• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Good question, I’m not best qualified to answer either but I’m sure they do in Germany. I take the point about Brighton being 4th bottom but they haven’t got anywhere near the resources we have, and I don’t envisage with the players we have that we wouldn’t be challenging for CL and trophies playing his brand of football. I certainly wouldn’t be against giving it a try if the Mourinho route falls flat on its face, and at the very least we would be damn good to watch....
I swear the change he made almost instantly with limited players was brilliant
He has added to the Hughton players with better ones and although their results havent shown it they have improved
I saw them take part Chelsea early doors and lose
Play united off the park and lose
Just play us off the park
And his many of their players would get in our side.... Bissouma, Lamptey, Dunk right now

Yep
I don’t think they were singling him out, more is going out the team for a lack of effort and used that example
The effort was appalling though. It was the biggest issue for me.
Pascal Gross, a creative player fan the most on the pitch and I’d be stunned if we had any in the top 5
It’s like they feel sorry for themselves or “sad” as Jose put it
That’s weak
That’s not professional
IMO it shows a meteorology issue and a lack of a spine in a lot of players

And its been there for the last couple of seasons, as i have said elsewhere a lot of the players who ended up on the pitch last night added to getting Pooch sacked.

Yep
How would you deal with them as a coach?

Well as i said it looked at the start of the season he had managed to turn them round, alas it seems to have gone back to how it was under Pooch. its players past their best not just physicaly but mentally as well and i do not think any manager can stop that, as you have said before there are a number of players who have been here too long and need to be shifted out.

Hope so, when we signed him I kept reading quickest in the league and scores goals. TBF he's not slow but not as explosive as I expected and as for goals we know the rest. Does look like someone with a lot of potential though.

Yes, Sonny was 23 when he joined Spurs. I'd argue that SB isnt in a dissimilar place to where Son was in 2015

Good spot and i agree, i do think that he is going to get more games now, Moura who has been a good player for us in that position is on the wane, or at least seems to be.

Hope so, when we signed him I kept reading quickest in the league and scores goals. TBF he's not slow but not as explosive as I expected and as for goals we know the rest. Does look like someone with a lot of potential though.
With his particular playstyle I think he will only really score cutting in from the left hand side. Due to the presence of Son he tends to end up playing from the right hand side more so. He appears quite one footed as well so I don't see him ever really cutting and shooting with his left.

A plethora of goals is probably unlikely for as long as Son is the primary option on the left and he should be. We need either a left footed Son or a creative left footed winger on the right.

Any idea why he wasn't even on the bench? ould have been very useful if Jose hadn't made so many subs in a short space of time.
I still think this guy has huge, HUGE potential to be a world-beater in the right type of system...

Any idea why he wasn't even on the bench? ould have been very useful if Jose hadn't made so many subs in a short space of time.
I still think this guy has huge, HUGE potential to be a world-beater in the right type of system...

Like you i do agree that the guy has bags of ability, hope to see him push on and prove it.

I'm not interested in what the guy did three years ago in a second rate Dutch league. Right now he could not hit a barn door.
The problem has been him getting into good or even decent goalscoring positions, or perhaps us as a team getting him into goalscoring positions. According to understat he has a total xG of 1.52 so far this season in the league. Much too limited a number to say anything about his finishing imo.

The problem has been him getting into good or even decent goalscoring positions, or perhaps us as a team getting him into goalscoring positions. According to understat he has a total xG of 1.52 so far this season in the league. Much too limited a number to say anything about his finishing imo.

I really don't see any redeeming features with Bergwyn. He isn't lightening quick to really scare defenders ( a la Lennon), he seemingly doesn't have the trickery to beat a player one on one, he doesn't make devastating runs in behind ( like Son) he hasn't shown ant decent crossing ability and his finishing ( this season) has been woeful. Apart from age being on his side and the ability to work hard ( which really should be the very minimum we should expect of a PL footballer) what am I missing?

I really don't see any redeeming features with Bergwyn. He isn't lightening quick to really scare defenders ( a la Lennon), he seemingly doesn't have the trickery to beat a player one on one, he doesn't make devastating runs in behind ( like Son) he hasn't shown ant decent crossing ability and his finishing ( this season) has been woeful. Apart from age being on his side and the ability to work hard ( which really should be the very minimum we should expect of a PL footballer) what am I missing?
Loads of tattoos.

Back