• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Would probably mean dropping team's and the league Cup as well.

I dont know about that, its just getting the start date fixed. How long the season goes for or how we organise it is down to the respective leagues I would have thought.

My interest is soley in getting the transfer windows organised, and if that meant a unified start date for league football then absolutely fine by me.

Generally though we don't sign players we are linked to

12 months ago Sanchez, Aurier, Foyth Llorente and Gazzaniga were on nobody's lists

Its a 50/50 thing, we do sometimes go for the reported/obvious choice.

Personally I dont care, I see transfer talk simply as a bit fuel to discuss things here...

Is the argument against a tour not just aesthetics. Going somewhere warm, low intensity training and friendly matches are beneficial I dont think it ever meant Break, they would still be training and practice matches even if they stay at home (in the cold).

Or just the pointless mid-season international friendlies and excessive pre-season 't-shirt sale' international tours
there is a finite amount of time to finish the games at least during years with international competitions. (international friendlies will not be going any time soon and is not in the PL control)- we have more games. The international tours cut in to the pre-season not game time - and even if you get rid of them unless you are going to make other countries move their start time earlier (good luck making Spain play in their summer) I cant see how it helps as we will still be starting third week in August.

Is the argument against a tour not just aesthetics. Going somewhere warm, low intensity training and friendly matches are beneficial I dont think it ever meant Break, they would still be training and practice matches even if they stay at home (in the cold).

I think its the balance between working/training and "too much". The travelling particularly can add a toll.

Its a balance thing. Im not against it per-se, but I also wouldnt want it to end up thrashing teams just so the clubs can make a quick £££

Generally though we don't sign players we are linked to

12 months ago Sanchez, Aurier, Foyth Llorente and Gazzaniga were on nobody's lists

I do wonder if that was part of the problem. Besides Foyth (who was linked for months), Gazzaniga (Poch's friend), and Sanchez, none of those guys seemed like absolute first choice. Obviously none of us know anything for sure, but it seemed like Perreira was first choice and we settled for Aurier when his price dropped. Same goes for Llorente, who legit signed on deadline day after Poch had already talked about getting business done early.

I guess my point was that with all these leaks — especially coming off the back of Poch quite strongly telling DL that he wants to be strongly backed — they seem to make it pretty clear who Poch's A-list targets are. This could, of course, all be a big smokescreen, but if we end up with Johnny Evans, Jay Rodriguez, and Shaqiri on deadline day, I'd be surprised. I really think this is the year Levy gets Poch his top targets.

I do wonder if that was part of the problem. Besides Foyth (who was linked for months), Gazzaniga (Poch's friend), and Sanchez, none of those guys seemed like absolute first choice. Obviously none of us know anything for sure, but it seemed like Perreira was first choice and we settled for Aurier when his price dropped. Same goes for Llorente, who legit signed on deadline day after Poch had already talked about getting business done early.

I guess my point was that with all these leaks — especially coming off the back of Poch quite strongly telling DL that he wants to be strongly backed — they seem to make it pretty clear who Poch's A-list targets are. This could, of course, all be a big smokescreen, but if we end up with Johnny Evans, Jay Rodriguez, and Shaqiri on deadline day, I'd be surprised. I really think this is the year Levy gets Poch his top targets.

I think it's more simple than that. Journalists just have neither insight or imagination

And Gazzaniga is Poch's son, not friend ;)

Back