• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tactics Thread

i just wanted to bump this

i am getting a little excited

i think sherwood is actually trying to bring back the wonky or do a diamond

i think he might have figured out how to get the best out of our two record signings in that case

we just ****ing needed lennon to play and capoue / sandro in one of those two Cm spots and we would have been ****ing golden!!!

Lennon must be injured..sigh...damn

i think we are going to play decent in this game v the saints....

a little exposed and open defensively though i have to say. but if what i am thinking is right and we have a lot of the ball we should be able to counter the lack of defensive prescence.

finally, looking forward to seeing solly and lamela once again.

really think they will perform better now...faster tempo for lamela...and support for solly

\o/

i've got my team back. Harry trained Tim well

Is the plan to make Eriksen the new Modric?

Made the point a couple months back that he had the tools to do so, we've been lacking intelligence in that area of the field for such a long time now, refreshing to see someone with a bit of vision in that role. There's still a doubt about his work-rate and positioning in that position but on today's evidence at least there's definitely potential there.

I made the point a couple months back that he had the tools to do so, we've been lacking intelligence in that area of the field for such a long time now, refreshing to see someone with a bit of vision in that role. There's still a doubt about his work-rate and positioning in that position but on today's evidence at least there's definitely potential there.

this

i dont know if it was you i piggy backed off of but someone suggested in very brief passing that we build around him ...i then followed up with an entire post agreeing with that and why it would work

Aberyid is STILL on form with this guy, his analysis of him...just that he wasnt given a proper shake before

this

i dont know if it was you i piggy backed off of but someone suggested in very brief passing that we build around him ...i then followed up with an entire post agreeing with that and why it would work

Aberyid is STILL on form with this guy, his analysis of him...just that he wasnt given a proper shake before

Eriksen looked like a Modric type a few years ago but his and changed massively in the last two. As I've said a few times he plays more like Cazorla now!!!!
However he is still young enough to change again but to play the deep lying role he needs to tackle an that is something he doesn't do... In euripw you get by with losing the ball but here you have to win it back and that's his biggest weakness by some way for me

Really enjoyed that set-up today. Now - Verts in for Daws, Sandro in for Dembele, Benny back as cover for Rose and we could be on to something.

Eriksen looked like a Modric type a few years ago but his and changed massively in the last two. As I've said a few times he plays more like Cazorla now!!!!
However he is still young enough to change again but to play the deep lying role he needs to tackle an that is something he doesn't do... In euripw you get by with losing the ball but here you have to win it back and that's his biggest weakness by some way for me

agreed with this, but our team has no footballer in the squad aside from him...if we are going to play it out from the back and around the pitch we need technical intelligent and composed people in there

i dont doubt he can play in one of the forward three holes behind the striker....but even there he needs someone to be able to feed him.

coming infield from the left of playing as a ball player from the middle would be my choice right now

This tactic would work really well if an out and out winger plays on one of the wings (lennon or chadli on the right or Townsend on the left).

Really enjoyed that set-up today. Now - Verts in for Daws, Sandro in for Dembele, Benny back as cover for Rose and we could be on to something.

i dont understand how you can say that when The count was the one who was bad out of the two CBs

Well he did it five times today, more than any other player on the pitch apart from Cork (also 5).

This tactic would work really well if an out and out winger plays on one of the wings (lennon or chadli on the right or Townsend on the left).

dont you recognise this tactic / formation

et tu KD? et tu!!??

shame man, you let me down...i thought you of all people would have known exactly what was going down when you saw the line up

i dont understand how you can say that when The count was the one who was bad out of the two CBs

It quite clearly should be Dawson and Vertonghen but a lot won't admit it. When capoue stank the place up last week it was Dawson that was blamed and it's happened before. Rather boring but what can you do?

Back