• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tactics Thread

352 with this set up, Sessegnon given a chance as there is a player there. Royal to defend only as Romero pushes into midfield.
Kulu looks like he has an eye for a pass so he plays in behind Harry and Sonny with Bentancur dictating centrally. Skippy there to provide cover. Davies would be out if we had an option but we don't. 4 or 5 first teamers needed in the summer.

.......................... Lloris.......................
.......... Romero... Dier... Davies.........
Royal....................................Sessegnon
..............Bentancur...Skipp................
........................Kulusevski..................
..................Kane.............Son..............

Subs: Gollini, Moura, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Reguillon, Doherty

If Conte is going to be here after the summer we are going to use either 352 or 343. There's no point in reverting to 4231 now and then reverting again.
Stick with what we are going to use in the long term and drill it into the players. Get the couple of players that are really needed in the summer and
continue with it.

If Conte is going to be here after the summer we are going to use either 352 or 343. There's no point in reverting to 4231 now and then reverting again.
Stick with what we are going to use in the long term and drill it into the players. Get the couple of players that are really needed in the summer and
continue with it.
And please for the rest of the season try to cut out all the unforced errors ffs!! :mad::)

continue with it.

Haven't we switched to 4231 a couple of times mid game recently? I wouldn't write it off with that in mind tbh - personally i think Conte is looking a bit stubborn atm

352 with this set up, Sessegnon given a chance as there is a player there. Royal to defend only as Romero pushes into midfield.
Kulu looks like he has an eye for a pass so he plays in behind Harry and Sonny with Bentancur dictating centrally. Skippy there to provide cover. Davies would be out if we had an option but we don't. 4 or 5 first teamers needed in the summer.

.......................... Lloris.......................
.......... Romero... Dier... Davies.........
Royal....................................Sessegnon
..............Bentancur...Skipp................
........................Kulusevski..................
..................Kane.............Son..............

Subs: Gollini, Moura, Bergwijn, Hojbjerg, Rodon, Reguillon, Doherty

Broadly agree with that team - the wing backs can be debated

Look at the (lack of ) quality on that bench though!!!

Really need a new LCB, RWB and CM this summer, as well as back up keeper and CF

Royal Romero Dier
Kulu Skipp Bentacur Sessengon
Moura Kane Son

Rotate Hojbjerg and Regguillon into the side often. Both provide a bit more experience. But for me, the above is clearly our best team. Royal, Kulu and Sessengon are players worth investing game minutes into. Provided they can defend well enough, they will all stride forward and contribute. To me, it is clearly our best team if given time to settle.

Royal at RCB does feel like a decent fit to me as well, he’s alright defensively and has the physical attributes for a CB, terrible going forward so get him away from those areas.

i know Conte said Kulu can play RWB but I’m not sure I’m feeling it, prefer him as no 10 behind Son and Kane.

Royal at RCB does feel like a decent fit to me as well, he’s alright defensively and has the physical attributes for a CB, terrible going forward so get him away from those areas.

i know Conte said Kulu can play RWB but I’m not sure I’m feeling it, prefer him as no 10 behind Son and Kane.

Put it this way. If he was good enough to play there for us, he'd still be at Juve. I could be wrong, but I think he needs to build up to it, and develop more.

spurs.jpg

Put it this way. If he was good enough to play there for us, he'd still be at Juve. I could be wrong, but I think he needs to build up to it, and develop more.
Not strictly speaking true. Juve both play a different system to us and had other options in that role. We have noone. Any AM from any team no matter how poor would start for us because we simply have no AMs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Of all the 'square pegs in round hole' ideas mooted since Conte came in - Royal at RCB is the only one which makes sense

Would still require a square peg in a round hole for RWB unless Doherty is good enough.

With Dier back the back three picks itself and it's not with Royal as RCB.

Although I'm cautious about statistics for results based on which players start the above graphic does contain some truth about how much we miss some of the players currently out injured.

We have a squad lacking balance, not really suited to any system of play. 1-2 players missing and that's just even more obvious.

Haven't we switched to 4231 a couple of times mid game recently? I wouldn't write it off with that in mind tbh - personally i think Conte is looking a bit stubborn atm
We are in transition with new players so a another round of team building. The thing that strikes me most is that we can see Kulu and Bentan do their thing... Favourite move or runs, but Davies, Winks, Sanchez seem to freak out and lose all composure and start playing like it's their debut instead. No doubt we have a good natured football team, but not exactly high performance ruthless sports professionals. Something at the core of the football club needs reviving.

Conte will need to make a few decisions or take some risks here. He would have seen how Mourinho failed with a highly defensive setup so it's logical not stubborn to take some risks in getting the players to learn to play a new system...

4-2-3-1. Time to get the band back together. We just don't have the players for 3-4-3
It depends how wedded to 3 at the back Conte is. It's the system he has employed most of his career.

The glaring deficiency we have with that system and is essential for it work effectively, is commanding WBs, we just don't have that. If we are not mandating creativity from the middle 2 or 3, the WBs have to be on point otherwise we are leaving it to the forward 2 or 3 to get us over the line on their own (which we have largely been doing the last 3 seasons) .

But Conte might have to re-write his own playbook if he moves to a system alien to him??

Romero plays the right side of the 3
Kulu plays the 10 like he did at Parma
And sometimes we don't even need a 10.

String the 3 more across the pitch like Skipp Winks PEH at Leicester away. 2 of them go box to box.

We have 4 to choose from now, and Bentancur looks a player, he can be one of them

Back