• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Yes, it was noticeable for Bergwijn's goal that Maguire was wanting to turn left, then had to turn his tugboat around and turn right, by which time Bergwijn was past him and thundering in on goal.

I'm still not 400% sure what sort of player Bergwijn is, or how good he is, but he is certainly making an impact and outshining our other forwards at the moment.
He plays like Mane IMO, a player who wants to play for the up on the defender

I honestly think the pressure on both lads is so far apart it can’t help
We have people desperate for parrot to fly (pun intended) when he has so little experience to hit the ground running, and has to come into a broken team
The Chelsea lad came in with no fanfare or pressure and played really well. He carried it into his next game too and now he is being hyped up to his talent

Said outside the Chelsea camp, they Had huge hopes and hypes for the lad, their fans knew. Same as us, no one outside Spurs is hyping Troy.

No-one has commented on the fact that Mourinho said Bergwijn was not his first choice in the January window. Incredible. It has slipped by with no mention. He won't tolerate too much more of that.

No-one has commented on the fact that Mourinho said Bergwijn was not his first choice in the January window. Incredible. It has slipped by with no mention. He won't tolerate too much more of that.

Who won't tolerate it? Levy? If it's him, he better get used to being called out when Mourinho doesn't get his first-choices in.

Maybe it will remind him how good he had it with Poch.

If it's Mourinho, you're right that he'll get pretty blunt about not getting his first choices, but then, it's basically inevitable at this point. Maybe that's why no one mentioned it - it's as predictable as the sun coming over the horizon.

Last edited:
It wasn’t made a big deal of because he was quite clearly complimenting the club. He said he wasn’t his initial first choice, but went on to congratulate the club for signing the player basically saying he was proven wrong and is refreshingly honest. But of course those who don’t Mourinho use the smallest of things to try and use against him. You notice it more and more in various threads.....

It wasn’t made a big deal of because he was quite clearly complimenting the club. He said he wasn’t his initial first choice, but went on to congratulate the club for signing the player basically saying he was proven wrong and is refreshingly honest. But of course, those who don’t Mourinho use the smallest of things to try and use against him. You notice it more and more in various threads.....

I'm by no means a blinkered Jose fan and the Poch vs back forth is to be expected.
Poch was a hero to many not unlike Martin Jol and fans of these managers are always upset when they are sacked. Jose for me has always had biggish finances, so I'm wondering if he's a fit for THFC. He though is in my top manager list.
Constantly digging him out because many want to reaffirm their love for his predecessor is now wearying and unnecessary. Long live the king etc

Last edited:
It wasn’t made a big deal of because he was quite clearly complimenting the club. He said he wasn’t his initial first choice, but went on to congratulate the club for signing the player basically saying he was proven wrong and is refreshingly honest. But of course those who don’t Mourinho use the smallest of things to try and use against him. You notice it more and more in various threads.....

tickle my balls with a feather.

I don't need to send a cheap shot. I have been more honest than most regarding my exact feelings on Mourinho. My POINT was that he was NOT necessarily getting what HE wanted, and that will have a shelf-life.

I don't need to send a cheap shot. I have been more honest than most regarding my exact feelings on Mourinho. My POINT was that he was NOT necessarily getting what HE wanted, and that will have a shelf-life.

It still feels like quite a sensationalist take on it mate...You're implying that because Stevie wasn't first on the list that Jose didn't want him. Things would come to a head pretty quickly with any coach / chairman relationship if everyone expected to be able to get their first choice, the other team has to agree to the deal as well you know!

Hmm.
If I said my first two choices were Natalie Portman and Natalie Dormer in that order, and was told that Portman was a firm no but Natalie Dormer was on her way over...I'd tolerate more of that.

Back