• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

Lee Mason was hell-bent not to give us anything today. You could see from the first minute he was going to do everythign possible to make it difficult for us. We didn't lose because of him, but fudge me, that was one-sided refereeing. In the first half he was only capable of pointing in one direction, and then due to some miracle, after half time, he could point the other way. What a strange phenomenon. In addition to that he is a fudging show off with his big, slow arm gestures, doing everything possible to do attract attention to himself. Let me give you some advice Mr. Mason. When you are a rubbish referee in addition to being a fat, ugly, bald prick, you should try your best to deflect attention away from you rather than the opposite.

Is it a mental thing? Do we just vehemently dislike actually being talked about as contenders, to the point where we go out of our way to prove that we're inept buffoons whenever the spotlight is focused on us? Are we that mentally weak, that useless?

Roy Keane's words echo as true now as they did when he first uttered them when it comes to Spurs: they will always let you down. And, bafflingly, we don't seem to be the least bit angry about that, going out of our way to reaffirm the essential truth of that statement whenever we get too good. The team wants to let you down, and they'll even go as far as pretending to be quite good for a long, long time just to be able to pull that joke when they lull you into a false sense of security :p .

Sigh. F*ck off, football. F*ck off, all the people at the club talking about our ambitions this season. Stop talking about the title and top four like you're seriously considering either prospect: focus on not f*cking up for the rest of the season, keep your heads down and your baffling brainfarts locked away, and see where that gets you. anything more, and you get nervous, your hands get clammy, and you throw three points away to the nearest pub side and become the laughing stock again, without fail.

2 defeats so far this season

Just 2 defeats

Three, I think you'll find. And far too many draws. Although I don't blame you, I try my hardest to forget about that nightmarish collapse against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as well.

What I don't understand is why leave attacking subs until the last five minutes. Son's never going to get into the game given so little time. Also, we completely lack creativity in midfield. Sorry but Carroll for all his supposed merits has hardly been pulling up trees in that department. I would have subbed him earlier and dropped Alli into the deeper role.

Gutted but tempered a little by Arsenal dropping 2 points. I love this team and the manager but I felt this season was at least 1 too early to consider winning the league. A top 4 place is what I believed at the start of the season and I have not changed my mind. IMO despite Poch's claims to the contrary this is a critical transfer window. If we can bring in cover for Kane with a striker who can vary our striking options we may have a chance of exceeding my expectations, possibly a trophy. If we do nothing, we can forget it.

Poch can say what he wants to the media, but he must be worried a little behind the scenes. All our hard work is being undone because we dont have another option upfront. Son is at best a 10, I think he's best out wide cutting in.

Right now I would take a older mature striker like Saha again. I really think the title bid has gone (not that I ever really thought it was on) top 4 with this squad now will be close, getting another striker to share the load with Harry, we could try and put some distance between us and the rest below.

Really gutted, dont want to be a moaning git but really feels like a big loss tonight

100% agree. But the annoying thing it has been obvious since August and once more like too many times in the past, nothing has been done about it. So once again not having another option on the bench to help Kane has bit us on the bum

How dare we lose to Leicester..... like most teams so far this season
Get a grip people

I wish we could be Leicester, for once. A recently promoted team can sit top of the league, never giving up, fighting from minute one to minute ninety and winning in all sorts of places they shouldn't be: is it impossible for Spurs to do that, or are we just doomed to be the team that flatters to deceive, every single time?

Sigh. We actually were, for a while. But then we do stuff like this.

Is it a mental thing? Do we just vehemently dislike actually being talked about as contenders, to the point where we go out of our way to prove that we're inept buffoons whenever the spotlight is focused on us? Are we that mentally weak, that useless?

Roy Keane's words echo as true now as they did when he first uttered them when it comes to Spurs: they will always let you down. And, bafflingly, we don't seem to be the least bit angry about that, going out of our way to reaffirm the essential truth of that statement whenever we get too good. The team wants to let you down, and they'll even go as far as pretending to be quite good for a long, long time just to be able to pull that joke when they lull you into a false sense of security :p .

