• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Woolwich Official OMT.

Beat by the better side. It's what happens when you constantly sell your best players and replace with inferior players. 5th is overachieving IMO

Ofcourse over this season they are, but today, really? You thought they were the better side? Even wenger didn't think so judging by his post match interview.

Ofcourse over this season they are, but today, really? You thought they were the better side? Even wenger didn't think so judging by his post match interview.

i'm with you and sherwood in thinking that we actually played well today. and i think today was one of those games where both teams had chances, and so both could've won. it so happened that arsenal won today.

but, lets not fool ourselves. the extent to which we dominated possession was massively down to the fact that arsenal scored early on. i think i read in the guardian recently that last season every single team in the premier league had less possession on average over the course of the season once they took the lead. i have no doubt, this was probably one of the main factors in them "conceding" possession to us, whilst waiting to hit us on the counter attack.

if we continue to concede the first goal, especially against the big teams, we will always leave ourselves with an uphill task.

Result was not a surprise, but the resolve was much better than recent games. I don't expect much from Tim in games v the Top 4, he has a lot to learn in his first EPL stint, and he has beaten almost everyone below.

Good show of resolve, but I doubt Levy and most of us would give Tim the time to learn and develop - we need to rejig the squad and bring in an experienced manager with a winning mentality to take over, and lead us to the Promised Land. The Top 4 trophy !

Seriously people?

Bill nic? No?

Not specifically at you, but people should know this ****.

Im fully aware of the quote. By repeating it you sound like you believe it as a fact. Of course, in todays world it means nothing. Missing out on the Europa next season would be a blessing in disguise if it meant improving our chances of getting a Champions League spot.

Im fully aware of the quote. By repeating it you sound like you believe it as a fact. Of course, in todays world it means nothing. Missing out on the Europa next season would be a blessing in disguise if it meant improving our chances of getting a Champions League spot.

CL qualification is the prize for winning it next season so for that reason alone it's worth a try. We should use the qualifying rounds for the kids and fringe players, maybe for fitness reasons for first teamers, and if they qualify then take it up a notch. If they don't then so what.

As you say 'if it meant improving'

'If'

You have no way of knowing if it will or not. In fact I expect we'll have an easier time qualifying through the Europa next season than through the top four. The current top four will strengthen and well, I expect man united to spend too. Whilst we'll probably break even.

Gutted. Hate losing to them ****s, especially at the Lane.

Some of the fans next to me at the game thought we played well. Nonsense. We were unfortunate to fall behind to a wonder strike but that set the tone for the remainder of the game. Arsenal were always going to sit on that and it was down to us to break them down, something we were just unable to do. Tens of long balls up to Adebayor expecting him to continuously fashion something out of nothing does not constitute a good performance I'm afraid. We showed some good approach play, granted, and I was glad to see most of the boys actually showed some spirit (a rarity in this depressing season) but ultimately we were toothless and our only real chance materialised cos of that massive ****er Szczesny's error.

At least - and this is the only consolation from today - Arsenal were **** going forward. Unless they have all their attacking players return from injury in tip top form they aren't going to score enough goals to even be close to the top three. They'll coast to 4th, which will obviously represent a better season than our own miserable one but it will still be funny when, for all the optimism in the Woolwich area back in December, they have to settle for another fourth place finish and an inevitable cup final loss to Hull.

I had the same feeling, I was out of my seat urging the boys on, but we didn`t really create any clear cut chances. Thankfully the **** finishing was crap or it could have been a lot worse. My other half actually thinks Tottenham are going to give me a massive heart attack, they get me so bloody aggravated these days

No...its more likely the others that just there will have health issues..

so...at least you were getting behind the Team..you dont have to and sing throughout the game..just
give the boys a bit of welly by getting behind them...

Coy........................Spurs.......................

That game had a nil nil all over it yesterday but for rosickys wonder goal,they had one or two chances.....can't remember giroud haven't any chances or podowski( what ever his name is),we had a nothing clear cut too,but will never undestand why chadli hit the ball so low on the ground knowing there be defenders on the line if he had hit the ball higher there would have been a good chance one of them would have handled it.

Thought i would never had to say this but i agreed with merson on some of his comments.........soldano would have eaten up some of the crosses coming over, first time in ages that we got to the by-line and hit some crosses along the six yard box.

We deserved a point yesterday.......i just wonder everytime we play the goons why can't it be us who pinch a one nil win.....everytime we play them we always give a goal away or make hard work of it in winning against them,they always seem to turn up, quite often.

Back