• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the season starts later there

Actually it doesn't. Their season started 21 July because of the long winter break they have. This is the first time the Russian season is in line with all the biggest leagues, previously they've played March-December.

thfcsteff;204634Unless we buy the thought that they didn't want to sell because they knew the Hulk was off for 50 squillion brickers said:
I still reckon that's at least as likely as a team of people who are employed to do all Porto's transfer paperwork magically ballsing up this one out of the dozens they must have done, with 5 minutes to go til the transfer deadline. But how would you prove it ?

Internacional president Giovanni Luigi insists the club will not let Leandro Damiao leave unless his buyout clause is met amid rumours linking him with a move to Manchester United.

The Brazil international striker was heavily tipped for a switch to Tottenham during the summer transfer window but Internacional have claimed they turned down an offer from the White Hart Lane club because it did not match their valuation.

Luigi has previously revealed the youngster has a €60million (£47million) buyout clause in his deal at Inter, where he is contracted until 2016.

It is also believed Damiao was offered to Liverpool on loan but the deal was considered too expensive by the Merseysiders.

Speculation has now surfaced that United are targeting a January swoop for the 23-year-old, who starred for his country at the Olympics, finishing the tournament as top scorer with six goals.

Luigi says Internacional will stand firm on their valuation if United do come knocking and is adamant the Premier League giants must speak directly to the Brazilian club.

He told Zero Hora: "We aren't talking about a small team. We are talking about Internacional. They (Manchester United) have to talk with Internacional, not with the player.

"If Manchester United came here today, I would ask them to pay his buyout fee. They have to know that Internacional are a big club.

"Now, Leandro Damiao only leaves if the buyout fee is paid."

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11...orted-Manchester-United-target-Leandro-Damiao

Doesn't give up trying to sell him, does he?

Yes, its too late for Leandro. We have to get these players early, like we did with Sandro. Once they become better known we can't compete and won't until after the stadium is done, if then.

With the world cup in Brasil, plus the new Brasilian economy, there will be a lot of reasons for young players to stay at home.

man u just bought a mexican kid for their reserves.

that olympic winning team has some good picks - hope someone in AVB's team is watching

Del Piero to play for Sydney FC

Huge coup for Sydney FC and a possible chance for me to see one of my favourite footballers if he plays against Perth.

$2 million a year! Wowza!

Link

Re: Del Piero to play for Sydney FC

Huge coup for Sydney FC and a possible chance for me to see one of my favourite footballers if he plays against Perth.

$2 million a year! Wowza!

Link

We could've used him. He's my favorite modern sportsman. Sigh. Damn you, prudent sell-on value-based transfer policy!

[video=youtube;zXdIR9qvm2E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXdIR9qvm2E&feature=g-all-lik[/video]

And people say we haven't bought well.

And people say we haven't bought well.

I think we've bought really well in terms of quality haven't heard too many people saying otherwise, it's just that be bought way to late which means we've essentially thrown away any possible tilt at the title already in my opinion. Unless we plan to win at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge the Emirites and the Etihad then you've really got to pick up the points against Norwich and WBA at home if you want to be in with a chance

Lets say we'd had our business done two weeks before the first game, I think we'd look a hell of a lot better than we do now, brick defending, hoofing to Defoe, no midfield balance, no other options.

But given time I'm positive the team will start playing well, it's just annoying that it took so long.

Porto sold Hulk so i doubt they'll sell Moutinho now and tbh i don't think Witsel is in the modric mould.

I've no clue about Witsel but I was hoping that by Zenith buying him would mean they won't pursue Moutinho in this window at least, and he'll potentially be available for transfer come Jan. Whether we can snag him in January is another matter but Porto seem to be a selling club at all times so I think there is a fair chance.

The two most disappointing aspects of the window just past for me is VDV leaving and Moutinho not coming. If we had those two in the squad I think we would be aiming for 3rd. Now I have no idea where we're gonna end up. Harry thinks we're nailed on for top 4 (MOTD)

I think we've bought really well in terms of quality haven't heard too many people saying otherwise, it's just that be bought way to late which means we've essentially thrown away any possible tilt at the title already in my opinion. Unless we plan to win at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge the Emirites and the Etihad then you've really got to pick up the points against Norwich and WBA at home if you want to be in with a chance

Lets say we'd had our business done two weeks before the first game, I think we'd look a hell of a lot better than we do now, brick defending, hoofing to Defoe, no midfield balance, no other options.

But given time I'm positive the team will start playing well, it's just annoying that it took so long.

That's what tinkles me off... I really think if we'd have got our business done a bit earlier, we'd have had a solid start to the season.

I think you add the movement, skill and intelligence of Dembele, Ade and Dempsey into the side, which has looked solid if devoid of many forward ideas, we'd have got at least a point versus Saudi Sportswashing Machine and probably won v. Norwich, WBA. The pressure would be off AVB, we'd be settled and confident. Now we're playing catch-up, the media knives have been sharpened and we're struggling.

I don't know for sure how much money we'd have saved by doing the business late or even if we'd have been able to do the business at all, but leaving it so late has meant that we have had an unprepared, unsettled and disjointed start to the season and we also didn't give ourselves enough time to get in our manager's no 1 transfer target.

With Ade it was held up between him and City, Dembele had bigger clubs interested in him and the player might have wanted to wait and see what happened. It's easy to look back and say we should have done things differently, but who knows if we actually COULD have? Dempsey only came up as a target in the last week and effectively replaced VDV.

Back