• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suits

Dicko

Dean Richards
Right, I've got a few weddings and special events coming up in the next few months and it's been a while since I had a new suit. Anyone got any good tips for where to go? Don't mind spending a fair bit for something that's worth it but don't want nothing too crazy. Where should I try first?

Depends on the definition of crazy prices, when I got married I got my suit from suit suppply which are pretty good. The suits are 80% made then they measure you up and do all the adjustments etc. Fabric and overall quality is pretty high and they have a good range. I also got a waistcoat from there which is just off the shelf but good fit and quality. Think I paid around £450 including all the adjustments and that's mid range for them.

You do need to be able to get to one of their stores though.

Depends on the definition of crazy prices, when I got married I got my suit from suit suppply which are pretty good. The suits are 80% made then they measure you up and do all the adjustments etc. Fabric and overall quality is pretty high and they have a good range. I also got a waistcoat from there which is just off the shelf but good fit and quality. Think I paid around £450 including all the adjustments and that's mid range for them.

Thanks, I'll take a look at their website. Would probably go up to 1000 if I found something I really liked, but 500ish would obviously be better.

How much is a savile row suit? Remember someone telling me they spent the first grand they earned on one. Probably a smart investment...

Last edited:
Cheers GB.. Checking flights now

If you're ever in that part of the world though, stock up. Then don't get fat.

The quality to price levels compared to almost anywhere else in the world are almost worth a dedicated journey. £800 return flight for £500 off each suit. Like going to France for wine in the 80s, you can do a 'suit cruises'.

If you're ever in that part of the world though, stock up. Then don't get fat.

The quality to price levels compared to almost anywhere else in the world are almost worth a dedicated journey. £800 return flight for £500 off each suit. Like going to France for wine in the 80s, you can do a 'suit cruises'.
He’s right!

My mates dad used to have a business based out there so he’d be out quite a bit. Some of the bespoke suits he had were absolutely outstanding, but for absolute peanuts.
Also a great place to visit - when no riots. Ahem.

Right, I've got a few weddings and special events coming up in the next few months and it's been a while since I had a new suit. Anyone got any good tips for where to go? Don't mind spending a fair bit for something that's worth it but don't want nothing too crazy. Where should I try first?

I'd second Suit Supply. I've got a couple of suits from them, one made to measure and one off the peg but altered in store. I'm very happy with both.

I just read the telegraph link - at the end he says he opted for an adjustable wasteband.
All men's trousers should have this!
Either via a button or some cunning fabric with stretch or whatever... they should be adjustable because one does not always stay the same width, year after year

Cheers, looks like some good options in that second link. Will have a proper look tomorrow.

Cad & The Dandy are meant to be good and are at the cheaper end of bespoke.

Their Saville Row shop is used as a location in the Kingsman films

Back