• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

Liverpool defend rise in corporate seats...

from fans who don't want their club making money?

they'll be defending the pitch having 4 corners next

Don't they know fans who think the cheapest tickets are too expensive should be prioritized?

Athletic Bilboa's new Stadium San Mamés Barria (53,332) is now complete after being constructed in the we originally planned to with the NDP. Stolen from SSC:

A few more recent snaps of Bilbao' snazzy new San Mamés stadium...

B26Sv3nCAAA1Apm.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Jaime_Parejo/status/535530949845721088

ByE2IBLIcAAt-G9.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/RaulAthletic/status/513751346580045824

B4vIbMKCMAAzkdD.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/IGaribi/status/543748551051075584

Can imagine something like this in Tottenham Hotspur' colours would look lovely along the Hypocolius Lea...

BwEpp3jIgAAi_zD.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/infoMasDeporte/status/504735905593438208

@BrentfordFC: BREAKING NEWS: Lionel Road stadium development agreement signed. Read more: http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/a...onelk-road-development-agreement-2161784.aspx
Brentford Football Club and residential developer Willmott Dixon have signed a Development Agreement to deliver a new 20,000 capacity stadium at Lionel Road South, in Brentford, together with other community facilities, new homes and shops.
As part of the agreement, Willmott Dixon will also take forward plans for Brentford’s existing stadium at Griffin Park.
Under this agreement, the Club will contribute its land at Lionel Road South site where Willmott Dixon, as development partner, will build the stadium, associated infrastructure and 910 new homes, including 338 that will be available specifically for private rent under Willmott Dixon’s Private Rental Sector (PRS) company be:here.
When the new stadium is open The Bees will relocate from Griffin Park, where Willmott Dixon will develop 70 three and four bedroom family homes for private sale.
The Griffin Park development will include a memorial garden to commemorate the history of the football ground where the Club has played since 1904.
Now the agreement is signed, the next immediate step is for London Borough of Hounslow to issue the Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) to enable the Club to complete the land assembly.
Meanwhile the Club and Willmott Dixon will progress all the essential permissions and preparatory work to ensure a start on site later next year.
Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/a...nt-agreement-2161784.aspx#pxk3QEjq4tp1B7tg.99
B5jVUEFIEAAPBvp.jpg:large

AS Roma's planned new stadium
Capacity: 52,000 expandable to 60,000 for internationals.

@ESPNFC: Roma's proposed new stadium has moved a step closer to reality after the city council approved their plans. http://es.pn/1JPl4QO
Roma's attempts to construct a new purpose-built stadium have moved a step closer to becoming reality after the city council approved their plans.

After a full day of meetings and deliberation, the blueprint for a new stadium in the Tor di Valle district, between the city centre and Fiumicino airport, was approved with 29 councillors in favour, eight against and three abstaining from the vote.

There is now only one more hurdle to cross before Roma can announce a request for tender for the works to commence.

They must now present their final plans to the region of Lazio, which has 180 days to give the green light, ask for amendments or reject the proposal.

The Serie A club hope the new 52,500-seater stadium will be ready for the start of the 2017-18 season, if not before. As soon as the region of Lazio gives its consent, work is expected to take between 27 and 30 months from start to finish.

Roma are hoping to follow the example of Juventus, the only other club in Italy's top flight to have constructed their own stadium in recent years. Many venues up and down Italy were renovated or constructed for the 1990 World Cup, but no further work has been carried out in the past 25 years.

Most of those grounds, like Roma's current Stadio Olimpico, are also owned by city councils and rented out to the clubs, who are therefore unable to carry out modernisation work.

Udinese managed to buy their Stadio Friuli from the city council in 2012 and reconstruction work is well underway with the new 25,000-seater venue set to be ready by the end of 2015.

AC Milan are also advancing with their plans to move away from the San Siro and into a new purpose-built stadium with city rivals Inter then hopeful they will be able to purchase their current home and carry out modernisation work there.

Genoa and Sampdoria have also drafted initial plans for new homes while Palermo are also hoping to be given permission to build a new stadium in the near future.

