• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Mou loves a worker in the final third and if he can get his execution flowing a bit more consistently then he's shown he has the creativity to be a fantastic asset.

He needs to start Vs Liverpool.

Well considering we kept him in reserve yesterday, I'd suspect he's a locked in starter for Pool.

I'd go him for Pool, Bale on Sunday

Anyone see the SKY analysis of Bergwijn last night? He was shameful to be honest. Ndombele got a lot of stick from fans and the media for similar against Wolves last season.

I do like Stevie but if he's not bringing goals and that's his level of effort, he shouldn't be near the starting XI.

Anyone see the SKY analysis of Bergwijn last night? He was shameful to be honest. Ndombele got a lot of stick from fans and the media for similar against Wolves last season.

I do like Stevie but if he's not bringing goals and that's his level of effort, he shouldn't be near the starting XI.

It was, but also where was everyone else in trying to get back. SB was jogging, but no-one else apart from the CBs were in shot either!

It was, but also where was everyone else in trying to get back. SB was jogging, but no-one else apart from the CBs were in shot either!

Fair question and would need to watch it back again to see what else was going on. But other people being lazy, if that's what happened, doesn't excuse Bergwijn.

Yep
I don’t think they were singling him out, more is going out the team for a lack of effort and used that example
The effort was appalling though. It was the biggest issue for me.
Pascal Gross, a creative player fan the most on the pitch and I’d be stunned if we had any in the top 5
It’s like they feel sorry for themselves or “sad” as Jose put it
That’s weak
That’s not professional
IMO it shows a mentality issue and a lack of a spine in a lot of players

Yep
I don’t think they were singling him out, more is going out the team for a lack of effort and used that example
The effort was appalling though. It was the biggest issue for me.
Pascal Gross, a creative player fan the most on the pitch and I’d be stunned if we had any in the top 5
It’s like they feel sorry for themselves or “sad” as Jose put it
That’s weak
That’s not professional
IMO it shows a meteorology issue and a lack of a spine in a lot of players

It hints at something very wrong to me. F**k me, asking someone to run is not a lot to ask. You can't control a ball, you misjudge a tackle or miss a chance, fair enough. Mistakes can happen. But this wasn't a mistake. Running is just honesty of effort and there is never an excuse for any player not to put it in.

Last night was the first time I felt the players had lost belief in the system and tactics under Mourinho. Now, it's one game so maybe it's a bad evening and conclusions can't be drawn from it but it was just such a listless performance.

It hints at something very wrong to me. F**k me, asking someone to run is not a lot to ask. You can't control a ball, you misjudge a tackle or miss a chance, fair enough. Mistakes can happen. But this wasn't a mistake. Running is just honesty of effort and there is never an excuse for any player not to put it in.

Last night was the first time I felt the players had lost belief in the system and tactics under Mourinho. Now, it's one game so maybe it's a bad evening and conclusions can't be drawn from it but it was just such a listless performance.
Just said the same on the old guard thread

Indeed, it’s a big concern albeit in isolation - I do wonder if there’s more going on regarding the half time incident with Aurier that has had a big impact? As a side note, every time I see Brighton they play great football under Potter. I do wonder how that sort of coach would fare with us - it’s easy to say he’d be great here, but with bigger name players, bigger club pressure etc it doesn’t always work out like that. Would be interesting to see....

Indeed, it’s a big concern albeit in isolation - I do wonder if there’s more going on regarding the half time incident with Aurier that has had a big impact? As a side note, every time I see Brighton they play great football under Potter. I do wonder how that sort of coach would fare with us - it’s easy to say he’d be great here, but with bigger name players, bigger club pressure etc it doesn’t always work out like that. Would be interesting to see....

I've seen Brighton 3-4 times this season and every time they've been excellent. And each time it's against a big side (Man U, Liverpool, us x 2). They play really good football but don't get the results that their performances seem to deserve. But they're fourth from bottom for a reason - at this point I wouldn't go for Potter although I do enjoy watching his team.

I like him also @DeanoAustin. But I'm not qualified to pick any manager from where I sit.
I like the idea of a young up and coming manager and voted for Scotty (he also know the club and Levy)

If we had money it would be Brendan who I wanted before Poch.

I like him also @DeanoAustin. But I'm not qualified to pick any manager from where I sit.
I like the idea of a young up and coming manager and voted for Scotty (he also know the club and Levy)

If we had money it would be Brendan who I wanted before Poch.

