• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stevie-G.......would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not really good enough anymore and id be wary of signing a 'one club player' at the end if his career even if he was

The sort of signing that a manager like Redknapp would (rightly) make in order to add experience and a winning mentality to the team.

Reactions: DTA
Gerrard has won 9 major trophies at Liverpool:
2 FA Cups
3 League Cups
1 Champions League
1 UEFA Cup
2 UEFA Super Cups

I can remember Gallas being a rather unpopular signing made by Redknapp, but he was an excellent signing for us in terms of what he brought to the squad in terms of experience and winning mentality at the time.

Signing Rio really did wonders for his QPR side.
Rio Ferdinand's injury record in the couple of seasons before QPR signed him showed that he was already finished as a player. I don't think the same applies to Gerrard. I think it's pretty much guaranteed he'll end up in the US anyway, but I just feel that (like Gallas) he would bring a hell of a lot to a team like ours.

Reactions: DTA
Gerrard has won 9 major trophies at Liverpool:
2 FA Cups
3 League Cups
1 Champions League
1 UEFA Cup
2 UEFA Super Cups

I can remember Gallas being a rather unpopular signing made by Redknapp, but he was an excellent signing for us in terms of what he brought to the squad in terms of experience and winning mentality at the time.

a long long time ago, he's been a bottler for a decade

The sort of signing that a manager like Redknapp would (rightly) make in order to add experience and a winning mentality to the team.
Rio Ferdinand's injury record in the couple of seasons before QPR signed him showed that he was already finished as a player. I don't think the same applies to Gerrard. I think it's pretty much guaranteed he'll end up in the US anyway, but I just feel that (like Gallas) he would bring a hell of a lot to a team like ours.

This REALLY is the re-named joke thread isn't it?!:eek:

Gerrard right now, is NOWHERE near the level that Gallas was when we signed him.

If Redknapp was still with us and he signed Gerrard as he is now, it would be a complete joke

People didn't want to sign Gallas because of his Arsenal/Chelsea connections, not sure that's a relevant comparrison tbh

People didn't want to sign Gallas because of his Arsenal/Chelsea connections, not sure that's a relevant comparrison tbh

i think there was a legitimate concern he was past it, which proved to not be the case

gerrard has been past it for quite some time, since Benitez left they have been statistically better without him in the side i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back