• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

At the start of the summer I think we only had 2 priorities

1) Upgrade Llorente with a more versatile WF/CF option. Something we've struggled with for years because of the curse of Kane's deputy

2) Replace any of Dembele, Alder and Rose who leave or are perma-crooked

If at least one of Kane and Son stays fit, and we get 20-25 games each out of Dembele, Alder and Rose, everything will be sweet
They are necessities I agree, but in order to kick on there is also a position or two that needs improving. CM is an area we could do with improving regardless of who stays/goes - Dier is decent but really not all that. Im not looking at things negatively Im comfortable with keeping what we had as other than Liverpool none of our rivals have massively strengthened but I am a little disappointed we havent improved on what he had at all....

Asking for a "believable" and "credible" explanation really is impressively rude. The club invites the trust apparatchiks round for tea and biscuits every so often and briefs them in a fair amount of detail. It's not normal to suggest publicly and overtly that people with whom you have that sort of relationship are habitual liars.

I massively bumped on that too, they generally tinkle me off but that really made me angry, if Poch or Levy read that they'll think we are a bunch of impossible to please tacos

They ask questions they have no right to.

They have the right to ask any questions they want, if they are coming from the members they represent.

The club equally has the right to choose how to answer, if at all.

The trouble is that whatever answer Levy might give to that demand for an explanation (should he so choose, which he rightly won't) is obviously not going to make them happy, so it's pointless.

brick.

AshleyOut. fudge off.

DkMSBu7W0AA4Dy3.jpg
Fat Mike's just made a £90m signing, quit complaining.

They have the right to ask any questions they want, if they are coming from the members they represent.

The club equally has the right to choose how to answer, if at all.

The trouble is that whatever answer Levy might give to that demand for an explanation (should he so choose, which he rightly won't) is obviously not going to make them happy, so it's pointless.

we are customers of the club, we buy tickets and merchandise, if we don't get the product we are buying we have the right to question that, and thats where the line is (obviously its different for share holders, they get their forum at the shareholder meetings)

I'm a customer of Apple's too, if my iPhone catches fire I have a right to complain, I don't have a right to bitch to Tim Cook about which hot startup Apple should purchase next

At the start of the summer I think we only had 2 priorities

1) Upgrade Llorente with a more versatile WF/CF option. Something we've struggled with for years because of the curse of Kane's deputy

2) Replace any of Dembele, Alder and Rose who leave or are perma-crooked

If at least one of Kane and Son stays fit, and we get 20-25 games each out of Dembele, Alder and Rose, everything will be sweet
It looks to me like our priorities were

1) Get our stars on big contracts.
2) Dembele, Alderweireld and Rose want to leave, but they are not going anywhere unless the deal suits us and we can get a replacement.
3) Sell/loan the deadwood (still viable abroad/lower leagues?)
3) We might be able to get Grealish for less than market value, as a punt.

It looks to me like our priorities were

1) Get our stars on big contracts.
2) Dembele, Alderweireld and Rose want to leave, but they are not going anywhere unless the deal suits us and we can get a replacement.
3) Sell/loan the deadwood (still viable abroad/lower leagues?)
3) We might be able to get Grealish for less than market value, as a punt.

And if we achieved some or all of #2 reinvest in a midfielder or advanced attacking player. In an ideal world we'd have converted some of the squad into cash and then one or possibly 2 high quality signings who'd raise the level of the first team.

No doubt the stadium has taken some time away from the powers that be, but many PL clubs have struggeled to shift their deadwood. Who outside the PL CL clubs will pay silly wages? There is a lack of buyers and too many sellers punting players on high wages.

Can we lock these threads now please!!! :D

Let’s get back to the football itself, and weaned off the ITK and Sky Sports infused Championship Manager transfer b0llocks!

Jim White dies. Today!

The season starts on Saturday and the squad is in place. One World Cup winner, 9 semi finalists, and the golden boot winner!!

Come on you M***** F***ing Spuuuuurs!!!!!!
Bit early for drinking Jon.

The early draws against Swansea, Burnley and WBA plus the loss to Chelsea were all part of the same settling in period. Once we settled we were fine, and it wasn’t so much losses, just those dropped points in drawing games we really should be winning. That Swansea 0-0 was brutal.
Awful game wasn’t it. I didn’t go to a lot of Wembley games at all last year but that game was woeful.

I'm actually not that disappointed overall. Our first team is of such quality that upgrading would be very hard, not to mention extremely expensive. I would have liked to see some squad players replaced with some exciting talent (Llorente and Sissoko in particular, who I think we have seen the best of), but know too little about Grealish and such to be very down about it. I agree however with those who aren't entirely sure about why we have 3 keepers outside the HG quota. Was hoping for Sessegnon as it seems he could've been a first teamer pretty soon, otherwise I enjoyed the Modric rumours even though it would never happen. Now tie down Eriksen and I will be happy.

There are areas that need improving, regardless of having kept our players or not. When everyone was making predictions for transfer window why didnt anyone say just keep what weve got and that will improve us? Because it wouldnt. Its not a disaster that we havent signed anyone, but lets not try and oversell the situation....

I can agree with most of that, the only player i really would have liked to have seen us sign was Martial ( the others that were mentioned not so much), however it was not meant to be and in all honesty i am not too concerned about it. We have a very good side with some great players, we have a lot of young players who will probably improve under Poch, and if we can keep the vast majority of them fit we should be fine.

All the wailing and nashing of teeth by a few Spurs fans is not going to change the reality of our situation.

Its not that I have issue with the idea of a trust etc, its just this lot.

They seem to want to, at every stage, find a way to get their way. Make the chairman come out and comment on something or other. They do this by thinly veiled bitching letters, its all so pathetic - and yet so self important too.

I think they are a bunch of sad tossers missing the point of what a trust should be doing.

Could not agree more, they have their head up their own arses and Levy is right to only pay them lip service. As a matter of interest how many members do this Trust have? because i actually know very few from my travels to the games.

Could not agree more, they have their head up their own arses and Levy is right to only pay them lip service. As a matter of interest how many members do this Trust have? because i actually know very few from my travels to the games.

10000 I think they claim

I've supported this club for over 60 years and never in that time believed or expected the club to explain to me how the owners run it. If I felt as strong about issues with the club I would simply stop going as I would with any other product, I'm not happy with many things but I live with it, there is no point in losing sleep over something you have no control over.

I personally know nothing about foreign football so have no idea who would be available/affordable or be either ready to go straight into the team to improve it or be prepared to sit on the bench to strengthen our squad, so I accept the club has not signed anyone and just get behind the club.

we are customers of the club, we buy tickets and merchandise, if we don't get the product we are buying we have the right to question that, and thats where the line is (obviously its different for share holders, they get their forum at the shareholder meetings)

Actually, as far as I'm aware, they don't even get that anymore!

A large chunk of the final AGM before the club was taken private consisted of pleas from shareholders for the board to continue to hold an annual shareholder meeting (which, I believe, they were no longer obliged to do once private). Despite repeated requests and arguments, the board would not give a commitment to do so - and so, I presume, there is no longer any shareholder meeting?

Can anyone clarify that?

Back