I'm not qualified either. Was delighted with Hoddle, was excited about Santini, didn't want Jol, thought Ramos was a good appointment, didn't want Harry, was excited about AVB, didn't want Poch and thought Jose was a good appointment.

So I've just realised that my record is pretty much 100% wrong compared to how things turned out unless Jose turns it around. The three managers I didn't want are the three whose reigns I enjoyed most. On that basis, we should appoint Sol Campbell.

Can't stand Rodgers but he could be a good appointment because he has done well most places he's been to be fair. Parker I like but not sure he has enough experience yet. F**k it, why can't the real world be as easy as Championship Manager.

I'm not qualified either. Was delighted with Hoddle, was excited about Santini, didn't want Jol, thought Ramos was a good appointment, didn't want Harry, was excited about AVB, didn't want Poch and thought Jose was a good appointment.

So I've just realised that my record is pretty much 400% wrong compared to how things turned out unless Jose turns it around. The three managers I didn't want are the three whose reigns I enjoyed most. On that basis, we should appoint Sol Campbell.

Can't stand Rodgers but he could be a good appointment because he has done well most places he's been to be fair. Parker I like but not sure he has enough experience yet. F**k it, why can't the real world be as easy as Championship Manager.
I didn’t want Poch.. and he wasn’t that hyped
I really really didnt want Jose
Joel I really wanted (I’d read up on him in Holland)
Didn’t want Harry
Santini I thought was a master stroke
Avb I really wanted .. I mean how could he be wrong

I've seen Brighton 3-4 times this season and every time they've been excellent. And each time it's against a big side (Man U, Liverpool, us x 2). They play really good football but don't get the results that their performances seem to deserve. But they're fourth from bottom for a reason - at this point I wouldn't go for Potter although I do enjoy watching his team.
There fourth bottom as they don’t take Theo chances
They are well behind the XG due to crap strikers
He is a brilliant coach IMO
He would be amazing with players with a hunger and willingness to learn
His football philosophy is brilliant and it’s why other coaches big him up

Even Sissoko who has his critics for his technique etc usually puts a shift in but several times I noticed him just jogging back or even walking especially in the second half

Surely Vinny did enough to warrant a start on Thursday

Very nearly scored bringing an excellent save

Even Sissoko who has his critics for his technique etc usually puts a shift in but several times I noticed him just jogging back or even walking especially in the second half

Surely Vinny did enough to warrant a start on Thursday

Very nearly scored bringing an excellent save

That’s a great point I forgot actually. There was one passage of play second half where the ball went out for their throw high up the pitch and Sissoko was out of position ahead of the ball and he didn’t even attempt to get back in the right place.

It struck me as very odd because I’d be as critical of Sissoko as much as the next man but he always busts a nut.

That’s a great point I forgot actually. There was one passage of play second half where the ball went out for their throw high up the pitch and Sissoko was out of position ahead of the ball and he didn’t even attempt to get back in the right place.

It struck me as very odd because I’d be as critical of Sissoko as much as the next man but he always busts a nut.
Like you said previously, let’s see how the next game pans out - Sissoko playing out of position doesn’t help(of course that doesn’t stop him from running back). If the players are not at the very least running hard and fighting next game up against Chelsea then I don’t see any other reason for it other than Jose is losing the dressing room.

I was hoping Vini would start,I thought we would need a focal point but at the same time giving Bale a chance to prove himself against one of the lower teams wasn’t exactly a bad idea and I think Bale let Mourinho down after he put faith in him. If Vini doesn’t start against Chelsea I’ll be disappointed....

I don't follow foreign leagues as much but in places like italy/Spain aren't the bigger clubs a bit more open to appointing managers who have done well at the smaller teams?

I don't follow foreign leagues as much but in places like italy/Spain aren't the bigger clubs a bit more open to appointing managers who have done well at the smaller teams?
Good question, I’m not best qualified to answer either but I’m sure they do in Germany. I take the point about Brighton being 4th bottom but they haven’t got anywhere near the resources we have, and I don’t envisage with the players we have that we wouldn’t be challenging for CL and trophies playing his brand of football. I certainly wouldn’t be against giving it a try if the Mourinho route falls flat on its face, and at the very least we would be damn good to watch....

100%
They see it as progress and a manager proving themselves
Here it has it be a name
Hence why the same old dross get the same lesser jobs and then en vogue managers get the big ones

Back