Progress in a sector that had remained static since Italy hosted the World Cup has been facilitated by the abolition of many bureaucratic obstacles by the current Italian government.
B5kEvLBCYAAuohK.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/MatteoMonti_SF/status/547474039393247233

B5kIHQGCEAAp9i2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NoticiASRoma/status/547502961770110976

Milan have released plans for their new stadium, which will be based in the Portello area of the city and have a capacity of 48,000 - drastically less than that of their current home San Siro.

The Serie A club share the stadium with rivals Inter but have begun working with the company behind Bayern Munich's Allianz Arena and the Bird's Nest Olympic Stadium in Beijing on a new venue.

San Siro, which formerly had a capacity of 100,000, currently holds just over 85,000 fans - although Milan attendances have gradually dwindled in recent years.

In a statement confirming the plans, Milan also revealed the stadium would have an 'English model', in that it will be easily reached by public transport.

The stadium will be less than 30 metres high from ground level and be built using soundproofing technologies, to limit noise in what is an urban area.

Announcing their plans, Milan called the potential new structure "A unique place, planned in collaboration with the Milan Polytechnic Architecture Department and that aims to be open seven days a week and not just on match days.

"It plans to hold 48.000 spectators and aims to provide a truly exciting experience with particular attention towards families, with the latest comforts and the best in security."

Edit - this is their new headquarters, I don't think they've released the design for their new stadium yet?

Last edited:
Not sure, but i do like the squareness of the outside design coupled with the apparently now unavoidable round shape inside

Sounds like a gentrification of a fan base is in full swing. Interesting that the twitter account mentions 'family' and 'safety'.

I guess that means smaller capacity, higher ticket prices, less 'undesireables'.

Sounds like a gentrification of a fan base is in full swing. Interesting that the twitter account mentions 'family' and 'safety'.

I guess that means smaller capacity, higher ticket prices, less 'undesireables'.

Quite possibly. And with some of the stories coming out of Italian football I wouldn't blame them. Although the smaller capacity also just seems like the smart move from most perspectives.

I also think that to a large extent Juve have set a standard for Italian football with their new stadium, helped kickstart what could be a very good move. The San Siro is iconic, but far from a modern football stadium and quite possibly holding Milan back.

West Ham and their fans should take note. They're essentially doing the opposite move of what Juve did and Milan and Roma are planning it seems to me.

A few more recent snaps of Bilbao' snazzy new San Mamés stadium...

B26Sv3nCAAA1Apm.jpg:large

ByE2IBLIcAAt-G9.jpg:large

B4vIbMKCMAAzkdD.jpg:large

Can imagine something like this in Tottenham Hotspur' colours would look lovely along the Hypocolius Lea...

BwEpp3jIgAAi_zD.jpg:large

This is the stadium that we should be emulating IMO.... It cost only 211 million euros to build and was built overlapping the site of the old stadium in the same manner as our original proposed plan where we'd build alongside WHL and then move to the new stadium when 3/4s complete.

This is the stadium that we should be emulating IMO.... It cost only 211 million euros to build and was built overlapping the site of the old stadium in the same manner as our original proposed plan where we'd build alongside WHL and then move to the new stadium when 3/4s complete.

How comparable is that in terms of cost? And in terms of timing a move? One being built in a city of around 350k people in Spain during significant financial troubles for a team considered to be the "national team" of the local region. Compared to us building a (slightly) larger stadium in London of all places...

How comparable is that in terms of cost? And in terms of timing a move? One being built in a city of around 350k people in Spain during significant financial troubles for a team considered to be the "national team" of the local region. Compared to us building a (slightly) larger stadium in London of all places...
Well one would assume that material costs should be reasonably identical for the two projects? Labour costs would have course be higher here in the UK with our minimum wage laws, I don't think they have anything similar in Spain? When I spoke about emulating the project however, I meant more in terms of the way that they built the new stadium and opened it before it was complete, in a similar manner to our initial proposal. I remember reading something from Levy about there not being enough certainty about constructing a project in this way to achieve the funding required, I would therefore like to know the differences between our initial proposal and the construction that Bilbao completed.

Back