• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stevie-G.......would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He reminds me more of Gallas when we sold him than Gallas when we signed him. I think he's past it and not a good fit with our club, squad or head coach.

Would be pretty close to equal parts utterly hilarious and disgusting if he went on a loan to Chelsea next season and won the league though...

He reminds me more of Gallas when we sold him than Gallas when we signed him. I think he's past it and not a good fit with our club, squad or head coach.

Would be pretty close to equal parts utterly hilarious and disgusting if he went on a loan to Chelsea next season and won the league though...

i'd enjoy that for the apoplectic rage it would cause on merseyside

No, he's been on the decline for about 5 seasons apart from last season when he was excellent.

This would be the biggest no brainer of the century if he was still good. Why should it matter that he played for Liverpool? They're not one of our rivals.

Gerrard is world class on his day and is clearly better than other older players such as Xavi and Pirlo and if we get the chance to sign him we should snap him up.

Trololololololol!

Gerrard is world class on his day and is clearly better than other older players such as Xavi and Pirlo and if we get the chance to sign him we should snap him up.

No way is he better than Xavi or Pirlo. Note how they will both feature prominently in the CL semi-finals this week. They are just still too good to consider dropping down to a team our size

Trololololololol!

No chance. Not even in his prime was he better than Xavi or Pirlo.

Xavi, Iniesta and Pirlo are the greatest midfielders since Zidane.

Gerrard is a no for me for 3 reasons

- Regardless of form, he is a scouser all the way, I honestly don't believe he would give another club the same output (its not a conscious thing, I don't believe he was ever able to give the same level of effort for England that he did for Pool)
- He is yet another midfielder that is difficult to place position wise, you have to adapt for Gerrard (especially at this point of his career), not the other way around
- His legs are gone, but he still expects to play every game ... which he can't manage

How would a immobile slow midfielder with a (currently) questionable workrate fit into poch's system?

Take away his name and look at the player, and i find someone not nearly good enough.

World class in his prime, but last season was his last hoorah as far as I'm concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back