• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Transfer Aims

I think we agree on the larger points. A big money, marquee type signing isn't out of the question. Though I don't see our recent transfer history as one that indicates this as likely.

My point is more one about the almost constant focus on this from some of our fans. Every window this is the window where the club must pay up big for some superstar. Probably influenced by the media selling that narrative as the best path to success. When our actual path to success has been rather different. Just look at the cost of our starting 11.

I agree with you on the second part and have argued similarly in most transfer windows for as long as i can remember! My initial post was in defense of the following from Adamb
Can't believe that some people want minimal additions. We have CL football as a carrot to attract players FFS!!! Plus if you stand still in level whilst others progress them you slip down

Adding first choice players would be difficult (the one position where our team could be I,proved is in bringing in an attacker with some pace or skill but they aren't cheap) however we need more depth in some areas. There were many times last year when you looked at the bench and options didn't exist. We also need to be able to rotate players between CL and the league.

Priority areas for more depth are CB, more Dembele cover and need genuine quality in attacking areas.

I dont see those comments as something which goes against our transfer policy or something which is along the lines of the point you are making above re spending big being the only way to succeed.

I agree, that is more than a bit hypocritical.

The biggest problem some times is the fans, we are all so emotially involved that we rarely appreciate that ALL transfers are a gamble, we want our club to buy ( what in their minds is the final piece of the jigsaw) no matter what the cost will be, but then we/they start to foam at the mouth when they do not live up to the hype that surrounds them ( mostly place on them by the same fans).

Then they start looking for someone/something to blame usually its Levy ;), or the scouts etc,etc, some can not seem to understand its not Football Manager its the real world where some signings work and some do not.

The biggest problem some times is the fans, we are all so emotially involved that we rarely appreciate that ALL transfers are a gamble, we want our club to buy ( what in their minds is the final piece of the jigsaw) no matter what the cost will be, but then we/they start to foam at the mouth when they do not live up to the hype that surrounds them ( mostly place on them by the same fans).

Then they start looking for someone/something to blame usually its Levy ;), or the scouts etc,etc, some can not seem to understand its not Football Manager its the real world where some signings work and some do not.

Again, I agree. More than that, the players are human beings like the rest of us - people with foibles, flaws, emotions and hopes, not lifeless blocks to be switched around looking for the perfect fit. There are any number of reasons why we fail, but we do, and absolutely no one goes through life a continuous success. The same goes for players - and I say this as someone who played Football Manager for countless hours back when I had the time to do so. ;)

I like to see Levy showing ambition and backing his man, I've never made any bones about that. But if it doesn't work out, it could be for any number of reasons - and it becomes more than a bit hypocritical to blame him for splashing out on a player that didn't work out, because he tried. He did what I wanted him to do. So it didn't work out - the act is more important than the result in those circumstances.

Squad 2017-18!

GK: Loris, Lau, Worm

Lb/Lwb: Rose, Davies
Rb/Rwb: (Walker), Trippier, Kyle W-P

Cd: Toby, Jan, Cameron C-V, (Wimmer or Jerry st. juste), (New) José María Giménez

Cm/Dm: Dier, Wanyama, Winks, Dembele, Lesniak

Am/RLC: Eriksen, Son, Dele, Lamela, Onomah, N'Koudou, Edwards, Shashoua, (out)Sissoko

St: Kane, Janssen, Sterling, Harrison

So just one player out and one new player in, but if Wimmer left we need two new CB.
If Kyle is going away we just give our trust to Kyle as backup.
I think Dier is going to take a step up the pitch next year.

The reason I do not want many new players is that I think we should be a club that gives our talents the chance to shine.
I'd rather have a different club that goes its own way and breaks the pattern of the sick money carousel that is football today, than a lot of trophies and no soul.

But maybe it's just me ?!
(Don't rock the boat)

Anyone seen this??

Who: The Goat
When: 16th June
Where: SC

The Goat hears (not for the first time) that there is unrest at Levy's tactics when it comes to contracts and signings, frustration from players, agents and others involved in transfers/contracts in and out. Sessegnon and his connections are losing patience as is Edwards and two or three first team players are interesting the Manchester clubs along with one other top (european) club. However it’d take an excessive bid for us to sell. These players do not include Kane or Alli. The Goat assumes these are Dier and Walker.

