• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer Targets - choose 4 - You are the Manager.

Assuming no big names leave, who would you choose?

I'm fickle and perhaps totally unrealistic:

Remy (I'd rather Falcao but that's just silly)
Vertonghen
Dembele
Di Maria

But we might get:

De Jong
Johnson
Moses
Hoilett

The striker question is worrying me ... a lot.

sell Bale and get Villa in return with barca paying the difference in his wages
Adebayor
Hazard
Vertonghen

_________Adebayor
___Villa_____Vdv___Hazard
_______Modric_Sandro

BAE Vertonghen Kaboul Walker

Last edited:
Assuming we don't have to replace Modric or Bale:

1) Adebayor (first choice #9)
2) Leandro (#9 competition, sharper shooter than Ade)
3) Vertonghen (long term King replacement/Kaboul partner)
4) Remy (competition for Lennon on the right, also 3rd choice #9)

That still leaves me a bit concerned about the GK situation, but we can look at that in January.

So:

------------Friedel

Walker--Kaboul--Verts--BAE

-------Sandro---Modric

Remy------vdV------Bale

------------Ade

Bench - Cudicini, Naughton, Dawson/Gallas, Parker, Lennon, Krancjar/Hudd, Leandro

Last edited:
sell Bale and get Villa in return with barca paying the difference in his wages
Adebayor
Hazard
Vertonghen

_________Adebayor
___Villa_____Vdv___Hazard
_______Modric_Sandro

BAE Vertonghen Kaboul Walker

Hazard and Villa are both predominantly left-siders.

Would you really pay ?ú35m for Hazard and use him on his wrong flank?

Hazard and Villa are both predominantly left-siders.

Would you really pay ?ú35m for Hazard and use him on his wrong flank?

i was under the impression he was played more on the right ? going by what ive heard of him on here

thought everyone was tossing themselves silly at the prospect of Bale and Hazard on either flank when he was first linked ?

i was under the impression he was played more on the right ? going by what ive heard of him on here

thought everyone was tossing themselves silly at the prospect of Bale and Hazard on either flank when he was first linked ?

Check Football Manager. Whatever it lists will be true*

* - almost certainly not true.

always good to see the whole concept of a British team die.......

how long before a Spurs side without and Englishman or a British player in it?

He's right footed, but is a cutty-in, rather than touchline winger, so prefers the left flank from what I've seen of him.

always good to see the whole concept of a British team die.......

how long before a Spurs side without and Englishman or a British player in it?

The problem is that the England team would struggle to be in the top half of the EPL. Scotland would be in the championship and Wales and NI lower.

British players are great when they are as good as Bale, King or Walker (Parker, Lennon, Hudd and Dawson), but we shouldn't handicap ourselves by going for second rate players.

The problem is that the England team would struggle to be in the top half of the EPL. Scotland would be in the championship and Wales and NI lower.

British players are great when they are as good as Bale, King or Walker (Parker, Lennon, Hudd and Dawson), but we shouldn't handicap ourselves by going for second rate players.

Utd and Chelsea have won plenty of league titles recently with English players and City have plenty in their squad [-X

Utd and Chelsea have won plenty of league titles recently with English players and City have plenty in their squad [-X

So do we - I just listed 7 from our first team squad. There's also Caulker, Naughton, Rose, Townsend, Livermore and Carroll who will make the 25 next season (or are still U21).

Back