• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer clear-out

Eric is a lovely lad, from what we see, that's for sure........I'm not looking it from a personality point of view.

Neither am i, he has the drive and determination that some of our players seem to lack, hence why i believe he should be our Capt.

I agree there, but not sure he's progressed from a couple of seasons back, I must emphasise it would only be for a favourable price!

Fair enough, i think being moved around from position to position has not really helped his game, plus he has had a couple of illness problems this season to deal with. But as i said for me he is the player who seems to have the drive ( and dare i say a winning mentality which seems to be lacking in some players) that we need.

he has the drive and determination that some of our players seem to lack

That I don't see this now from him. He has been out a fair bit so I can't comment obviously on form and fitness.
I am missing this "drive and determination" of a couple of seasons ago he now is a very defensive midfield/3rd centre-half. We need a Kante'sk type of midfielder, a fit Winks could evolve here I'm hoping.

That I don't see now from him. He has been out a fair bit so I can't comment obviously on form and fitness.
I am missing this "drive and determination" of a couple of seasons ago he now is a very defensive midfield/3rd centre-half. We need a Kante'sk type of midfielder, a fit Winks could evolve here I'm hoping.

Well Stop! Hammer time, but i disagree i have seen him have a go at a couple of our players for fudging about, as for drive and determination do you believe a defensive M/F player/CB does not have those assets?

Well Stop! Hammer time, but i disagree i have seen him have a go at a couple of our players for fudging about, as for drive and determination do you believe a defensive M/F player/CB does not have those assets?

Of course, but as 'part' of his skill set. He needs to be more attacking in his work, he is very much working in our half 'exclusively', I want more going forward. As I said previously he has been out for various physical reasons and that must be taken into account. My feeling is we don't need another player who predominantly passes it sideways in our half, the team has got this requirement covered in spades.

Of course, but as 'part' of his skill set. He needs to be more attacking in his work, he is very much working in our half 'exclusively', I want more going forward. As I said previously he has been out for various physical reasons and that must be taken into account. My feeling is we don't need another player who predominantly passes it sideways in our half, the team has got this requirement covered in spades.
I want him to do exactly what Poch tells him to do

Dier has only just turned 25 and has his best years ahead, I don't think he'll ever reach Kante's level but there's far more pressing issues in the squad than selling him.

No way, he should be our Capt instead of Lloris.

I love Dier ( and he loves me, obviously). But there’s only one captain after Lloris, and that’s Kane.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there were an announcement before the start of next season that Kane was taking over the captain’s mantle.

I love Dier ( and he loves me, obviously). But there’s only one captain after Lloris, and that’s Kane.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there were an announcement before the start of next season that Kane was taking over the captain’s mantle.

You may be right about Kane being our next captain, but as much as i love Kane i think he is more concerned about his own game and for me that does not always make a good captain.

I think having the World Cup winning captain as your club captain is hard to argue against.

However I’m not a big fan of goalies as captains, and add to the mix the fun Hugo has had this year.... I still would be amazed if Poch changed him. He does have a presence and seniority to him.

My selections would be Jan or Dier if we did. Right positions on the pitch to influence matters, and the right mix of personality and experience.

However, this would upset Pep as he wouldn’t recognise who we are if we weren’t just “the Harry Kane team”. Bald clam.

Staying with priorities

- Hugo, Gazza, Jan, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier, Sissoko, Winks, Son, Dele, Kane stay
- Llorente, Lucas, Llamela, Toby, Eriksen -> all up to them, preference would be for them to stay (Llorente/Lucas obviously not as important)
- Davies, Trippier, Aurier, Rose, KWP -> at least two out, two in
- Vorm (space in squad to go to homegrown), Wanyama, Janssen, N'Koudou, Onomah, CCV -> sell

On the buy list

- Two 1st choice FBs
- A creative midfielder & defensive midfielder
- Young english keeper for 3rd spot
- Either a young stiker or wide attacking player

Almost impossible to do all of that in one window

Back