• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taking stock for 5pm...

To quote Kathrine Tate "I ain't bovvered"

I think we have a very strong 11 and bench, plus we have some excellent youth coming through. We cannot compete with the financially doped clubs and we've held onto Harry, Eriksen, Dele, Trippier, Dier, Alderwereld, Hugo, Rose, Sonny - Lamela is getting a full preseason and Harry Winks looks like he is getting back to full fitness. Add some of the youth in there like Ollie Skipp and a couple of others that were promising in the states, plus Onomah and actually we are in pretty good shape. I would have liked to see Grealish come in but we're a very settled, happy squad.

Look at the unrest at Chelsea and Man U. Liverpoo have bought too many players (we know that one from experience), and they are going to have some difficulties bedding in. Emry needs to settle in at Arsenal as well.

So, actually I really am not bothered. The press will make more of it that anything.....solution - ignore the bollox on the radio, don't read the newspapers and don't have and Sky!

City will probably win the league - I think we will come 2nd or 3rd either above or below Liverpool as Arse and the Chavs both have Europa, and Moaninho is on his traditional 3rd season blow up, so Man U will be sacking him around November when he loses the dressing room they will probably end up 5th or 6th.

I think we have a very strong 11 and bench, plus we have some excellent youth coming through. We cannot compete with the financially doped clubs and we've held onto Harry, Eriksen, Dele, Trippier, Dier, Alderwereld, Hugo, Rose, Sonny - Lamela is getting a full preseason and Harry Winks looks like he is getting back to full fitness. Add some of the youth in there like Ollie Skipp and a couple of others that were promising in the states, plus Onomah and actually we are in pretty good shape. I would have liked to see Grealish come in but we're a very settled, happy squad.

Look at the unrest at Chelsea and Man U. Liverpoo have bought too many players (we know that one from experience), and they are going to have some difficulties bedding in. Emry needs to settle in at Arsenal as well.

So, actually I really am not bothered. The press will make more of it that anything.....solution - ignore the bollox on the radio, don't read the newspapers and don't have and Sky!

City will probably win the league - I think we will come 2nd or 3rd either above or below Liverpool as Arse and the Chavs both have Europa, and Moaninho is on his traditional 3rd season blow up, so Man U will be sacking him around November when he loses the dressing room they will probably end up 5th or 6th.

Pretty much my feelings as well, i would have loved to have seen Martial come in but as for the other ones that have been talked about i can not say i am bothered that they are not here.

As you say the media will blab on about it and of course they will be the melters among our fans who will do the foaming at the mouth ( nothing new about that).

Pretty much my feelings as well, i would have loved to have seen Martial come in but as for the other ones that have been talked about i can not say i am bothered that they are not here.

As you say the media will blab on about it and of course they will be the melters among our fans who will do the foaming at the mouth ( nothing new about that).

I'm with both of you too.

Grealish could be one for the future but I feel Winks has a better chance of taking that CM role for us and England.

Considering Poch said a couple weeks ago that we might end up getting 1, 2, 3 or 4 players in, its hard not to think that he might not be best pleased

Similarly it wouldnt be surprising if the players were wondering where the ambition is...

It's a tough one to pick apart really as we don't have much to go on - we know we were in for Grealish but also that he would have been a squad player so not the end of the world that he wasn't signed, 2 years on his contract means his value should only go one way should we wish to return in Jan.

Zaha seems the most likely that we were chasing but the price of 70m was never really a goer for us, especially as we are well stocked in attacking midfield, yes he offers us something different but were we desperate to get him in? Im not so sure

Outside of that there doesn't seem much if anything to go on so it's hard to say what we were or weren't doing - or for what reasons.

We start the season with a full 25 man squad with several promising youngsters outside of that

Lloris Vorm Gazza

Trippier Aurier KWP
Davies Rose Georgiou
Vertonghen Sanchez Alderwiereld Foyth CCV

Dier Wanyama Dembele Winks Sissoko Onomah Skipp Amos

Eriksen Alli Son Moura Lamela N'koudou Edwards?

Kane Llorente Janssen

The quality on the fringes in a couple of areas may be lacking and there are a couple question marks over certain players fitness, mental or otherwise, but that's not the worst looking squad i think if you look at it without the transfer stuff clouding your judgement.

Do we not fall foul of the home grown rule at all? (I've not really any idea what the rule is, thought it was 8 of the 25?)

Do we not fall foul of the home grown rule at all? (I've not really any idea what the rule is, thought it was 8 of the 25?)

Yeah probably actually looking at the non bolded 25 i have listed - kane alli winks rose trippier davies (domestic at least)

Possibly means we'll see Nkoudou and Janssen leave as they're most likely to make the cut

Or Llorente? Sissoko for a good offer?

Sissoko played a reasonably large number of games last season and we haven't signed anyone so i don't see where we cover his input were he to leave, the youngsters/Winks, maybe? Not sure but possibly i guess - think the two i mentioned are most likely still

He did so because of the insane amount of injuries we were carrying there, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama out for very long periods.

We would be very unlucky to have that again, and if we dont - do you see him playing much?

For a good offer Id ship him, give Skipp/Amos a chance if absolutely required and clear a non-HG from the books.

Considering Poch said a couple weeks ago that we might end up getting 1, 2, 3 or 4 players in, its hard not to think that he might not be best pleased

Similarly it wouldnt be surprising if the players were wondering where the ambition is...
He seemed pretty happy and relaxed about the situation (no incomings) in his press conference today. Why focus on something he said weeks ago and not a few hours ago?

He did so because of the insane amount of injuries we were carrying there, Winks, Dembele and Wanyama out for very long periods.

We would be very unlucky to have that again, and if we dont - do you see him playing much?

For a good offer Id ship him, give Skipp/Amos a chance if absolutely required and clear a non-HG from the books.

Poch seems to value him as an option so whilst i don't really think much of him id be surprised to see Poch sanction his exit tbh

Winks has had a lot of time out injured relative to how long he has been available, Dembele picks up more than his share of knocks and niggles and Wanyama is potentially crocked so i can see a Sissoko being utilised a fair bit still

He seemed pretty happy and relaxed about the situation (no incomings) in his press conference today. Why focus on something he said weeks ago and not a few hours ago?

Somehow I dont think he'd have said about signing 1, 2, 3 or 4 players if he really didnt want to sign anyone

Somehow I dont think he'd have said about signing 1, 2, 3 or 4 players if he really didnt want to sign anyone
Maybe he’s realistic and Levy was in constant dialogue with him about the likelihood and prices being demanded?

Seems a crazy thought I know!!!

You're leaving out the fact he also said none/zero - would he have said that if there were key signings he was adamant he required for the season?

Maybe he’s realistic and Levy was in constant dialogue with him about the likelihood and prices being demanded?

Seems a crazy thought I know!!!

Even if prices demand were crazy and Poch understood that, it still doesnt mean that Poch wasn't looking for up to 4

There's a point in the Balague book where he fulminates because a Saints player asks the chairman in a friendly way whether he enjoyed his holiday. Outrageous, thinks Poch. A player should only communicate with the club via the manager. Directly addressing the chairman is insufficiently respectful.

That's just mad. Expecting high standards and professionalism is one thing. But it's a football club, with some very expensive personnel assets, not North Korea or Spurs Community. A level of realism about human interactions would come in handy.

Here we go...it is starting. Lawd ‘elp us! FFS...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back