• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

I think playing him now would basically by like a loan.
Let him play, no expectations - even an expectation that he isn't ready yet. Any good thing that happens is a bonus and he'll learn.
Unless his meteorology isn't ready - then it might break him

I haven't seen enough of Parrott to know if he's ready or not but his age can't be the sole reason not to try him. The young lad at Chelsea is showing that you can mix it in the league at 18. But then Mourinho sees him day in and day out. Time will tell if he's making the right call I suppose.

I haven't seen enough of Parrott to know if he's ready or not but his age can't be the sole reason not to try him. The young lad at Chelsea is showing that you can mix it in the league at 18. But then Mourinho sees him day in and day out. Time will tell if he's making the right call I suppose.
I honestly think the pressure on both lads is so far apart it can’t help
We have people desperate for parrot to fly (pun intended) when he has so little experience to hit the ground running, and has to come into a broken team
The Chelsea lad came in with no fanfare or pressure and played really well. He carried it into his next game too and now he is being hyped up to his talent

I honestly think the pressure on both lads is so far apart it can’t help
We have people desperate for parrot to fly (pun intended) when he has so little experience to hit the ground running, and has to come into a broken team
The Chelsea lad came in with no fanfare or pressure and played really well. He carried it into his next game too and now he is being hyped up to his talent

Could not agree more, because of our situation with Kane and Son we are desperate for strikers and playing Parrot would ( at his age) put a lot of unfair pressure on him. And IF it did not work i can only imagine the stick he would get from some fans and possibly knock his confidence going forward. If the manager says he is not ready then i trust his opinion over frustrated fans who have no real insight to the pressure he will be under.

Could not agree more, because of our situation with Kane and Son we are desperate for strikers and playing Parrot would ( at his age) put a lot of unfair pressure on him. And IF it did not work i can only imagine the stick he would get from some fans and possibly knock his confidence going forward. If the manager says he is not ready then i trust his opinion over frustrated fans who have no real insight to the pressure he will be under.
I agree with this. He's a young man and probably not ready to shoulder the pressure of being the 1st team striker of a club of this size in high-pressure games. That last caveat is important though because our season is dwindling away into nothing really, and each subsequent game becomes less important as we fall further away from any sort of prize. At some point the benefit of playing him, blooding him, will outweigh a position or two in the final league table IMO.

Last edited:
I agree with this. He's a young man and probably not ready to shoulder the pressure of being the 1st team striker of a club of this size in high-pressure games. That last caveat is important though because our season is dwindling away into nothing really, and each subsequent game becomes less important as we fall further away from any sort of prize. At some point the benefit of playing him, blooding him, will outweigh a position or two in the final league table IMO.

i do believe that if we EVER get into a position in a game when we are winning and not hanging on then we could bring him on for the last 20 mins or so, sadly we have not been in that position for a long time.

Players have to earn minutes in the first team. It’s why sending talented, young players on loan is a good idea, as the only way they get into the team they are loaned out to is by proving themselves good enough in training.

Please, we have no striker, we should have given him some run-outs. Jose is just making a mountain out of another molehill.
Doesn't matter now

People moaned about buying him but this was a transfer we clearly needed.
If a player of quality is available we should make the effort to buy them like we did here
Agree. Our AMs are very patchy - Dele,Moura,Lamela even Son who some on here claim to be world class which is ridiculous. I was surprised to see a lot of predicted lineups for Man U game not to include him, he’s been played by Jose whenever available. This guy has a lot going for him and I’m excited to see him grow over the next couple of years....

Yes, it was noticeable for Bergwijn's goal that Maguire was wanting to turn left, then had to turn his tugboat around and turn right, by which time Bergwijn was past him and thundering in on goal.

I'm still not 100% sure what sort of player Bergwijn is, or how good he is, but he is certainly making an impact and outshining our other forwards at the moment.

Back