• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was thinking earlier that I love how we all think that Ledley should become a coach yet whenever you see him interviewed, he's not exactly the most eloquant communicator.....there's no guarantee whatsoever that he'd be able to get across to kids what they need to be doing and when! IN fact, given that it all seems to come so naturally to him, it would probably be harder for him to pass things on than someone who has been coached into being a greater player.

I wonder whether he's better off in some match-day host type role (though preferably nowhere near where alcohol is being served!!!!)

That said, I'm not sure that Deadwood and Sir Les are great coaches either....

If RVP leaves, his likely destination would be Juventus

No, where RVP goes next is based on maximizing his best ever season

- i.e. who is going to pad the brick out of his wallet (City/Barca/Real probably highest on that list)
- Opportunity to bag a few medals before the injuries make him retire or he heads off to some brick league to semi retire with idiot pay.

My opinion

- good option for Real, type of big name signing they like
- City is fairly obvious, Aguero/RVP +1 of the rest with most of Tevez/Dzeko/Ade/Balotelli/RSC heading out
- Manure may break the bank, their squad is far behind and they know City/Cheat$ki are going to layout big cash, RVP could be their one chance at realistically trying to regain the title anytime soon.

Don't think the Italian clubs have the draw they used to. I think it comes down to, is he settled in England or does he want to go to Spain.

p.s. I'm surprised people are now thinking he's going to leave, it's been obvious for a while. Podolski was always his replacement.

No, where RVP goes next is based on maximizing his best ever season

- i.e. who is going to pad the brick out of his wallet (City/Barca/Real probably highest on that list)
- Opportunity to bag a few medals before the injuries make him retire or he heads off to some brick league to semi retire with idiot pay.

My opinion

- good option for Real, type of big name signing they like
- City is fairly obvious, Aguero/RVP +1 of the rest with most of Tevez/Dzeko/Ade/Balotelli/RSC heading out
- Manure may break the bank, their squad is far behind and they know City/Cheat$ki are going to layout big cash, RVP could be their one chance at realistically trying to regain the title anytime soon.

Don't think the Italian clubs have the draw they used to. I think it comes down to, is he settled in England or does he want to go to Spain.

p.s. I'm surprised people are now thinking he's going to leave, it's been obvious for a while. Podolski was always his replacement.

Id love to be as optimistic as you.

They could sell Chesney, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Wheelchair, Walnut, Ox and RVP ... I still wouldn't go about shouting my mouth off ...

Would be good if we could sort out our targets (looking like Remy and Vertonghen are numbers 1 and 2?) early on in the window.

Would be good if we could sort out our targets (looking like Remy and Vertonghen are numbers 1 and 2?) early on in the window.

Get Jan and Remy plus Ade on loan and we'd be looking very good. Add a keeper and Junior Hoilett (or similar) plus keeping Bale and Modric...=P~

Just seen that Villareal have been relegated. We have been linked to Diego Lopez before, is he actually any good?

Rossi has been out all season but surely will move on, should we be in for him and take a risk? Is still fairly young.

Get Jan and Remy plus Ade on loan and we'd be looking very good. Add a keeper and Junior Hoilett (or similar) plus keeping Bale and Modric...=P~

Indeed, Vertonghen and Remy in early would be amazing business. Just amazing. I think we have to realise that these two could be joining bigger teams.

It is nice to see we're trying to do business early. Settle them in nicely. Thats the way to do it.

It is also two positions we need to improve on.

Just seen that Villareal have been relegated. We have been linked to Diego Lopez before, is he actually any good?

Rossi has been out all season but surely will move on, should we be in for him and take a risk? Is still fairly young.

fudging HELL that is news to me. I like Diego Lopez a lot, him Nilmar and Rossi and Valero will not stick around, plenty of bargains to be had there. Can't believe they've been relegated.

As I feel we'd want to step in the right direction, I think these may have an impact, not Parker-like impact from a Championship club, but someone who will come in, not on the highest of wages and keep our structure, playing style and overall shape:

Lee Chung-Young from Bolton. (Backup for Lennon, nice little merchandise sell in South Korea.)
Olsson from Blackburn. (Backup for Ekotto.)
N'Zonzi from Blackburn. (Backup for the middle, might be a bit overcrowded but who'd you rather come on, N'Zonzi or Livermore?)
Hoilett from Blackburn. (Backup for Bale and Lennon.)
Jarvis from Wolves. (We could do alot worse :lol:)

Some good shouts there, nice to see at few posters not so arrogant as to write off these players immediatley.

Hoilett = no brainer for me, quality, and cheap.
N'Zonzi has a bit of the Vieiras about him IMO, would be an interesting buy.
Jarvis has brilliance in him, but all to infrequent.
If we want back up to Ekotto look no further than Figueroa (decent at CB also)

Others worth a look?
Jaaskelainen as back up to friedel?
Klasnic interests me a bit, never really set the world alight but shown moments of genuine class
Fletcher at Wolves is a very decent striker

Back