• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Storing and Sharing Photos Online

Dicko

Edgar Davids
Never been one for taking many photos but with a first child on the way shortly I was wondering what the options are for storing/ keeping a collection of baby and family photos?

I've always hated those people that post all their baby and holiday photos all over FB (Even though I guess that's one of the purposes of Facebook!?)

Are there some good free sites or options for uploading all my photos somewhere where I can just share them privately with close friends and relatives (and the NSA ;))

On a related note, Has anyone ever considered that most of the kids today will grow up to be 16 and realize their whole life has been broadcast on Facebook etc. for the world to see.. just so their parents could get a few nice comments?
I'm still a bit unsure about it. I think I read somewhere that it's inevitable and that in a few years even the next US President will have drunken college photos and stuff out there for the world to see lol.

Does it bother anyone else or should I just get over it and plaster everything on FB?

Funny you should mention this, I was just reading:

president.png

Imageshack have started to charge money, so now I use postimg.org. Works for me.

i have a flickr account for general stuff, i'm sure you can have private galleries which you invite people to, i doubt its NSA proof though, I doubt anything is

i expect google+ will allow the same kind of thing

personally i use iCloud and shared photostreams

i have a flickr account for general stuff, i'm sure you can have private galleries which you invite people to, i doubt its NSA proof though, I doubt anything is

i expect google+ will allow the same kind of thing

personally i use iCloud and shared photostreams

I use flickr too and you can choose what level of access you want people to have

www.flickr.com/bazthecameraman

Make a separate Facebook account for your kid, and upload all your photos there. Friends and family can choose whether to 'friend' the account and get it all or not bother. It gives you very easy control over who can see what in an interface you presumably already understand.

It drives me crazy when parents post baby-related content non stop, I end up putting them on ignore so I don't see anything.

I have a Flickr account but as soon as BT change their email service i'll lose it :(

Never been one for taking many photos but with a first child on the way shortly I was wondering what the options are for storing/ keeping a collection of baby and family photos?

I've always hated those people that post all their baby and holiday photos all over FB (Even though I guess that's one of the purposes of Facebook!?)

Are there some good free sites or options for uploading all my photos somewhere where I can just share them privately with close friends and relatives (and the NSA ;))

On a related note, Has anyone ever considered that most of the kids today will grow up to be 16 and realize their whole life has been broadcast on Facebook etc. for the world to see.. just so their parents could get a few nice comments?
I'm still a bit unsure about it. I think I read somewhere that it's inevitable and that in a few years even the next US President will have drunken college photos and stuff out there for the world to see lol.

Does it bother anyone else or should I just get over it and plaster everything on FB?

Why not print some. Tescos do an account my Mrs says.

BT Yahoo is moving to BT Mail soon. As Flickr has something to do with Yahoo it meant I had full Flickr account for nothing using my BT email address rather than the limited free version they had. Once it changes over i'll have to migrate my Flickr account to another Yahoo account which I don't have and would have to probably pay for the full Fickr account.

Flickr is pretty much free anyway now, I had a pro account for years but they wouldn't let me renew this year, don't think I've lost anything I used to pay for

I've not actually used it in years but it was always nice to know it was there. :lol:

I use flickr too and you can choose what level of access you want people to have

www.flickr.com/bazthecameraman

Some cool photos on there..

I'll have a look into using it. I'm guessing for the family they can just add your url to their favourites right. What about when you add stuff, can they get notified or can you flag up new stuff so they know which photos are new since their last visit?

If you're taking the photos with an iPhone, Dropbox and their Carousel app are a good option. iOS8 is coming soon too, which will have iCloud Photo Library, somewhat similar to Carousel.

I use photobox as I can migrate via app across all OS, so the pics I take on my android device are consolidated with my iOS device and my windows device. You can also set up private galleries for your family etc..

OneDrive (formerly skydrive) from Microsoft, stupid amount of storage for free

You get free for just having a live/hotmail/outlook email account, you can get more if used on phone, and if you buy one of the Office subscriptions you can get up to 1TB as part of it.

works on Windows/Mac/iOS/Android as well ..

edit .. re original poster question, wouldn't put everything on a flicker/facebook type offering, too invasive for me, use a service that while it can share, is built more as a "cloud drive" option

Last edited:
OneDrive (formerly skydrive) from Microsoft, stupid amount of storage for free

You get free for just having a live/hotmail/outlook email account, you can get more if used on phone, and if you buy one of the Office subscriptions you can get up to 1TB as part of it.

works on Windows/Mac/iOS/Android as well ..

edit .. re original poster question, wouldn't put everything on a flicker/facebook type offering, too invasive for me, use a service that while it can share, is built more as a "cloud drive" option

So if the folks don't have hotmail etc. then can they still get access to my photos if they are on this OneDrive? I think they have BT email accounts

Read an article a while back (might have been posted by someone on here actually) about how your 'online presence' actually survives longer than you do because generally parents post the 12 weeks scan, so that's when it starts, then when someone dies, their facebook profile often becomes like a kind of tribute page where people post messages on the anniversary of their death, birthday's etc.

I find that a bit weird to be honest.

Back