• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I'm reading Rabiot's name being linked with us again.

Went off the boil big time after PSG got dumped out the CL, cost him a place in the French WC squad which he refused to be included on the standby list and question marks over his attitude have also been reported.

Not judging, just saying there is baggage that would come with him.

Went off the boil big time after PSG got dumped out the CL, cost him a place in the French WC squad which he refused to be included on the standby list and question marks over his attitude have also been reported.

Everyone that moves country has baggage.

Linked with Alex Telles, from FC Porto. If Rose ends up leaving, Telles would be a fantastic signing to replace him, imo. He's got a ludicrous number of assists for a full back, and from what I've seen he's got a fantastic cross on him, while also being strong, physically adept (he's just over 6' 0") and pretty damn fast.

Linked with Alex Telles, from FC Porto. If Rose ends up leaving, Telles would be a fantastic signing to replace him, imo. He's got a ludicrous number of assists for a full back, and from what I've seen he's got a fantastic cross on him, while also being strong, physically adept (he's just over 6' 0") and pretty damn fast.

Yes, saw that as well. Probably only seen him 3-5 times however has always stood out. Does feel like he'd be a good signing and at a price which, relative to others, would be sensible.

Somewhat as an aside, we're not a million miles off having a problem with number of overseas players though and the stronger links seem to be with more (de Ligt, martial etc). I don't see why we waste spot with overseas reserve keepers given that they barely get on; personally, I'd replace Vorm with AN Other

Nice passer of the ball, a link man.
But how good is he?
Unconvinced!

Seen him live twice a couple of years back and was impressed. Been taking periodic peeks at PSG to keep tabs.

Good skill with the ball at his feet, clearly has his internal radar on with quick, first-touch passes. Watched him ride some nasty challenges from a very chippy Benfica back end and either take dangerous shots or create chances. When he wants, he can really impose himself physically which, I think, makes him well suited to the PL. Not as swivel-hipped as Mousa Dembele, but more than ready to run at, and even over, opposing players.

I don't think he's happy at PSG who are trying to buy a Galatico-laden squad and letting that process overshadow players who came through their youth system. He has a headstrong attitude that reminds me of Lamela. Not a bad thing, but if we were to get him, it would do well for him to come in with a little patience and humility. Something tells me Poch would get the best out of him.

I can’t take anyone seriously in the French league.

It’s so far behind the PL

Thauvin scores 22 goals and 11 assists

It’s a joke league

I can’t take anyone seriously in the French league.

It’s so far behind the PL

Thauvin scores 22 goals and 11 assists

It’s a joke league

On that basis, you would have turned down Zidane, Henry, Anelka, Hazard, Rivery, Lloris etc etc. Just need very good scouts or to buy the best, rather than people like Njie and N'koudou

They got relegated too no? Relegated teams should be looking to rebuild with younger up and coming player rather than expensive PL ones, you'd guess.

Any of the teams who finsihed 7th (Burnley) through to 17th (Southampton) could use him. Could be an astute signing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine @Greg put a word in :)

I would imagine the owners want to get back in PL and they have shown little interest in developing youth while they were in PL, so would look for quick return.

On that basis, you would have turned down Zidane, Henry, Anelka, Hazard, Rivery, Lloris etc etc. Just need very good scouts or to buy the best, rather than people like Njie and N'koudou
Exactly.
League 2 is pretty crap too....no talent down there

Mourinho has a hard on for Bale, sadly he will end up there.

I am not convinced because of his wages, but boy even for the odd game if he was up for it and we could afford it, then hell yeah.

Does not really fit in with what Poch wants though does it.

Back