• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Squad not good enough...or unable to play a different style?

We dithered yet again 'allegedly'.

Maybe I’ve got the story wrong, I thought we’d had a bid accepted but the potential new owners had demanded a freeze on transfers whilst they completed the deal, then when they were in charge put a stop to him leaving?

Maybe I’ve got the story wrong, I thought we’d had a bid accepted but the potential new owners had demanded a freeze on transfers whilst they completed the deal, then when they were in charge put a stop to him leaving?

That's my take. It's the timeline that might have had the normal Daniel haggling pause?
Mind, Mourinho would have had a right cob on with Dele and his mate around.

There's a version of the story that if we offered the asked for 25m by a certain date he would been signed before the new owners had even gotten involved. I don't know if that is true but that is the story.

There's a version of the story that if we offered the asked for 25m by a certain date he would been signed before the new owners had even gotten involved. I don't know if that is true but that is the story.

Maybe, but the new owner was an old minority owner and already the chairman right?

We dithered yet again 'allegedly'.

If you mean Grealish? then we did not dither, we had a deal agreed until the new prospectice owners said IF Grealish ( or any other player)was sold they would pull out of the deal. Once they took over they doubled the agreed price and that is why it did not happen.

I have explained this over and over on here but they are still S OME who say it was Levys fault we did not sign him.

I don't know how to use the like button. They were willing to sell but at double the price that had been agreed with the club before they took over.

If you mean Grealish? then we did not dither, we had a deal agreed until the new prospectice owners said IF Grealish ( or any other player)was sold they would pull out of the deal. Once they took over they doubled the agreed price and that is why it did not happen.

I have explained this over and over on here but they are still S OME who say it was Levys fault we did not sign him.
We dithered massively..... Leicester did a deal for Maddison for the same fee that Villa were asking for Grealish in less than half the time it took us to agree a deal with Villa. We had weeks, months even!, to do that deal and had we been decisive, like Leicester were for Maddison, then the player would’ve been ours weeks before their new owners has even spoken to each other about investing in Villa.

as I’ve explained over and over as well. :D

I don't know how to use the like button. They were willing to sell but at double the price that had been agreed with the club before they took over.

I think more likely they never were, they were just saying that to keep the player sweet until they could afford to massively bump his wages when their first PL TV money cheque arrived.

We were being strung along with moving goalposts, same as with Moutinho a few years earlier.

I think more likely they never were, they were just saying that to keep the player sweet until they could afford to massively bump his wages when their first PL TV money cheque arrived.

We were being strung along with moving goalposts, same as with Moutinho a few years earlier.
No they had a tax bill to pay and nothing to pay it with. Their new ownership saved them with a cash injection. Remember that this was 1 year before they were promoted.

We dithered massively..... Leicester did a deal for Maddison for the same fee that Villa were asking for Grealish in less than half the time it took us to agree a deal with Villa. We had weeks, months even!, to do that deal and had we been decisive, like Leicester were for Maddison, then the player would’ve been ours weeks before their new owners has even spoken to each other about investing in Villa.

as I’ve explained over and over as well.:D

Yes we have been around the houses about this a few times, you were wrong then just as you are now. :p

Is this our very first ITK-off?! Maybe due another poll thread to see who we reckon is the Eye Tee Kay Glory Glory supreme chief of knowing things....

Back