• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad Numbers & Goals

Juicebox

Clive Wilson
There are certain numbers that are naturally assigned to certain positions eg CF #9

After Harry Kane reached the landmark 20th goal of the season it got me thinking which squad number has contributed the most goals for Spurs since the introduction in 1993.

I would guess that 10 (Sheringham, Keane, Adebayour) leads the way, followed by 18 (Klinsmann, Defoe, Kane) and then 9 (Ferdinand, Berbatov, Rasiak ;-) )

I'm assuming Statto will have the answer!

18 surely. Jermaine is our top PL goalscorer, Klinsmann was top goalscorer in his season.

Looking at stattos website I can also see other 18s include Iverson who weighed in with a few, as did Ruel Fox. But also Gerry McMahon, full back Ben Thatcher then that complete waste of space Frazer frickin Campbell

I'm not sure whether Iversen managed to score more when he wore 18 or 10?

Sheringham and Keane both consistently scored plus a few others which is why my gut feeling that numver 10 would have the highest number of goals, but would think 18 wouldn't be far behind.

Having done a quick check using Statto's website and Wiki it would seem our #10 is the most prolific goal scorer with 290 goals in all competitions since 93/94, #18 with 203 and #9 with 176

Back