• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

I don't want a poor man's Harry Kane, but if the club/Poch believe it's a good idea to persist with 1 out and out striker then I believe that to be a big mistake, considering how many times this has cost us in seasons past it's incredible how naive the club as a whole are with regards to this issue. I don't expect our scouts to magically find a like for like for Kane who is available and happy to do an Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer play as a supersub, but at the same time, I don't think think it's being unrealistic to believe that there must be at least one striker in world football who is out there that would fit into our system and would be willing to join us.

I can't think of many other teams that have only 1 striker in their squad. When teams like Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine come to the Lane and have more options on the bench than us then I see that as a problem. If Kane were to get injured on Saturday, we would have Son and that's it. Njie is still injured.

If you look at what has cost us points, I would say goals personally. Think about it; the defence? Well we have the best defensive record in the league so that's clearly not the issue. We have a goalkeeper who bar a handful of costly errors, has been very good. Kyle Walker makes too many brainfarts for me but that's another issue. Other than Alli, we don't score enough from midfield and we have no one to play alongside Kane to freshen it up and go 4-4-2 for example every once in a while, not every time we need a goal, just to mix it up and keep the other team honest. Either someone with pace or someone who is a physical presence. Not so long ago, we had Defoe, Keane, Crouch, Pav etc. Granted, they weren't world beaters, but we had variety.

And just to echo Robspur, the fact that Poch wanted to sign Berahino suggests to me that he is looking to get Kane some cover/help to share the load.

I agree about the goals argument but we are only 3 goals behind the Arse and 4 behind Leicester

Our current problems is turning dominance into wins

I don't want a poor man's Harry Kane, but if the club/Poch believe it's a good idea to persist with 1 out and out striker then I believe that to be a big mistake, considering how many times this has cost us in seasons past it's incredible how naive the club as a whole are with regards to this issue. I don't expect our scouts to magically find a like for like for Kane who is available and happy to do an Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer play as a supersub, but at the same time, I don't think think it's being unrealistic to believe that there must be at least one striker in world football who is out there that would fit into our system and would be willing to join us.

I can't think of many other teams that have only 1 striker in their squad. When teams like Leicester and Saudi Sportswashing Machine come to the Lane and have more options on the bench than us then I see that as a problem. If Kane were to get injured on Saturday, we would have Son and that's it. Njie is still injured.

If you look at what has cost us points, I would say goals personally. Think about it; the defence? Well we have the best defensive record in the league so that's clearly not the issue. We have a goalkeeper who bar a handful of costly errors, has been very good. Kyle Walker makes too many brainfarts for me but that's another issue. Other than Alli, we don't score enough from midfield and we have no one to play alongside Kane to freshen it up and go 4-4-2 for example every once in a while, not every time we need a goal, just to mix it up and keep the other team honest. Either someone with pace or someone who is a physical presence. Not so long ago, we had Defoe, Keane, Crouch, Pav etc. Granted, they weren't world beaters, but we had variety.

And just to echo Robspur, the fact that Poch wanted to sign Berahino suggests to me that he is looking to get Kane some cover/help to share the load.

I think what has cost us points is not making the most of our dominance in games, which is a team problem more than it is a 'not having a back up CF' problem - Eriksen has two league goals this season (none from open play) and Lamela has 3, this isn't good enough from key attacking players really and had they matched Alli's contribution we'd have scored as many as City who have scored the most in the league and no one would be complaining about a lack of goals.

Last edited:
I think what has cost us points is not making the most of our dominance in games, which is a team problem more than it is a 'not having a back up CF' problem - Eriksen has two league goals this season (none from open play) and Lamela has 3, this isn't good enough from key attacking players really and had they matched Alli's contribution we'd have scored as many as City who have scored the most in the league and no one would be complaining about a lack of goals.

Excellent point. Lamela I somewhat forgive as he has found his feet and will hopefully kick on. Eriksen's goals last season were very important. His current output is really costing us. I believe in him as a talent, but by GHod he needs to find his form quickly.

Excellent point. Lamela I somewhat forgive as he has found his feet and will hopefully kick on. Eriksen's goals last season were very important. His current output is really costing us. I believe in him as a talent, but by GHod he needs to find his form quickly.

Last year we had Chadli, Eriksen and Kane scoring double figures and were the only side to have 3 players do so

However we couldn't defend

This year were doing both but were spanking some teams and scraping by in others. We still only had 3 goal scorers last season. This year we have goals coming from everywhere

Dont forget Alli has scored a few since he has came and Lamella last season was outscored by Dier for instance so there has been big improvement from him

We are the team with the highest number of individual goal scorers in the league and its why were not dependant on Kane for goals

We have to turn our dominance into wins and bully teams again. We excelled at that when Moussa was playing but we have missed his presence massively :(

Back