• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Superspur vs Leicester OMT: The Sequel ***

Poch can say what he wants to the media, but he must be worried a little behind the scenes. All our hard work is being undone because we dont have another option upfront. Son is at best a 10, I think he's best out wide cutting in.

Right now I would take a older mature striker like Saha again. I really think the title bid has gone (not that I ever really thought it was on) top 4 with this squad now will be close, getting another striker to share the load with Harry, we could try and put some distance between us and the rest below.

Really gutted, dont want to be a moaning git but really feels like a big loss tonight

can't get my head around it. Was nervous about this game and with good reason. You have to score your chances otherwise you leave yourself open to that.

Perhaps I feel incredibly bitter but how we lose to a team with Morgan, huth, Simpson, albrighton and co is beyond me. Actually that's incredibly arrogant of me. Fair play they won. 7 points. If we didn't consider them a threat before they certainly are now.

Huge opportunity lost. Not all hope is gone at all. But man fine margins, we always get bitten on the as$

Anyway, I don't really see there's a reason for slating our overall performance, bar our ineffectiveness in front of goal and Walker's habitual brainfarts. We more than deserved to win this based on performance alone, in my opinion. Sadly, we've got to be one of the least effective teams in the PL this season.

Same thing as against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Carroll starts. And is so innefective. So invisible. We don't do much as a team. Then slowly the opposition get more confident, sense they can get something, and kill us late on. Poch is 100% responsible for this. As soon as Carroll started, like against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I feared it. Good manager, but his brain fudgeing goes when we can really make a mark, wasn't Saudi Sportswashing Machine a game we could've jumped up a bit too? Hospitals infuriating. We don't create loads either (I don't give a fudge what the stats say, I have eyes), Kane had one sniff. There was such an opportunity this season and some bad bad decisions have cost us. Economic striker and some dodgy team selections and fudgeing refusal to change things (70 minutes Poch made a change when we weren't great from the 20th minute onwards). Poch has a long way to go...

And there we have it. Ladies and gentlemen, tonight's defeat was Tom Carroll's fault. You could not make it up.

That game has sucked the life out of me. There always seems to be one game a season where I really despair at the result and that's probably the one for this season I think. fudge it.

They must have launched a hundred long balls at our back line and we had defended them quite well really. It's fudging brick football though. Quite gutted over that.

I am surprised at the number saying that Leicester are a poor side. We are well over halfway through the season and they are (joint) top. I, however, am more concerned about us. We bossed the possession (61% today apparently), had 16 corners and 20 shots with 10 on target and failed to win. Failed to even score. Failed - with the exception of Kane's shot that hit the bar - to really trouble their goalkeeper. On Sunday we had even more possession and scrambled a late draw. We have drawn many games this season that a more clinical side would have won. I get that we are a young side/work in progress etc but it doesn't stop it being frustrating.

We desperately need another goal scorer. It's unforgivable that the defence is conceding less than an average of one goal per game and yet we are sat looking down rather than towards the top of the league.

AH well

Sunderland on the weekend. We need to batter them and get going once more.

Yeah, but last time we were coming off a long unbeaten run. This time....I don't know, we're falling away when it comes to effectiveness, really struggling to set up chances and get our shots off. And when we do, we miss. It's not just against that fudging Walkers' Crisps Stoke Mark Two team, either: it was against Everton in the second half, and against other sides in the lead up to this festive period (including Mou's Chelsea, where I really feel we could have won if we were as sharp as we had been up to that point).

I don't know if we just run out of steam after a promising opening spell (a la Harry's 'fifteen minutes of glory' spiel, where we'd batter the opposition into the ground in the first fifteen and then end up grimly hanging on for the last 75), but there is something there. Some games, we're fine, but in an increasing amount of fixtures since the middle of December, we've looked distinctly uninspired as the games have worn on, and it's a worrying trend.

Sigh. F******************************************CCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Why the f*ck do we have to bottle it like this? Why do we absolutely HAVE to do it every time we get our hopes up? What kind of freakishly masochistic club are we, doing this to ourselves whenever (whenever, without fail) people start talking about us actually amounting to something great?

Tbf Leicester performed their game plan very well....get a foot in, hoof it, chase it, repeat.

Crazy gang mk II

Incredible those criticising Carroll. Was a good performance from the lad again. We weren't even that bad. We just didn't score and got punished.

This Leicester team transition the ball as quick as anyone I've seen. They absolutely flood forward on the counter and very very quickly get so many bodies back to defend. But chances were there. Kane, Alli, Lamela. All had good chances.

I don't think anybody bottled it tonight or played bad (maybe Walker had a dodgy game). We just needed to take either the Kane chance where Lamela slipped him in (and to be fair, it was only a coat of paint on the bar that stopped it, decent save from keeper) or the Lamela one where Davies found him in the box and he skied it.

I really would go and buy Berahino now, and get him in this team in a front 3 of Lamela/Kane/Berahino. We need another finisher in the side imo, and a bit more pace when games get stretched.

This was a huge chance we missed tonight, it's so frustrating!

So gutted right now. We are so one paced going forward. Should have at least got a draw today, but I have a bad feeling that Ranieri's got our number.

Last edited:
Story of our season. Plucky, gave our all and were the better team, but ultimately we are a bit naive.

Were we too psyched for this, playing the occasion rather than the game? We died after 80 minutes. There were long spells where we were dominant, and you just wanted greater composure from one of the attackers. But they were up against a physical well drilled team. A fresher Kane or Lamela may have forced one of those chances second half. These are tight games that seem to swing on small margins - had Kane's saved shot gone under the bar etc. All in all we are consistent, we often miss that last little bit in attack a) the final pass isn't good enough, b) a lack of composure c) We need cover for Kane.

We can bounce back, but we need to show greater maturity to 'play percentages' and pull out results, exactly as Leicester did to us tonight. Brutal result for us. But we must learn from it and come back stronger.

Last edited:
We can bounce back, but we need to show greater maturity to 'play percentages' and pull out results, exactly as Leicester did to us tonight. Brutal result for us. But we must learn from it and come back stronger.

And there you have it. The only way the youngest team in the league can gain maturity is to play in important games and learn where things go wrong.

Back