Sigh. F*ck off, football. F*ck off, all the people at the club talking about our ambitions this season. Stop talking about the title and top four like you're seriously considering either prospect: focus on not f*cking up for the rest of the season, keep your heads down and your baffling brainfarts locked away, and see where that gets you. anything more, and you get nervous, your hands get clammy, and you throw three points away to the nearest pub side and become the laughing stock again, without fail.

Three, I think you'll find. And far too many draws. Although I don't blame you, I try my hardest to forget about that nightmarish collapse against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as well.

DS, you are reacting to the result not the performance I think

I missed the game. Did we play well after the 20th minute??

Absolutely gutted with the result. Honestly thought we would win this one. We aren't anywhere near as incisive as we need to be to be challenging for the top four.

DS, you are reacting to the result not the performance

Yes, I am. I'm not ashamed to admit it: this result has absolutely gutted me. This was the game where the lads needed to see what they could have achieved had they won, where they could have put themselves amidst all the teams around us dropping points or playing each other....

...and they didn't. I am gutted at that. This isn't a collapse like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, although we've got that kind of thing on our locker too, I'm sure: this is worse, because we matched them in effort but got done by the crudest pub tactics, in a manner that I thought was impossible given our newly impressive side.

Just like all sequels, its brick compared to the first. Don't get me started on the third installment....

I want us to sign a more experienced attacking player. With Dembele out, we are such a young team outside of defense. Alli 19 years old, Kane, Lamala, Eriksen 22 or 23. With Carol 23 and Dier 21 (for 2 more days, birthday on the 15th). These young men need to consistently show maturity beyond their years, or we need to sign a player or two like Dembele, around 27, who can give a little composure. In the absence of Dembele, I thought Chadli might help, but he looks far down the pecking order.

We shouldn't be down. We were the better team. We just need to show a greater maturity to turn performances into results. It will come.

We'll win all our other games. And we'll win the cup(s). And we'll beat Arsenal.

We need our own Ozil as much as it pains me to suggest. That lot are just a lot more composed in front of goal than us. but we are young. Applaud the team! We will get there.

Yes, I am. I'm not ashamed to admit it: this result has absolutely gutted me. This was the game where the lads needed to see what they could have achieved had they won, where they could have put themselves amidst all the teams around us dropping points or playing each other....

...and they didn't. I am gutted at that. This isn't a collapse like Saudi Sportswashing Machine, although we've got that kind of thing on our locker too, I'm sure: this is worse, because we matched them in effort but got done by the crudest pub tactics, in a manner that I thought was impossible given our newly impressive side.

<channels Yoda>

defined by outcome, achievement is not

Everyone is dropping points all over the league 3 defeats half way through season is not bad at all,draws have hurt more. Tonight was a disappointment but like all the draws that have gone before we do not kill off a game when we have the upper hand. That sets us apart from being a title chasing side.

We need another striker been clear since summer Son is not a striker for me not even close Kane needs help . Unfortunately January window is hard to find what your looking for.

Oh well roll on Saturday

maybe we would do better if we played Raneiri anti football and just tried to put ten men behind the ball. That'd be funny to watch, neither us or Leicester wanting to get beyond the half way line. In all seriousness, if that is what you have to do to win games, they can have their glory. I would not shell out cash to watch that crap. Hardly much of an advertisement for English football is it?

It was always asking a lot to finish in the top four with only one centre forward in a team that mostly plays 4-2-3-1 . The management must have known this was likely to be an issue. If anything we are doing better than I expected, but as the season progresses the burden placed on Kane is bound to tell, physically and mentally.

We need someone else who can fulfill the same role - lone striker, play with back to goal, link play, score goals, if only to give Harry a break during the game. And Son is clearly not that player, either.

Back