• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

“Sugardaddies “ and the Mega-Money investors coming into the game

Hope I'm not out of order re-bumping this, but it's relevant to this thread and to Spurs too. I believe that you are aspiring to get planning permission for something similar to this.

[video=youtube;wabNqKx8FqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wabNqKx8FqA&feature=plcp[/video]

Like I was saying before, our owners are here for the long haul and aren't just ploughing money into players' pockets. 16.5 pitches, some of which are for the community. New stadium. New academy. New training facilities for the first team. Large area given to the council where a new Sixth Form will be built. Sure it will be plastered with the 'Etihad' label, but does that really matter in the bigger picture? Hope I'm showing my club in a different light here than what many see us as these days.

The way I look at it, Man United and Arsenal have become wealthy clubs due to their success on the pitch. Whereas you and Chelsea have done it the opposite. You've bought success, and you'll both become richer in the long run should the shiekh and Abramovich commit for the long haul.

To be fair, if a rich man buys your club, what can you do? Not support the team anymore? But I don't quite understand why you and Chelsea went so mental when you won the league and CL respectively, the amount of money you've spent, you really should be winning trophies, regularly. There have always been rich teams and poor teams, the rich teams have spent big money in the past, but to nowhere near the level that you and Chelsea have in the last decade. I said to a mate who's a Chelsea fan the other, if your happy about spending £300m on your team and winning the Champions League in the manner that you did, being the luckiest team in the history of the game and playing negative anti football, then so be it. But don't expect anyone else to care.

Back