• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Sonny is being mugged off for being inconsistent, and you want to add the lesser spotted (but massively overpaid) Walnut to the mix? You've got a sick sense of humour Steve.

My ideal shopping list.

Rashford
Mata
and a bloody midfielder (if such a beast exist) to help transition from Dembele.

;) Still think he has much to offer and he's rapid - wont happen though due to tribalism
I have no issues in signing any player from any club if I think they will improve us (I was massively for signing Gallas for example). However I think that Walcott has found his level at Everton.

If Walcott came to Spurs he would be behind Moura, Lamela and Son for a place in our team. I really don't think we need to do too much to our attack this summer. I would look to let both Llorente and Jansen go and try to sign one top class player who can both play from wide positions and through the centre. Any of Martial, Zaha or even Bale would be brilliant signings I think. Other than that I think we should just stick with what we have in terms of our attacking options.

I have no issues in signing any player from any club if I think they will improve us (I was massively for signing Gallas for example). However I think that Walcott has found his level at Everton.

If Walcott came to Spurs he would be behind Moura, Lamela and Son for a place in our team. I really don't think we need to do too much to our attack this summer. I would look to let both Llorente and Jansen go and try to sign one top class player who can both play from wide positions and through the centre. Any of Martial, Zaha or even Bale would be brilliant signings I think. Other than that I think we should just stick with what we have in terms of our attacking options.

Opinion is what it all about.
Walcott is the best player at Everton and was an excellent purchase.
Llorente and Jansen when/if they go will I doubt cover their last years salaries. Both will be fee transfers along with the lad at Burnley.
Bale wages are a not in our league. Zaha still leaves me undecided. Martial is OK

Giroud would've been a great option for us. He is a very good player as his goal record has consistently proven. Walcott on the other hand is a player who always has massively flattered to deceive.

Walcott would have been great for us on the right.....Locus fingers crossed will come good but I'm getting a feeling of deja vu. He was reasonably priced which always unnerves me. I'm a reassuringly expensive kind of a guy*. Serge is giving me a similar feeling its like PSG dont do free lunches Danny boy ;)

*Fat lot of good that did me with Sissokoo_O

Opinion is what it all about.
Walcott is the best player at Everton and was an excellent purchase.
Llorente and Jansen when/if they go will I doubt cover their last years salaries. Both will be fee transfers along with the lad at Burnley.
Bale wages are a not in our league. Zaha still leaves me undecided. Martial is OK
Walcott wasn't good enough for Arsenal - a club who we are currently better than and (hopefully) have ambitions to continue to be better than. We either need to be taking the rejects of the real top moneybags clubs (Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG) or purchasing the better/best players at the clubs of similar/lower standing to ourselves (i.e. the ones they don't actually want to sell). We aren't going to improve by taking the cast offs from clubs beneath us.

Walcott wasn't good enough for Arsenal - a club who we are currently better than and (hopefully) have ambitions to continue to be better than. We either need to be taking the rejects of the real top moneybags clubs (Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG) or purchasing the better/best players at the clubs of similar/lower standing to ourselves (i.e. the ones they don't actually want to sell). We aren't going to improve by taking the cast offs from clubs beneath us.

I’ll tell you Walcott was badly handled by Wenger and Everton did well out of it.
But it just an opinion.

A cast off is always a risk! From even bigger clubs!

Back