• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Great goal yesterday and there were a few good pieces of play from him.

Not judging him at this point because it was a difficult game for his debut but he didn't stand out in his general play to the extent that I forgot he was on the pitch at one point. I'd still have the concerns about him that I had before the game.
He probably is quick.....I'm just hoping someone has explained to him that not every player you'll play against is Kyle Walker quick.....
So you probably are still.....quick

He probably is quick.....I'm just hoping someone has explained to him that not every player you'll play against is Kyle Walker quick.....
So you probably are still.....quick
He caught walker several times
Walker didn’t skin him once for pace
I kept a bloody close eye on him as my mate who I go with is adamant that Stevie isn’t fast...

He caught walker several times
Walker didn’t skin him once for pace
I kept a bloody close eye on him as my mate who I go with is adamant that Stevie isn’t fast...
Yeah that's what I mean....the only way is down in terms of the pace of opponents he'll be up against.

Just hoping he wasn't thinking....jeez this league is quick.

Great goal yesterday and there were a few good pieces of play from him.

Not judging him at this point because it was a difficult game for his debut but he didn't stand out in his general play to the extent that I forgot he was on the pitch at one point. I'd still have the concerns about him that I had before the game.
Not many of our players stood out going forward until the red card at least.

He did his job defensively which was very good to see. Then came up with real quality when a (half) chance came his way. Can't ask for much more in a game like this.

He has said the pace was intense and hard to keep up with
No doubt. Cramping up after 70 minutes probably wasn't a regular thing for him before this game.

Won't be many harder or quicker opponents to come up against. Though he might need some time to be ready for regular 90 minute appearances twice a week, right now that's a very small concern though and to be expected.

Was it definitely cramp? Knowing our luck I was worried he might have pulled his calf!

Maybe some clever dude out there can adapt the lyrics to Red Red Wine?

Something like:

Steve Bergwijn
You make us feel so fine
You keep Spurs rockin'
All of the time

I think the song should start "Hey Hey Little Stevie"

Will leave the rest to you lyric writers out there.

To the tune of The Killers' Mr Brightside which goes a little something like this:

Jealousy
Turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

Jealousy
When the opposition see
When they slowly realise
I was born to mesmerize