• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

There has been some discussion about some experienced winners as a missing piece of the jigsaw....I put this in another thread but probably best in here.....

If we're looking for experienced winners we're realistically looking at players who are currently, or very recently, playing for our top 4 rivals or Real, Barca, A.Madrid, Juve, Bayern ... maybe Dortmund PSG...so whose on the list ??

What about Lloris, once he's lifted the world cup as France captain in 3 months' time?

What about Lloris, once he's lifted the world cup as France captain in 3 months' time?
Probably looking for someone whom isn't already at the club :) ...and even if they are already at the club suggesting a 'potential' winner is reaching at best.

Plus judging by your prediction for Spurs this season, France may be in for some more hurt.

Probably looking for someone whom isn't already at the club :) ...and even if they are already at the club suggesting a 'potential' winner is reaching at best.

Plus judging by your prediction for Spurs this season, France may be in for some more hurt.

I think the WC is 50:50 between France and Germany. Everyone else is a million miles away

The world cup is about luck and overly defensive football. The are about 12 teams who could win it, see Portugal and Greece in the euros. I think Uruguay will win it personally.
I think we will win it (handily forgetting the need to be good defensively:)).....and in doing so flooding our squad with winners with that elusive winning mentality. :D

Can’t believe I’m in agreement but I am

We have to get someone in who has won something
Bale didn't put the team on his back to drag them to victories. Of course you can argue he did it with us, but that was just individual brilliance among a group of mediocre-to-good players. We have very good and world class players now. We need someone who will fire up the players and Bale isn't the answer. We need a Chiellini or a Buffon type character.

Tierney? Haven't seen enough of him really to make a judgement. I like Davies as he is dependable but he just isn't top level if we are brutally honest. A fit and interested Rose would play every week ahead of him if you were picking your best side. Vital to have in the squad but not a starter for me.

Really couldn't say who I would want at LB tbh but another signing like Aurier who seems to cause uncertainty is a big no-no. No defensive mavericks thank you.
There are a few names out there that have a lot of upside: Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia), Benjamin Henrichs (Leverkusen), and of course Tierney. All young and highly rated and coming from teams where a £25-30 mil bid should get them. And won't be on ridiculous wages either. The downside: we may need to wait a year or two to see them reach their full potential.

one player wont make that difference with this squad unless he is a massive massive voice and influence in the dressing room and on the pitch....hate him all we like but the type im talking about is John Terry. Or a Tony Adams. Roy Keane was another. Yes born winners who drag the rest along with them kicking and screaming are generally cnuts but boy they get the job done
This.

There are a few names out there that have a lot of upside: Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia), Benjamin Henrichs (Leverkusen), and of course Tierney. All young and highly rated and coming from teams where a £25-30 mil bid should get them. And won't be on ridiculous wages either. The downside: we may need to wait a year or two to see them reach their full potential.

He is a right back I thought, like him a lot personally. Him and Tierney are what rose and walker were 4 years ago. If we kept them for 4 years we could get two absolutely world class years out of them before they start moaning about money.

Back