• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Swansea willing to sell best players, says Michael Laudrup

metalgear

Nayim
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22111776

£15million for Allen was way too much, but for the right price, Dyer, De Guzman and surely Michu would be great for us.

Vorm would be too good for #2. And Laudrup, should AVB leave us.

don't watch them enough to identify every one of them, but i remember both time they played us they played some good football, and were resolute doing so.

Let's see if Laudrup can get them out of their post-Carling Cup form. I still don't think he's a particularly good manager, he just stuck with what was already in place. Credit to Swansea for having a philosophy in place at the club and picking managers that think the same way.

i think michu would start for us personally

Would depend on who else we signed, that's why I qualified it.

Even if he wasn't an immediate first choice player at the start of the season I think his versatility and hard work would mean that he would get plenty of games and he could very well be good enough to make a starting position his own.

Let's see if Laudrup can get them out of their post-Carling Cup form. I still don't think he's a particularly good manager, he just stuck with what was already in place. Credit to Swansea for having a philosophy in place at the club and picking managers that think the same way.

Apart from Sigurdsson, Caulker, Sinclair and Allen you mean.

Not the players, but how they played.

I've watched a fair bit of Swansea's travels through the first division, both this season and last. I'd actually argue that Laudrup's made them more direct than they were under Rodgers. In 2011-2012, they were renowned for their passing triangles on the edge of the area and their quick, one-touch play, which occurred mainly through the center as the wide players cut in and the full-backs dropped off just in front of the opposition's penalty area.

This season, however, they've relied a lot more on pace on the flanks, and on quick release balls played to players already moving at speed into advanced positions. Additionally, with Michu's arrival, they've been more disposed towards hitting 'long' crosses (over a greater distance, and at a slower, more pronounced arc) to take advantage of his strength in the air. They're just more direct now than they were under Rodgers, though admittedly they have retained a lot of the quick, technical possession play that defined Laudrup's predecessor.

He's definitely adjusted the side a fair bit, imo.

As for the article itself, if Laudrup is still at Swansea when AVB moves on (which will hopefully be a few years from now, 2015 or 2016 being my guess), and if he's turned them into regular members of the top ten and occasional EL participants while retaining their current appealing style of play (not the easiest tasks, but ones I think he'll be up to), then we should definitely throw an enquiry Swansea's way. That is, if Steffen isn't ready by then, of course. :)

Player-wise, Vorm would be an ideal 'rotation keeper' to play in tandem with Lloris (probably in EL/Cup games), and their Spanish four (Hernandez, Michu, Chico Flores and Rangel) would definitely fit our current needs nicely, although all of them are on the wrong side of 25 and thus probably won't interest our resale value-based decision-makers. Ah, well. :)

... when AVB moves on (which will hopefully be a few years from now, 2015 or 2016 being my guess)...
Personally I'm still hoping (unrealistic though it may be) that AVB will become our Ferguson/Wenger-type manager... here for a couple of decades and consistently winning trophies and challenging for titles.

No harm in dreaming, right?

Personally I'm still hoping (unrealistic though it may be) that AVB will become our Ferguson/Wenger-type manager... here for a couple of decades and consistently winning trophies and challenging for titles.

rare thing these days thats the problem.

No harm at all. We need to create an atmosphere that is conducive to him doing so, though. You know, put banners up of him, chant his name in games, all that excessively 'devotional' stuff. Make him feel genuinely wanted, basically, which is something I suspect he hasn't really felt in his time as manager so far at Academica, Porto (where he left as quickly as he came, despite his success), Chelsea or us, where we're still generally more demanding of him than we are supportive of him.

He seems set on retiring early and moving to South America, though. Maybe if we changed our name to 'O Mundo Da Hotspur FC' and applied for permission to join the Brazilian leagues. :)

I would take Dyer and Michu personally. I think Dyer could at worst push Lennon to earn his place and maybe even become first choice. Michu would walk right into our starting lineup imo

De Guzman is class, would definitely take him. Would also take Dyer as back-up for the wings.

Unsure about Michu though, could be a huge case of a one-season wonder so we'll see how he does next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22111776

£15million for Allen was way too much, but for the right price, Dyer, De Guzman and surely Michu would be great for us.

Vorm would be too good for #2. And Laudrup, should AVB leave us.

don't watch them enough to identify every one of them, but i remember both time they played us they played some good football, and were resolute doing so.
I wouldn't think Vorm would join any club as a no. 2,especially as he's getting linked to Barcelona. A somewhat unrealistic proposal! Good keeper though.
I'd definitely take Michu, he reminds me of a harder working Berbatov. Convinced he a won't be a one season wonder. His touch and technique is there for all to see, and he showed his qualities in Spain too

Back