The Goat also hears that our wages policy is starting to bite and one or two aren’t convinced at our ambition…… it would be no great surprise to see a number of players leave over the next year or two and although Rose fancies a move is prepared to give it another year but Toby wants a get out clause in any new deal. As was the case last year, Pochettino wants new players in before the 2nd week of pre-season.

- One of the Manchester clubs is interested in Walker? Boy, I didn't see that one coming.
- Dier might also be of interest to a Manchester club?
- Levy bargains hard?
- We don't pay big wages?
- Toby wants a release clause?

Thank the lord we have The Goat and his (?) ITK to help us through the transfer window.

Apart from that being a load of crap, how does a club show ambition by paying its players more? If they were truly ambitious they'd want the club to invest as much as possible in infrastructure and the occasional new signing to improve the team.

Anyone seen this??

The Goat hears (not for the first time) that there is unrest at Levy's tactics when it comes to contracts and signings, frustration from players, agents and others involved in transfers/contracts in and out. Sessegnon and his connections are losing patience as is Edwards and two or three first team players are interesting the Manchester clubs along with one other top (european) club. However it’d take an excessive bid for us to sell. These players do not include Kane or Alli. The Goat assumes these are Dier and Walker.

The Goat also hears that our wages policy is starting to bite and one or two aren’t convinced at our ambition…… it would be no great surprise to see a number of players leave over the next year or two and although Rose fancies a move is prepared to give it another year but Toby wants a get out clause in any new deal. As was the case last year, Pochettino wants new players in before the 2nd week of pre-season.

The Goat has spoken. NAAAAAAAAAAAA
:eek::rolleyes:o_O:D

Have they ever produced any ITK?
I guess by the law of averages they might have got something right once. Sun. Dog's arse. As far as I know the goat is catch-all username for a number of so called ITK's who want to remain anonymouse o_O. I could be wrong about that anon thing as I had 4 glasses of squashed grapes, but even without grapes I'm certain everything the bearded one(s) says should be taken with a large pitch of whatever you are having yourself.

Has the stream of ITK nonsense dried up or has this site just stopped re-posting it?

I guess by the law of averages they might have got something right once. Sun. Dog's arse. As far as I know the goat is catch-all username for a number of so called ITK's who want to remain anonymouse o_O. I could be wrong about that anon thing as I had 4 glasses of squashed grapes, but even without grapes I'm certain everything the bearded one(s) says should be taken with a large pitch of whatever you are having yourself.

Has the cat video on youtube of ITK nonsense dried up or has this site just stopped re-posting it?

There are no real ITKs around any more, so there's not much point in posting it. The best anyone can get these days is gossip from some agent acquaintance. Where Trix and Jjetset might have gotten a little bit of information at some point, all they do these days is tell people not to get their hopes up over obvious flimflam from the papers.

I can't tell if the goat is really a front for those who want to share something or they're just trying to drive some traffic to their site.

There are no real ITKs around any more, so there's not much point in posting it. The best anyone can get these days is gossip from some agent acquaintance. Where Trix and Jjetset might have gotten a little bit of information at some point, all they do these days is tell people not to get their hopes up over obvious flimflam from the papers.

I can't tell if the goat is really a front for those who want to share something or they're just trying to drive some traffic to their site.

Because of the anonymity I'd say The goat [emoji238] is more likely to be reasoned logic presented as insider info. Or in other words a guess!

What happened to Atlanta Yid was it? A US fan who had some connection to Joe Lewis' son?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Anyone seen this??

Absolute garbage ...

Sky reporter on e-spurs podcast addresses half of that with a lot more credibility (his view again, not mine)

- Sessegnon we are interested in (as was Pool), but Fulham has indicated very strongly he is not for sale (they are prioritizing trying to get promoted and ownership has made some commitments re keeping/investing)
- Walker is not frustrated or forcing move, the issues is price, City want him bad, we have a difference in valuation, its in City's hands
- The club is not taking bids for Dier
- Poch always like players in for pre-season, but he is also aware of how clubs work. We are also unlikely to have a lot of players come in.

Back