• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Caulker

Not sure about "mares", but Bale certainly performed at a level where quite a few people were calling for him to be sold, Redknapp considered loaning him out and only re-introduced him into the side because of injury and he was generally considered a flop.

It's a lot easier for a defender to have a "mare" than a midfielder, a couple of mistakes that lead to goals and you're the spacegoat, that's not going to happen as often for a winger.

I think Caulker is too young and inexperienced to be playing regularly for a team fighting for top 4. He makes too many crucial mistakes. Our disappointing loss to Everton was mainly down to his inexperience. Until he becomes more mature and solid, he should only be a backup to Kaboul and Vertonghen for us.

I think Caulker is too young and inexperienced to be playing regularly for a team fighting for top 4. He makes too many crucial mistakes. Our disappointing loss to Everton was mainly down to his inexperience. Until he becomes more mature and solid, he should only be a backup to Kaboul and Vertonghen for us.

People are prett keen to wheel out the Everton game. What about playing 180 minutes against Man Utd in games where we took four points off them for the first time since 1842??

Do you think that we shouldn't have given Caulker game time this season? Do you not think he did well playing his part in keeping Lazio down to zero goals in two games?

Its not like weve been shipping goals this season, and Vertonghen has been far from infallible in the past weeks. I'd go so far as to say he has been our most out of form defender.

People are prett keen to wheel out the Everton game. What about playing 180 minutes against Man Utd in games where we took four points off them for the first time since 1842??

Do you think that we shouldn't have given Caulker game time this season? Do you not think he did well playing his part in keeping Lazio down to zero goals in two games?

Its not like weve been shipping goals this season, and Vertonghen has been far from infallible in the past weeks. I'd go so far as to say he has been our most out of form defender.

It's not just the Everton game. He has made far too many mistakes in other matches as well. True Vertonghen has not been in good form in recent matches. But atleast he has the experience to call upon when needed. Caulker has no experience of playing at the top level. I think experience is more important for defenders than any other virtues.

It's not just the Everton game. He has made far too many mistakes in other matches as well. True Vertonghen has not been in good form in recent matches. But atleast he has the experience to call upon when needed. Caulker has no experience of playing at the top level. I think experience is more important for defenders than any other virtues.

He's got more premier league experience than Vertonghen. He spent last season at Swansea - surely a harder task than playing in Holland. I'm not saying he's better than Vertonghen i'm just saying that he's been full value for the appearnaces he's earned.

I'd go so far as to say that for a 21 year old defender he's got bags of experience from various different levels of English football.

He's got more premier league experience than Vertonghen. He spent last season at Swansea - surely a harder task than playing in Holland. I'm not saying he's better than Vertonghen i'm just saying that he's been full value for the appearnaces he's earned.

I'd go so far as to say that for a 21 year old defender he's got bags of experience from various different levels of English football.

Just feel Caulker needs more time to become a regular. Caulker just doesn't look soild when under pressure. Look at the way the Leeds player easily cut him inside out for Leeds' 2nd goal in FA Cup. A defender of a top 4 team in PL should not be beaten that easily by a striker of a lower division team. That was embarassing ! Caulker has made too many mistakes like that so far this season.

I actually think he has been somewhat unlucky in that a very high portion of his mistakes have lead to goals against us. This is just my personal feeling and I have no stats to back this up, so I might very well be wrong though.

His mistake against Everton, clearing the ball when he should have let it run to the goalkeeper isn't a massive mistake in isolation in my eyes and there were other things leading to that goal. If Everton hadn't scored I don't think many people would have still been talking about that situation. Dawson made a much bigger mistake against Saudi Sportswashing Machine when he gifted them possession fairly deep in our own half when we were in complete control of it, but nothing came off it and no one is talking about it.

Not saying that Caulker doesn't make mistakes, he's a young central defender and of course he will be making mistakes. I'm just saying that I think it's been somewhat overstated on here.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Michael Dawson made loads of mistakes until he settled down with the King.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Benoit Assou-Ekotto made so many mistakes he couldn't hold down a regular first-team place

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Younes Kaboul made so many mistakes we sold him to Pompey.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Kevin Prince Boateng made so many confounded mistakes we shipped him out to Dortmund (he's now with Milan).

I can remember when a young and inexperienced Gareth Bale made so many mistakes he never managed to finish on the winning side, so we were about to sell him to ... sod it, you get the gist.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Michael Dawson made loads of mistakes until he settled down with the King.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Benoit Assou-Ekotto made so many mistakes he couldn't hold down a regular first-team place

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Younes Kaboul made so many mistakes we sold him to Pompey.

I can remember a time when a young and inexperienced Kevin Prince Boateng made so many confounded mistakes we shipped him out to Dortmund (he's now with Milan).

I can remember when a young and inexperienced Gareth Bale made so many mistakes he never managed to finish on the winning side, so we were about to sell him to ... sod it, you get the gist.

Absolutely

Agree with all of them except boateng, he is still awful. Caulker will be fine.

Kaboul dominated nearly every aerial stat when playing alongside King last season. That man is our Vidic (at least in the short term). Can't wait to see him back, will be an excellent mentor for Caulker too.

Tottenham Hotspur to receive extra £2 million for Steven Caulker if Cardiff avoid Premier League relegation

Steve Caulker could become Cardiff's record signing due to a clause in the deal to sign the defender from Spurs

Cardiff City will pay Tottenham Hotspur £2 million should they avoid relegation from the Premier League this season as part of the deal that took Steven Caulker to the Welsh club.

Cardiff paid Tottenham £8.5 million for the central defender with a clause for an extra £2 million inserted and payable at the end of this campaign if the Welsh club avoid the drop. It would make Caulker Cardiff’s record signing, overtaking the £9.5 million they paid Sevilla for Chilean international midfielder Gary Medel.

Caulker has been a significant success for Cardiff with manager Malky Mackay having installed the 22-year-old as a stand-in captain.

Caulker has played in all of Cardiff’s 11 Premier League matches this season and is set to start the match at home against Manchester United today. He has also scored two vital goals – including the winner in the 1-0 win at home against Swansea City.

Cardiff have made a promising start to the season despite the uncertainty over Mackay’s future, following the dismissal of his right-hand man and the club’s head of recruitment Iain Moody. There have also been allegations of meddling from club owner Vincent Tan, while Mackay has recently turned down the opportunity to be reunited with Moody at Crystal Palace. Mackay is determined to remain with Cardiff this season and keep them in the top-flight.

“What happened with Iain was a great shame but I have to make sure it impacts as little as possible,” he said. “As for [quitting], honestly I never considered it. I have a lot of respect for the fact I’m the Cardiff manager. I love it here and there are a lot of people here who have done an awful lot to help me. To walk away from this would be wrong.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Cardiff-avoid-Premier-League-relegation.html

I sincerely hope we've put in a buy-back clause in the deal somewhere. Perhaps for a higher fee (15-20 million) in a couple of years' time. I would love it if we had the option to buy the lad back if he develops prodigiously over the next couple of seasons, which I think he probably will do if he gets lucky with injuries.

Back