• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Steven Bergwijn

Jose is setting his stall out for hunch signings and getting his excuses in early.
Bergwijn looks useful and fingers crossed is a success. Why we bought Sessegnon is beyond me. We might as well get Ryan out on loan.
Tanganga and Davies have left back sorted with others to sep in.

We could do this thing called 'rotation' apparently its all the rage at some clubs, or it might allow us to make changes during a game, or play different formations, or freshen up the squad, or any number of other things

But we need depth and cover and until we have had a few windows to give us that and refresh the Rose and Wanayama's of the squad I don't think we should be selling useful players

Plus Lamela might be injured for parts of the season but he brings that bit of brickhousery to the team that sometimes we need.

Buying this lad with Sessegnon sitting on bum somewhere is %$^£ madness IMHO.

I can only think that someone will be on his bike this summer.
Sessegnon on his bike?

he is playing albeit now at left back and Jose said he sees him as potentially the new Ashley Cole. He has a lot of room for growth and plenty of time for his Bale like transformation!

I’m if the opinion you can’t have too many good players and given how stale things have been a direct pace option would be a welcome addition to the options we currently have. Son and Moura have no genuine competition for their place.

I don’t disagree there are other areas where even the first choice needs to be upgraded, but we have a few days left to resolve at least one of them.

I can see us offloading Lamela to get Piacek

Now that has some logic too it.
But why pay £25m + Onomah for Sessegnon and then what........

PS Ryan must get games and preferably playing forward. If Jose wants to mould him in the next Ashly Cole OK but we then must expect a shallow learning curve and I'm not sure we have time. A loan to someone would be good.

More to the point why would Milan want to do that?
I think with players happy to collect their wages we will see a lot more loan to buy deals. From the clubs perspective it at least allows them to free up wages for a similar signing themselves, which freshens up the squad, keeps the manager happy, fans always like to see new faces as a sign of intent and the actual signing would represent less risk due to the buying club as they’ve performed more diligence by seeing that the player suits the club / league / country / manager. You could also potentially strike a deal for a higher fee than the initial punt due to the added comfort of having had the player perform for a year,

Hope he's not sold.

I think a loan might be good but in what position?
IHO a left attacking "thingy"
he can go right as well, I've watched him there.
I’m sure he won’t be loaned or sold. He’s young and settling into a new team with his second manager already, having had an injury upon arrival. It’s not like Poch found lot of time for him to play. No way we loan a 30m young player at the beginning of his career with us

I can see us offloading Lamela to get Piacek

If we had more numbers in attacking areas, I'd be all for that. Mind you, I've always thought that Lamela was over-rated by a lot of Spurs fans.

He is reaching his peak though (28 in March) so if he's not going to be a first choice player then arguably it makes good business sense to sell what will become a declining asset and replace him with someone younger

Now that has some logic too it.
But why pay £25m + Onomah for Sessegnon and then what........

PS Ryan must get games and preferably playing forward. If Jose wants to mould him in the next Ashly Cole OK but we then must expect a shallow learning curve and I'm not sure we have time. A loan to someone would be good.
Jose may see him as a LB so will work with him
We don’t know that currently

I’m sure he won’t be loaned or sold. He’s young and settling into a new team with his second manager already, having had an injury upon arrival. It’s not like Poch found lot of time for him to play. No way we loan a 30m young player at the beginning of his career with us

But when Ben is back he will be #1 surly and Tanganga #2?
Ryan, in my opinion, won't learn much sitting on the subs bench in a team needing every point available to get into Europe?

Ryan, in my opinion, won't learn much sitting on the subs bench in a team needing every point available to get into Europe?
Or Tanganga is RB cover and also CB
LB is not a position he has played until recently
CB and RB is

Or Tanganga is RB cover and also CB
LB is not a position he has played until recently
CB and RB is

This guy Tanganga is an amazing athlete and I think he can play across the back. He has impressed me. He was meh in his first outing at LB the very competent in his next. Love the lad a big player for us over the next few years. Enjoy watching him.
I must not get ahead of myself here......calm

There a few permutations invoicing Tanganga mentioned above, I think you are worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. Given our recent injury record I’m not concerned that we have too many players!
It’s also up to the player himself to put himself in contention and it’s far too early in both his and the managers tenure to be able to really say what his standing in the squad is.

There a few permutations invoicing Tanganga mentioned above, I think you are worrying about something that hasn’t happened yet. Given our recent injury record I’m not concerned that we have too many players!
It’s also up to the player himself to put himself in contention and it’s far too early in both his and the managers tenure to be able to really say what his standing in the squad is.

Well you took the wind out my Tanganga sail;)

Well you took the wind out my Tanganga sail;)
He has been the biggest positive of Mourinho’s reign is far imo, I always try and curb my expectations but I think I’ve said elsewhere I am a huge fan. The challenge is not to put too much pressure on him whilst he develops.
I usually see multiple positions as a positive regarding a players ability and potential but it can be a hindrance too. He’ll probably crop up as a DM next!

Back