we need a special player in there. Someone like Modric

front 3- think we lack that bit extra, would love Zaha but I have a feeling we were hoping Moura could do a similar job, time will tell

Strikers - def need someone better than Llorente, someone with pace and is different to Kane

Out:
Llorente
Sissoko
Aurier

None of these players offer anything.

Re mertersacker, look where they are as a club, not where we want to be. Dele ain't that
young anymore.

Harry will be fine, no worries about him.
Dembele is unique, we can't replace him, we need to move on from him and find another way.

22 is still young - I was all over the place at his age...

Harry .......fingers crossed

Dembele - spot on. Can't think of a replacement as you've said.

I've got Mata and Rashford as an ins.

And a strange liking still for what Walcott could do under a different manager 28y.o? is he better than Lucas and Son though......many questions few answers.

Right backs - Trippier shouldn't be first choice, Aurier should be sold - We need to buy an attacking right back similar to walker
Left Backs - Rose will either be sold or even better if he can stay injury free and get his form back. Davies a good understudy but we need better if rose goes

centre backs - we really need to keep toby, why waste resources on finding someone when we have one of the best already.

Centre Mid - I feel we need better quality than Dier, a great squad player but I think he just lacks something.
Dembele is great but is he actually fit? we need a special player in there. Someone like Modric

front 3- think we lack that bit extra, would love Zaha but I have a feeling we were hoping Moura could do a similar job, time will tell

Strikers - def need someone better than Llorente, someone with pace and is different to Kane

Out:
Llorente
Sissoko
Aurier

You could be right on aurier but it is to early to be sure.
Dier needs to step up a bit and I think he can.
I like trippier but he shouldn't be automatic first choice, some serious competition would help.
Zaha for son.
Not keen on bringing back players who left us, sends out a bad message to the rest of the squad.

22 is still young - I was all over the place at his age...

Harry .......fingers crossed

Dembele - spot on. Can't think of a replacement as you've said.

I've got Mata and Rashford as an ins.

And a strange liking still for what Walcott could do under a different manager 28y.o? is he better than Lucas and Son though......many questions few answers.

22 is young, but not as young as he is acting. It's a short career as a top football player if isn't careful his best years will be behind him and all he will have is some nice videos on Facebook.
Next season will not be easy, new stadium, just off a world cup, nothing guaranteed. Then he's 23, that' what 4 years at a top club nothing to show for it.
Season after, settled in to new a stadium, need to win something, playing for his place at the euros, blah blah blah..... Before you know it he's 28 and gone nowhere.
I truly believe he is one if not they most gifted English players out there, but he needs to mature, and soon.

Are you talking about Alli? Think you're being OTT there i think his mindset is petfectly fine, if anything id say he's one of our more driven players...

He also comes across very mature in interviews, imo.

Re the handshakes mentioned above, isn't that a Son thing rather a Dele thing? i.e. Son has a different handshake for every player? It might be a bit childish and contrived, but, hey, team spirit and all that...

Are you talking about Alli? Think you're being OTT there i think his mindset is petfectly fine, if anything id say he's one of our more driven players...

I just think now is the time for him to come into his own, put aside the disappointment of the past and see what he can achieve.
It's not a criticism, it's a process we all have to go through, the transition for boyhood to adult. I think his time has come.

Remember the topic, if we had the money and we were to make a serious title challenge with it. Who would we keep from the present squad and who would we let go? Stop! Hammer time, it's all good.

You could be right on aurier but it is to early to be sure.
Dier needs to step up a bit and I think he can.
I like trippier but he shouldn't be automatic first choice, some serious competition would help.
Zaha for son.
Not keen on bringing back players who left us, sends out a bad message to the rest of the squad.

Dier just doesn't offer enough quality, a good useful player to have as he can play in a number of positions. If we want to get to a higher level we need better.

Regarding my other point, I meant a Modric type player, someone who can dictate the play. Wouldn't mind him back tho, cant see how that's a bad message to give out. Bringing a quality player in.

Llorente, Jansen, N'Koudou will likely depart. Not sure how much we could get for them. 20mil?

I like us to go for youth-with-potential again with players like Sessegnon and Brereton, and also transition players like Onomah and KWP more into the match day squad.

We should use our money to improve contracts to the existing players, including Toby and Rose if a deal could be worked out.

Maybe a statement signing to herald a new dawn in a new stadium. Not sure who that could be. I like Pulisic and with the whole US connection it would a PR masterstroke but maybe he is not 'big' enough yet.

Out:
Llorente
Sissoko
Aurier

This is almost exactly my opinion of the squad except I also that I feel Lloris is regressing. At a minimum we need genuine competition for his place,although because he’s never late for training and helps out the cones away afterwards he seems to be assured of his place and the captaincy! Another unpopular opinion I could add is that Lamela has never convinced me but realistically I see him as a bench option and a huge overhaul is never a good thing - we have our biggest issues with the defence (having another go at replacing Walker, reintegrating or replacing both Rose and Toby) and the over reliance on Kane. Have long advocated a wing forward who will give us a plan b option with Kane to keep them sharp / involved given the lack of starts they are likely to get as lone cf. A fit again Wanyama and Winks will solidify our midfield options and the formers absence may have exposed the defence a lot more than last seasons. As much as I’d always have room for Modric as a player and I hope we ask RM the question I’m not sure he’d take the pay cut as he’d have better paid options.
Add GNK to the list of outs, I’m optimistic about Moura.

I can’t believe we’re discussing selling Son. Really?

Dier is a more questionable one for me. He is a very good squad utility player but I feel as if his position is one we could upgrade.

Last edited:
I seriously can’t believe what I’m reading.

When United won the CL in 1999, they had Jesper Blomqvist, Ronny Johnson and Nicky Butt starting the final with David May, Jonathan Greening, Raimond van set Gouw and Wes Brown on the bench.

Arsenal went unbeaten with Jens Lehmann, Ray Parlour, Pascal Cygan, Edu and Jeremie Aliadiere in the squad and playing games.

And we think that Son, Lamela and Dier can’t play in a team that can win the title.

fudge sake lads. I hope some people on here don’t come on complaining about loyalty if our players or manager fudge off.

Back